Topics

Planning meeting for July 30, 2016

derek riemer

Hello NVDACon North America planning committee:

The agenda for tomorrows meeting (To be held at 9 P.M. Eastern time) is live. Feel free to add to it if you wish to discuss anything.

https://nvdacon.groups.io/g/us/wiki/agenda-for-30-7-2016-Planning-meeting

If the calendar reminders were helpful, let me know, and I'll do those next time again (I wasn't sure if people found them useful or annoying).

Thanks.

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Annette Cooper <annette.cooper1@...>

I did like the calender thanks Annette

[...]

One more thing. I still have not learn’t how to talk on teem talk I hope you didn’t mind me telling you this Annette

[...]

Hi, I can send instructions. I'll do this tomorrow morning.

Thanks

On 7/29/2016 9:24 PM, Annette Cooper wrote:

[...]

How to join us

TeamTalk is a program that you run on your Windows PC or smartphones (there is a Mac version available, but we have found that it does not work well with VoiceOver and so we do not recommend you use it). For PC version, follow these steps:

  1. Download the software (TeamTalk 5) from http://bearware.dk/teamtalk/v5.1.3/TeamTalk_v5.1.3_Setup.exe
  2. When you are installing the above program, you will come to a screen where you can choose which components you want. Tab to the list of components and arrow down until you find the “TeamTalk 5 classic” option. Press space, then enter. For best results with screen reading software, it is strongly recommended that you do this; the standard (non-classic) version is not very accessible.
  3. Once the setup process is complete, and you are in the TeamTalk application (start it up if it is not running already), follow the below procedure to connect to the server:
    ◦ From within TeamTalk, press f2. Tab until you get to the “host properties” group, and simply erase any information that may be already in the edit fields. For the “entry name”, type anything you want that will tell you what this server is (for example, “NVDACon”). For “host address”, type nvda-kr.org. Set TCP port to 10333 and UDP port to 10333 and skip everything else. Press enter on “join/update” and you should be all set.
    ◦ Alternatively, if you have TeamTalk 5 installed, select this link to connect to the server directly (note that you’ll need to change your name to something else by pressing F5). Press me to go directly to the room
    ◦ You can also use TeamTalk for iOS (called iTeamTalk) or Android.