Topics

[NVDACon] Situation explained.

lauracornwell

The  letter that you and I worked on  together.  

From: us@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:us@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 10:50 AM
To: us@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon+US] Situation explained.

Which letter?

On 9/1/2016 9:15 AM, lauracornwell wrote:

I am getting ready to send my letter out and thanks for the reminder. I   will let everyone no when that goes out .

-----Original Message-----
From: us@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:us@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashley Coleman
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:53 AM

Do we have options in the situation where Lighthouse does not respond?

---
Ashley Coleman
Blinkie Chicks | Social Media Manager
Find us on Twitter: 
http://www. Twitter.com/blinkiechicks/
Find us on the web:
http://www.blinkiechicks.com/ 

From: us@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:us@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 6:42 AM
Subject: [NVDACon+US] Situation explained.

Hi guys:

I need to explain why I have been slow this week.

I have been trying to contact lighthouse for over a week now to figure out when they want to speak and if they would like to promote anything specific in regard to the conference. I haven't heard a word back after many emails, and two different phone calls. I am currently working to pull some strings as if we don't hear back from them soon on times, we might have to cancel the keynote (Promotion takes time, and we are at the point where we cannot just sit around hoping this will happen). If I do not hear back by Monday, we are going to have to do an emergency vote on whether to cancel the keynote, or let someone else prepare a speech (Who)? In light of this, I have decided that I am not waiting any more. 
We will be promoting the panel for Friday night. We need panelists, and promotion can start as of when I send out an email later (I'm currently going to add a page to our site for a home page, if anyone is willing to add a page for the other things listed in my minutes, please let me know). If you are one of the people who have a wp account, do you mind setting up the social widgets? Also, there are a few other pages that we'll have to add.

If you want to give input on the panel letter, you have until two hours after my next draft with the website info (Thanks Michael for the suggestion). After that, I will declare the panel letter open for promotion. Also, if you have contacts with the AFB, Can you send out your promotion (Ashley, I got your NFB question and need to respond real quick).
Thanks

--

Derek Riemer

• Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

derek riemer

Oh. Go ahead

On 9/1/2016 1:29 PM, lauracornwell wrote:

The  letter that you and I worked on  together.  

Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 10:50 AM

Which letter?

On 9/1/2016 9:15 AM, lauracornwell wrote:

I am getting ready to send my letter out and thanks for the reminder. I   will let everyone no when that goes out .

From: us@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:us@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashley Coleman
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:53 AM

Do we have options in the situation where Lighthouse does not respond?

---
Ashley Coleman
Blinkie Chicks | Social Media Manager
Find us on Twitter: 
http://www. Twitter.com/blinkiechicks/
Find us on the web:
http://www.blinkiechicks.com/ 

Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 6:42 AM
Subject: [NVDACon+US] Situation explained.

Hi guys:

I need to explain why I have been slow this week.

I have been trying to contact lighthouse for over a week now to figure out when they want to speak and if they would like to promote anything specific in regard to the conference. I haven't heard a word back after many emails, and two different phone calls. I am currently working to pull some strings as if we don't hear back from them soon on times, we might have to cancel the keynote (Promotion takes time, and we are at the point where we cannot just sit around hoping this will happen). If I do not hear back by Monday, we are going to have to do an emergency vote on whether to cancel the keynote, or let someone else prepare a speech (Who)? In light of this, I have decided that I am not waiting any more. 
We will be promoting the panel for Friday night. We need panelists, and promotion can start as of when I send out an email later (I'm currently going to add a page to our site for a home page, if anyone is willing to add a page for the other things listed in my minutes, please let me know). If you are one of the people who have a wp account, do you mind setting up the social widgets? Also, there are a few other pages that we'll have to add.

If you want to give input on the panel letter, you have until two hours after my next draft with the website info (Thanks Michael for the suggestion). After that, I will declare the panel letter open for promotion. Also, if you have contacts with the AFB, Can you send out your promotion (Ashley, I got your NFB question and need to respond real quick).
Thanks

--

Derek Riemer

• Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio

--

Derek Riemer

• Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio