Topics

NFB letter

Ashley Coleman

Hi all,

Here is the updated letter for the NFB.

Dear Federationists:

I am Ashley Coleman, one of the members of the NVDACon Planning Committee. NVDACon is a global conference for the NVDA screen reader. NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) is a free and open source screen reader that allows blind people around the world access to technology at no greater cost than their sited peers. You can find out more about NVDA at http://www.nvaccess.org. The NVDA conference started out in 2014 so that users of the screen reader could connect and talk to other screen reader users around the world. In 2015, a group of community members decided to set up a two weekend global conference that would occur during the tenth anniversary of NVDA. We had several events ranging from how to utilize NVDA for employment of blind people, new technology being developed allowing NVDA to interface with dictation technology, and much more. You can find out about our past conferences at http://nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php. We are currently planning our first ever conference for the North American region.

The conference will be held on September the 16th and 17th and the schedule will be posted in a few weeks on our website, http://nvdacon-us.netne.net/.

Please feel free to share this with your co-workers and members.

Thank you

Ashley Coleman

---

Ashley Coleman

Blinkie Chicks | Social Media Manager

Find us on Twitter:

http://www. Twitter.com/blinkiechicks/

Find us on the web:

http://www.blinkiechicks.com/

derek riemer

Hi:

For some reason, that link doesn't show up as a link with tb. I think it's because there's a . at the end of it. It's probably not gramatically correct, but can you separate the link from the . with either a space, or tell your email client that's a link before sending it?

Thanks. Also, change a few weeks to days, as the conference is in two weeks now, so a few weeks is a bit out of date.

That looks great though.

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Ashley Coleman

Hey all,

Here’s the fix.

The conference will be held on September the 16th and 17th and the schedule will be posted in a few days on our website, http://nvdacon-us.netne.net/.

[...]

Press the big red button!

On 9/3/2016 2:12 PM, Ashley Coleman wrote:

[...]

mind if I copy nearly the same letter for ACB?

On 9/3/2016 3:04 PM, Ashley Coleman wrote:

Done.

---