Topics

Meeting at 9

derek riemer

Sorry, guys:

I've been busy.

Meeting at 9 eastern confirmed. If there's little turn out, we can hold another meeting tomorrow night.

I may ask a few individuals to meet on Wednesday or Thursday night if possible to run through various things (like a mock up of what happens when a speaker gets interrupted by a loud bang from someone's mic, or keynote needs to occur, and what not.

I talked to Scott Thursday, and for this conference, we aren't going nearly as crazy as the keynote last year (We'll safe the cool effects for international keynote). I'll probably just do a short introduction, and maybe inject a clap track (Does anyone think this is too cheesy)? Other than that, we'll pick out timing tonight, and I'll present our (Now back to life) website. Also, we vote on panelists, and pick questions (Of which, the community submitted zero). I'm going to ask each member of the community to have 2 questions to ask each panelist, and we'll pick the top 5 from those, by wednesday night. I'll also send a request for questions to the NVDA lists. Wednesday night, we'll hold a quick (No more than half an hour) meeting to vote on the top 5 questions). If anyone thinks there's a better way to come up with questions, please, let me know. I might try to get backup web hosting (Even if it's just me beefing my server up for the remainder of the conference) in case we experience another outage. If anyone has enough room to run wordpress on an existing server, do you mind contacting me so if we need to setup a backup site, we can?

Thanks.

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

derek riemer

Expect to read panelist overviews (Or listen to me read them).