Topics

Lighthouse letter.

derek riemer

Hello guys:

Lucy: thanks for the intro.

<redacted names since this is a public forum> It's nice to E meet you.

I am Derek Riemer, a student at the university of Colorado Boulder, and the chair of the NVDACon North America and international conference. To give you some background, there are many NVDA conferences, one which is international in scope, and during the summer/fall in north America, we are having regional conferences. The NVDACon international started out in 2014, and this is the first year for NVDACon North America.

Last year at NVDACon International, we hosted several events, related to NVDA, and a keynote from the lead developers of NVDA (Jamie and Mick). As chair of the NVDACon North America, and as of April, chair of NVDACon international, I was brainstorming possible keynote speakers for the North American conference. At our planning meeting on July 16, I brought a vote to the committee to decide on who we should invite for keynote speakers. Since the Lighthouse has shown great interest in NVDA and open source accessibility lately, I thought it might be cool to invite you to be the keynote speaker of NVDACon North America. The committee unanimously voted to invite you guys to be the keynote speaker of our North American conference. Therefore, as chair of the planning committee, I would like to ask if you would be interested in speaking about your vision for NVDA, and for open source accessibility. The conference dates are September 17, and possibly 18 if we have enough sessions to fill both days.
The international conference for NVDA is also interested in establishing relationships with various organizations for the blind, to help promote our conference as a resource for those who are using NVDA. If you are interested in this, please let us know.
---------------------
Please give me feedback on this letter.
Thanks.
--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Hi,

I’d like to suggest:

·         Date: last year -> past few months to minimize confusion.

Other than that, looks fine to me.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

lauracornwell

It looks great  hope to hear from the lighthouse soon.

[...]

It's about to launch.

On 7/18/2016 4:24 PM, lauracornwell wrote:

[...]

Ashley Coleman

Looks good.

---

Ashley Coleman

[...]