Topics

Confirming the date for the planning meeting.

derek riemer

    Hello NVDA enthusiasts:

after receiving the dates that work for the majority of people, as the chair of the NVDACon U.S. conference, I’d like to confirm the date for our planning meeting. The best day looks like Saturday evening (July 17th). All evening can work for me (I’m in mountain daylight time, which is UTC-0600 currently). We are meeting on the NVDA Korea teamtalk server (Same place as the international conference was held). Please announce times that work starting at 3 Pacific (6 Eastern) and 7 Pacific (10 Eastern). If this is too late for people on the east coast, please let me know. I am trying to accommodate people on our list, and allow time for people to have dinner with family, since Saturday evenings are often a time for family to catch up with each other. If we need to have two meetings we can, but for a single region, it shouldn’t be as hard to coordinate a meeting as the international planning meetings are.

Items on the list for planning meetings are:

  • possible sessions, bring a hat full of ideas.
  • Date and time (late August into October at the latest). For this meeting, we only need a date, but having an idea of times would be good as well.
  • promotion :
    • Connections to major blindness organizations, connections with braille display manufacturers, and possible outlets for marketing the conference.
    • possibility of talking to and inviting state and national government agencies who wish to start utilizing NVDA (Maybe we need to plan how to best do this).
    • we need a website and a mission statement might be a good thing to have if we try to get the word out more.
  • Invitation to other north and central American countries, since they are in similar time zones.
  • Any other ideas can be pitched.

Please respond with preferred times. Also, if you have any regrets, please inform us.
Thanks, and I look forward to kicking off NVDACon U.S.

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...

Hi Derek,

I think you meant July 16th

For me, after 4 PM works (I’ll do my best to end the app module session early that day).

For people in Canada and Mexico: if you speak French and/or Spanish, please let your language/national community know about this event and invite them to planning meetings.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

o    Connections to major blindness organizations, connections with braille display manufacturers, and possible outlets for marketing the conference.

o    possibility of talking to and inviting state and national government agencies who wish to start utilizing NVDA (Maybe we need to plan how to best do this).

o    we need a website and a mission statement might be a good thing to have if we try to get the word out more.

·         Invitation to other north and central American countries, since they are in similar time zones.

·         Any other ideas can be pitched.

Please respond with preferred times. Also, if you have any regrets, please inform us.
Thanks, and I look forward to kicking off NVDACon U.S.

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...

Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...>

Hello Derek.
I vote for 10 eastern or even 6 eastern.
But 10 eastern would be better, as i could go out of the room and let Heather sleep that way if she needs to.

Scott
[...]

Honors portfolio <http://derekriemer.com>
Awesome little hand built weather app! <http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/>

email me at derek.riemer@colorado.edu <mailto:derek.riemer@colorado.edu>

lauracornwell

How about 7 CST or later thanks.

[...]

As of now, looks like around 10 eastern time is winning.

On 7/10/2016 10:39 PM, lauracornwell wrote:

[...]

Phone: (303) 906-2194

derek riemer

If 9 eastern works better, that might be easier for some. If noone objects to 10 eastern, then it would better since people can still have dinner with family on the west coast without rushing.

[...]

So about 9 PM CST right?

[...]

Hi,

I think 5 or 6 PM Pacific would work better for many – which means those on the east coast would be accommodated, as well as being a good time for Hawaii and other countries.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

That would be ok too as i could get to bed early.smile. just kidding, i don't give a care about that.. smile
[...]

Well, sleep is overrated anyway right? :-)

email me at derek.riemer@... <mailto:derek.riemer@...>

[...]

yep sure is.smile

Honors portfolio <http://derekriemer.com> <http://derekriemer.com>
Awesome little hand built weather app! <http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/> <http://django.derekriemer.com/weather/>