Topics

ACB letter

derek riemer

Dear members of the ACB:

I am Derek Riemer, the chair of the NVDACon Planning Committee. NVDACon is a global conference for the NVDA screen reader. NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) is a free and open source screen reader that allows blind people around the world access to technology at no greater cost than their sited peers. You can find out more about NVDA at http://www.nvaccess.org. The NVDA conference started out in 2014 so that users of the screen reader could connect and talk to other screen reader users around the world. In 2015, a group of community members decided to set up a two weekend global conference that would occur during the tenth anniversary of NVDA. We had several events ranging from how to utilize NVDA for employment of blind people, new technology being developed allowing NVDA to interface with dictation technology, and much more. You can find out about our past conferences at http://nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php. We are currently planning our first ever conference for the North American region.

The conference will be held on September the 16th and 17th and the schedule will be posted in a few days on our website, http://nvdacon-us.netne.net/.

Please feel free to share this with your co-workers and members.

Thank you

Derek Riemer

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.