Topics

Vote needed, 24 hours left on poll

derek riemer

Hi:
Leonard has offered to give a lightning talk on one of two topics. It looks like we have a available lightning talk slot.
Please vote on the below item.

Do you want Leonard to have a lightning talk, and if so, choose the lightning talk you'd like to see. Note, we had a braille with NVDA session last year by Davy, but an update would still be great. Also, since Leonard works at a screen reader distributer, he is in a unique position to do a screen reader comparison.

Question:
I Think Leonard should do a lightning talk on
A. No talk.
B. NVDA braille support and status.
C. NVDA in comparison to other screen readers in terms of performance and other attributes.

All responses must be sent here, so we can validate that I didn't fudge the results.
Cheers,
Derek

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

Personal website

Shane Davidson <stickbear2016@...>

I vote for option C.
Note that this needs to be an unbias talk even if NVDA isn't presented in the best light on all fronts, we have a duty to say that to our users, even if it's being worked on, certain things may not work well with NVDA as it does with say JAWS.

Shane