Topics

this years NVDACon.

lauracornwell

Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can so
could people please reply back thanks ..

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can so
could people please reply back thanks ..

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

NV Access are certainly keen to continue to champion NVDACon and happy to provide whatever support is needed.  I think this year more than ever, people are looking at what online conferences are around, so I think it should be well received publicly (my completely unscientific opinion).  As it happens I was speaking with one of the presenters from last year who had some notes from her talk.  I was thinking I might share those in perhaps the next In-Process and that might be a good segway into getting people starting to think about the conference.  I just put out In-Process last night, so if we have any thoughts on what we'd like to start to say at this point (just "we're starting to plan this year's NVDACon, start thinking about what you'd like to have included" is fine).

Quentin.

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:
we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
> Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
> say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
> is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
> planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can  so
> could people please reply back thanks ..

austinpinto.xaviers@...
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

ya we should have as fast as possible before things return to normal
so that a large number can come.

wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would
like
say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find
out
is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to
start
planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can
so
could people please reply back thanks ..

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Web: www.nvaccess.org

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

lauracornwell

OK when do we want to have hour first meeting? And one more thing is I am wanting to start working on some of the letters from last year and put 2020 on them would that be ok? Please let me know when you all can thanks.

wrote:

[...]

Hi,
Actually, I think it would be best to let life priorities take precedence. The earliest NVDACon 2020 can be held, assuming that everyone I willing to do it this year, is late fall.

wrote:

[...]

I think it would be great to ask around if folks are willing to help before looking into last year's letters and editing them.

wrote:

[...]

Well if anyone needs help with letters, etc, I'd be happy to do something, just tell me what to do and I'll go and make it happen.

If its just fixing things or reading fan mail or whatever whatever, if you need someone to do stuff I'll gladly help with it.

I have a feeling my physical contracts will not happen this year anyway.

wrote:

[...]

I agree with joseph about life, I have suspended a lot of my online activities and such because of life even though we are mostly through lockdown getting back to normal or as close to it is my top prioritynow.

Saying that, I can probably do a few small to medium jobs round the place.

wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would
like
say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find
out
is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to
start
planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can
so
could people please reply back thanks ..

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Minako Nonogaki

Good afternoon.
I would like to do something if I can do.
But I was not good enough to speak in English so I'm afraid I can do few things.
I'm now practicing English conversation online 30 minutes everyday.
Minako Nonogaki (from Japan utc +9)

2020年5月27日(水) 13:56 Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...>:

I agree with joseph about life, I have suspended a lot of my online
activities and such because of life even though we are mostly through
lockdown getting back to normal or as close to it is my top prioritynow.

Saying that, I can probably do a few small to medium jobs round the place.

On 27/05/2020 3:04 pm, Austin Pinto wrote:
> ya we should have as fast as possible before things return to normal
> so that a large number can come.
>
> On 5/27/20, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> NV Access are certainly keen to continue to champion NVDACon and happy to
>> provide whatever support is needed.  I think this year more than ever,
>> people are looking at what online conferences are around, so I think it
>> should be well received publicly (my completely unscientific opinion).  As
>> it happens I was speaking with one of the presenters from last year who had
>> some notes from her talk.  I was thinking I might share those in perhaps
>> the next In-Process and that might be a good segway into getting people
>> starting to think about the conference.  I just put out In-Process last
>> night, so if we have any thoughts on what we'd like to start to say at this
>> point (just "we're starting to plan this year's NVDACon, start thinking
>> about what you'd like to have included" is fine).
>>
>> Quentin.
>>
>> On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Austin Pinto
>> <austinpinto.xaviers@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

>>> out
>>> start
>>> so
>>>>

>>> --
>>> search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
>>> austinpinto.xaviers@...
>>> follow me on twitter.
>>> austinmpinto
>>> contact me on skype.
>>> austin.pinto3
>>>

>> --
>> Quentin Christensen
>> Training and Support Manager
>>
>> Web: www.nvaccess.org
>> Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>> Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
>> User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
>> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
>> Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

Adriani Botez

Dear Quentin and all,

as for me, I have already written that currently my job takes alot of my ressources and currently I also have some other priorities this year. I would be glad to help out as much as I can for NVDACon, but someone else might take the lead here.

I have already written this at the beginning of the year, but sofar we didn’t get any applications for the co-chair position sofar unfortunately.

Currently there is a good infrastructure in place on Google drive as follows:

  • A promo sheet with many addresses (social media channels, mailing lists, radio stations etc) where NVDACon could be promoted
  • A spreadsheet with a time frame for sessions, ready to go. Only session name, description and author need to be adjusted accordingly. I think Derek even used his super skills and improved this and linked it with the website so that timehzones are considered automatically. The spreadsheet itself is in UTC
  • Standards for audio editing in case anything needs to be uploaded
  • Agendas and notes from previous NVDACon organizational meetings to see what was discussed.

The only thing we need are moderators and promoters. I am happy to manage the email address info@... and respond to queeries etc. But I will not be able to do the promo job and the organizational stuff like writing to presenters etc this time.

So happy to see some interested people who are motivated to take the lead here. I certainly would give some guidance and support where needed.

NV Access are certainly keen to continue to champion NVDACon and happy to provide whatever support is needed.  I think this year more than ever, people are looking at what online conferences are around, so I think it should be well received publicly (my completely unscientific opinion).  As it happens I was speaking with one of the presenters from last year who had some notes from her talk.  I was thinking I might share those in perhaps the next In-Process and that might be a good segway into getting people starting to think about the conference.  I just put out In-Process last night, so if we have any thoughts on what we'd like to start to say at this point (just "we're starting to plan this year's NVDACon, start thinking about what you'd like to have included" is fine).

Quentin.

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
> Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
> say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
> is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
> planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can  so
> could people please reply back thanks ..

austinpinto.xaviers@...
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Well, I can take the Co-Chair if no one else can be beaten to it.

Isn't there an anniversary this year as well?
Robert

the email address info@... <mailto:info@...> and respond to

<mailto:lauracornwell1@...> > wrote:
Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like
say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find
out
is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to
start
planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can
so
could people please reply back thanks ..

@austin <mailto:@austin>
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Well its interesting you should mention utc, is there a good timezone converter I need a small tool to convert times I put into it to my local timezone because I have a beta contract in june and the thing is online, I signed up knowing that is the case but I need an easy way to convert on the fly.

I know I can do this online but is there anything faster than that.

On 28/05/2020 8:19 am, Adriani Botez wrote:

> [...]

Quentin.

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
> Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
> say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
> is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
> planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can  so
> could people please reply back thanks ..

No, as far as I know first NVDACon was in 2012, so 10 years anniversary in 2022.

That would be great Robert. AS I said, I can support you if needed and I am sure Derek as well.

But I think first of all we need enough people for moderations and promotions. Otherwise it will be a hard job. Last time I slept two hours or so in the whole weekend :-) but was a great experience.

I think Pascal and Jesse were last time also very engaged, so we might contact them as well.

manage the email address info@... <mailto:info@...>

<@austin <mailto:@austin>
wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...
<mailto:lauracornwell1@...> > wrote:
Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would
like to say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am
wanting to find out is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are
when are we going to start planning for it? I would like to start
working on it as soon as we can so could people please reply back
thanks ..

@austin <mailto:@austin>
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Adriani Botez

There is an NVDA addon for that, check this:

https://github.com/munawarb/NVDA-Time-Zoner

NV Access are certainly keen to continue to champion NVDACon and happy to provide whatever support is needed.  I think this year more than ever, people are looking at what online conferences are around, so I think it should be well received publicly (my completely unscientific opinion).  As it happens I was speaking with one of the presenters from last year who had some notes from her talk.  I was thinking I might share those in perhaps the next In-Process and that might be a good segway into getting people starting to think about the conference.  I just put out In-Process last night, so if we have any thoughts on what we'd like to start to say at this point (just "we're starting to plan this year's NVDACon, start thinking about what you'd like to have included" is fine).

Quentin.

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
> Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
> say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
> is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
> planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can  so
> could people please reply back thanks ..

austinpinto.xaviers@...
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Due to timezone I can't take any active speaking role but if there is something people want me to do in the background I could take a supporting role.

Just remember my timezone is back to front, so I may be half to a full day almost behind so while that can be an advantage I can probably do any paperwork or assistance with some of it anyway.

<mailto:@austin> > wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...
<mailto:lauracornwell1@...> > wrote:
Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like
say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find
out
is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to
start
planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can
so
could people please reply back thanks ..

@austin <mailto:@austin>
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Hmmm of course, is that on the main nvda community page, forgot about that, I'll go and install it.

On 28/05/2020 8:42 am, Adriani Botez wrote:

There is an NVDA addon for that, check this:

https://github.com/munawarb/NVDA-Time-Zoner

NV Access are certainly keen to continue to champion NVDACon and happy to provide whatever support is needed.  I think this year more than ever, people are looking at what online conferences are around, so I think it should be well received publicly (my completely unscientific opinion).  As it happens I was speaking with one of the presenters from last year who had some notes from her talk.  I was thinking I might share those in perhaps the next In-Process and that might be a good segway into getting people starting to think about the conference.  I just put out In-Process last night, so if we have any thoughts on what we'd like to start to say at this point (just "we're starting to plan this year's NVDACon, start thinking about what you'd like to have included" is fine).

Quentin.

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
> Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
> say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
> is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
> planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can  so
> could people please reply back thanks ..

austinpinto.xaviers@...
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Adriani Botez

Not yet, not sure if the author applied for basic review. You can write him maybe.

NV Access are certainly keen to continue to champion NVDACon and happy to provide whatever support is needed.  I think this year more than ever, people are looking at what online conferences are around, so I think it should be well received publicly (my completely unscientific opinion).  As it happens I was speaking with one of the presenters from last year who had some notes from her talk.  I was thinking I might share those in perhaps the next In-Process and that might be a good segway into getting people starting to think about the conference.  I just put out In-Process last night, so if we have any thoughts on what we'd like to start to say at this point (just "we're starting to plan this year's NVDACon, start thinking about what you'd like to have included" is fine).

Quentin.

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
> Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
> say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
> is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
> planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can  so
> could people please reply back thanks ..

austinpinto.xaviers@...
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

NVDACon (at least the international version) began in 2014.
I'm willing to provide guidance on organizing this, provided that the community really wants this and people are willing to help once they are ready. Still, I advise holding off until people are mentally ready (chairing and organizing a virtual meeting requires commitment, which also involves mental work).

wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...
<mailto:lauracornwell1@...> > wrote:
Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would
like to say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am
wanting to find out is are we having NVDACon this year and if we
are when are we going to start planning for it? I would like to
start working on it as soon as we can so could people please reply
back thanks ..

@austin <mailto:@austin>
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Adriani Botez

Well, in this case Robert has allways helped alot during last two NVDACons and I am quite sure he is currently one of the best people to take the lead. He knows all the process also because he is already in the perpetual group since longer time now.

But I think Joseph everyone of us who organized NVDACon can provide support where needed. You of course more than most of us due to your year long experience.