Topics

Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Hi,

I see. How about the second meeting later that day (17:00 UTC or 7 PM your time)?

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:20 AM
To: Lucy Greco <lgreco@...>; Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; NVDACon@groups.io; James Teh <jamie@...>; Michael Curran <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; Fernando Botelho <Fernando.Botelho@...>; Dinesh Kaushal <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; bala9119 <bala9119@...>; Jeff Bishop <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

I won't be able to make it. It's gonna be 3 AM in the morning, and I won't be making any phone calls or the like at this hour.

 

Marco

 

 

Am 06.04.2016 um 23:13 schrieb Lucy Greco:

i will be able to atend this at  6 pdt tomoro lucy


Lucia Greco
Web Accessibility Evangelist
IST - Architecture, Platforms, and Integration
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
Follow me on twitter @accessaces

 

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...> wrote:

Hi all,

 

I am on a job related trip so may be unable to join. However, Lucy may be able to join so that should take care of the scheduling and negotiation.

 

Pranav

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 1:00 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Cc: 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; marco.zehe@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Dear NVDACon members, NVDA community, NVDACon presenters, supporters and others,

 

First, thank you all for your continued enthusiasm over NVDACon 2016. What started out as a simple suggestion resulted in the largest gathering of NVDA developers, users, presenters and others. As of April 3, 2016 (less than three weeks to go), our full session slots are full, one more spot for lightning talk is left (hopefully to be filled by a speech synthesizer developer), sent out the first promotion and the conference site preparation is nearly finished.

 

To give you a status report on conference preparations, to let our presenters give an overview of their talk, and to answer last minute questions and to schedule various presentations, I’d like to request holding our speakers luncheon on April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific (01:00 UTC on April 8th). This meeting will be held at the actual conference site (NVDA Korea TeamTalk Server at nvda-kr.org). The meeting time is quite unusual – this is a necessity given that presenters live in different time zones. A follow-up meeting might be held on the 8th (around 10 AM Pacific or 17:00 UTC) for those who couldn’t make it.

 

The agenda for this meeting is as follows:

 

·         Presenter and topic introductions.

·         Answering last minute questions.

·         Testing audio and channel setup (for this reason, please come with a microphone).

·         Broadcast facility tests (mostly for Jeff Bishop and other broadcasters).

·         Running a “mini” session so people can get an idea as to how presentations will be held and to become familiar with operator controls.

·         Conference talk scheduling (keynote, full sessions, negotiation between lightning talk presenters).

·         Post-conference events and other anniversary events.

 

Attendance:

 

·         NVDACon chair (me): mandatory.

·         Presenters: highly recommended.

·         Broadcasters: highly recommended.

·         NVDACon members: highly recommended.

·         Other members of the NVDA community: recommended.

·         Future would-be presenters: recommended.

·         Future would-be organizers of NVDACon International or regional gatherings: recommended.

 

For the last two categories, this is mostly for the benefit of future conference organizers so they can get a head start. Also, this meeting is open to NVDA community members (users, developers and supporters around the world) so they can get a chance to voice their opinions and to learn how NVDACon was organized.

 

Thanks, and hope to see you all at the speakers luncheon on the 7th (hopefully).

Sincerely,

Joseph

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Marco,

Done. Davy Kager (LibLouis contributor) was also worried about time zones, hence I’ve decided to hold a second meeting. Once both meetings are over, I’ll announce the final schedule.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:22 AM
To: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

That should work.

 

 

Am 07.04.2016 um 19:45 schrieb Joseph Lee:

Hi,

I see. How about the second meeting later that day (17:00 UTC or 7 PM your time)?

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:20 AM
To: Lucy Greco <lgreco@...>; Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; NVDACon@groups.io; James Teh <jamie@...>; Michael Curran <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; Fernando Botelho <Fernando.Botelho@...>; Dinesh Kaushal <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; bala9119 <bala9119@...>; Jeff Bishop <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

I won't be able to make it. It's gonna be 3 AM in the morning, and I won't be making any phone calls or the like at this hour.

 

Marco

 

 

Am 06.04.2016 um 23:13 schrieb Lucy Greco:

i will be able to atend this at  6 pdt tomoro lucy


Lucia Greco
Web Accessibility Evangelist
IST - Architecture, Platforms, and Integration
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
Follow me on twitter @accessaces

 

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...> wrote:

Hi all,

 

I am on a job related trip so may be unable to join. However, Lucy may be able to join so that should take care of the scheduling and negotiation.

 

Pranav

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 1:00 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Cc: 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; marco.zehe@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Dear NVDACon members, NVDA community, NVDACon presenters, supporters and others,

 

First, thank you all for your continued enthusiasm over NVDACon 2016. What started out as a simple suggestion resulted in the largest gathering of NVDA developers, users, presenters and others. As of April 3, 2016 (less than three weeks to go), our full session slots are full, one more spot for lightning talk is left (hopefully to be filled by a speech synthesizer developer), sent out the first promotion and the conference site preparation is nearly finished.

 

To give you a status report on conference preparations, to let our presenters give an overview of their talk, and to answer last minute questions and to schedule various presentations, I’d like to request holding our speakers luncheon on April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific (01:00 UTC on April 8th). This meeting will be held at the actual conference site (NVDA Korea TeamTalk Server at nvda-kr.org). The meeting time is quite unusual – this is a necessity given that presenters live in different time zones. A follow-up meeting might be held on the 8th (around 10 AM Pacific or 17:00 UTC) for those who couldn’t make it.

 

The agenda for this meeting is as follows:

 

·         Presenter and topic introductions.

·         Answering last minute questions.

·         Testing audio and channel setup (for this reason, please come with a microphone).

·         Broadcast facility tests (mostly for Jeff Bishop and other broadcasters).

·         Running a “mini” session so people can get an idea as to how presentations will be held and to become familiar with operator controls.

·         Conference talk scheduling (keynote, full sessions, negotiation between lightning talk presenters).

·         Post-conference events and other anniversary events.

 

Attendance:

 

·         NVDACon chair (me): mandatory.

·         Presenters: highly recommended.

·         Broadcasters: highly recommended.

·         NVDACon members: highly recommended.

·         Other members of the NVDA community: recommended.

·         Future would-be presenters: recommended.

·         Future would-be organizers of NVDACon International or regional gatherings: recommended.

 

For the last two categories, this is mostly for the benefit of future conference organizers so they can get a head start. Also, this meeting is open to NVDA community members (users, developers and supporters around the world) so they can get a chance to voice their opinions and to learn how NVDACon was organized.

 

Thanks, and hope to see you all at the speakers luncheon on the 7th (hopefully).

Sincerely,

Joseph

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi,

 

Yes, talking at 3 AM (CEST) wasn’t an option here, either. The second meeting should be fine.

 

Davy

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 20:24
To: 'Marco Zehe' <marco.zehe@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: RE: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Hi Marco,

Done. Davy Kager (LibLouis contributor) was also worried about time zones, hence I’ve decided to hold a second meeting. Once both meetings are over, I’ll announce the final schedule.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:22 AM
To: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

That should work.

 

 

Am 07.04.2016 um 19:45 schrieb Joseph Lee:

Hi,

I see. How about the second meeting later that day (17:00 UTC or 7 PM your time)?

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:20 AM
To: Lucy Greco <lgreco@...>; Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; NVDACon@groups.io; James Teh <jamie@...>; Michael Curran <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; Fernando Botelho <Fernando.Botelho@...>; Dinesh Kaushal <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; bala9119 <bala9119@...>; Jeff Bishop <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

I won't be able to make it. It's gonna be 3 AM in the morning, and I won't be making any phone calls or the like at this hour.

 

Marco

 

 

Am 06.04.2016 um 23:13 schrieb Lucy Greco:

i will be able to atend this at  6 pdt tomoro lucy


Lucia Greco
Web Accessibility Evangelist
IST - Architecture, Platforms, and Integration
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
Follow me on twitter @accessaces

 

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...> wrote:

Hi all,

 

I am on a job related trip so may be unable to join. However, Lucy may be able to join so that should take care of the scheduling and negotiation.

 

Pranav

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 1:00 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Cc: 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; marco.zehe@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Dear NVDACon members, NVDA community, NVDACon presenters, supporters and others,

 

First, thank you all for your continued enthusiasm over NVDACon 2016. What started out as a simple suggestion resulted in the largest gathering of NVDA developers, users, presenters and others. As of April 3, 2016 (less than three weeks to go), our full session slots are full, one more spot for lightning talk is left (hopefully to be filled by a speech synthesizer developer), sent out the first promotion and the conference site preparation is nearly finished.

 

To give you a status report on conference preparations, to let our presenters give an overview of their talk, and to answer last minute questions and to schedule various presentations, I’d like to request holding our speakers luncheon on April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific (01:00 UTC on April 8th). This meeting will be held at the actual conference site (NVDA Korea TeamTalk Server at nvda-kr.org). The meeting time is quite unusual – this is a necessity given that presenters live in different time zones. A follow-up meeting might be held on the 8th (around 10 AM Pacific or 17:00 UTC) for those who couldn’t make it.

 

The agenda for this meeting is as follows:

 

·         Presenter and topic introductions.

·         Answering last minute questions.

·         Testing audio and channel setup (for this reason, please come with a microphone).

·         Broadcast facility tests (mostly for Jeff Bishop and other broadcasters).

·         Running a “mini” session so people can get an idea as to how presentations will be held and to become familiar with operator controls.

·         Conference talk scheduling (keynote, full sessions, negotiation between lightning talk presenters).

·         Post-conference events and other anniversary events.

 

Attendance:

 

·         NVDACon chair (me): mandatory.

·         Presenters: highly recommended.

·         Broadcasters: highly recommended.

·         NVDACon members: highly recommended.

·         Other members of the NVDA community: recommended.

·         Future would-be presenters: recommended.

·         Future would-be organizers of NVDACon International or regional gatherings: recommended.

 

For the last two categories, this is mostly for the benefit of future conference organizers so they can get a head start. Also, this meeting is open to NVDA community members (users, developers and supporters around the world) so they can get a chance to voice their opinions and to learn how NVDACon was organized.

 

Thanks, and hope to see you all at the speakers luncheon on the 7th (hopefully).

Sincerely,

Joseph

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi,

Try nvda-kr.org, with TCP and UDP ports set to 10333.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Lucy Greco [mailto:lgreco@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:47 PM
To: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; James Teh <jamie@...>; Michael Curran <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; Fernando Botelho <Fernando.Botelho@...>; Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>; Dinesh Kaushal <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; Marco Zehe <marco.zehe@...>; Kelly Ford <kelly@...>; bala9119 <bala9119@...>; Jeff Bishop <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

hello: trying to log in to the meeting could you send details of how to set up team talk to conect it is failling with that server address


Lucia Greco
Web Accessibility Evangelist
IST - Architecture, Platforms, and Integration
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
Follow me on twitter @accessaces

 

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 12:30 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Dear NVDACon members, NVDA community, NVDACon presenters, supporters and others,

 

First, thank you all for your continued enthusiasm over NVDACon 2016. What started out as a simple suggestion resulted in the largest gathering of NVDA developers, users, presenters and others. As of April 3, 2016 (less than three weeks to go), our full session slots are full, one more spot for lightning talk is left (hopefully to be filled by a speech synthesizer developer), sent out the first promotion and the conference site preparation is nearly finished.

 

To give you a status report on conference preparations, to let our presenters give an overview of their talk, and to answer last minute questions and to schedule various presentations, I’d like to request holding our speakers luncheon on April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific (01:00 UTC on April 8th). This meeting will be held at the actual conference site (NVDA Korea TeamTalk Server at nvda-kr.org). The meeting time is quite unusual – this is a necessity given that presenters live in different time zones. A follow-up meeting might be held on the 8th (around 10 AM Pacific or 17:00 UTC) for those who couldn’t make it.

 

The agenda for this meeting is as follows:

 

·         Presenter and topic introductions.

·         Answering last minute questions.

·         Testing audio and channel setup (for this reason, please come with a microphone).

·         Broadcast facility tests (mostly for Jeff Bishop and other broadcasters).

·         Running a “mini” session so people can get an idea as to how presentations will be held and to become familiar with operator controls.

·         Conference talk scheduling (keynote, full sessions, negotiation between lightning talk presenters).

·         Post-conference events and other anniversary events.

 

Attendance:

 

·         NVDACon chair (me): mandatory.

·         Presenters: highly recommended.

·         Broadcasters: highly recommended.

·         NVDACon members: highly recommended.

·         Other members of the NVDA community: recommended.

·         Future would-be presenters: recommended.

·         Future would-be organizers of NVDACon International or regional gatherings: recommended.

 

For the last two categories, this is mostly for the benefit of future conference organizers so they can get a head start. Also, this meeting is open to NVDA community members (users, developers and supporters around the world) so they can get a chance to voice their opinions and to learn how NVDACon was organized.

 

Thanks, and hope to see you all at the speakers luncheon on the 7th (hopefully).

Sincerely,

Joseph

 

 

 

 

Hi,

I have a slot for you: if you are doing a full session (about an hour), are you interested in doing it on April 29th at 15:00 UTC (8:30 PM India)? Also, let me know if you are still interested in coming to TeamTalk server to test microphone and so on.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Dinesh Kaushal [mailto:dkaushal@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:25 PM
To: Davy Kager <mail@...>; 'Joseph Lee' <joseph.lee22590@...>; 'Marco Zehe' <marco.zehe@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: RE: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

I would also attend the second meeting.

 

Best

Dinesh

Mobile: +919718328272

"ACTIVELY SURVIVE OR PASSIVELY DIE" --Ori Hofmekler

 

From: Davy Kager [mailto:mail@...]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 12:14 AM
To: 'Joseph Lee'; 'Marco Zehe'; 'Lucy Greco'; 'Pranav Lal'
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh'; 'Michael Curran'; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho'; Dinesh Kaushal; kelly@...; 'bala9119'; 'Jeff Bishop'
Subject: RE: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Hi,

 

Yes, talking at 3 AM (CEST) wasn’t an option here, either. The second meeting should be fine.

 

Davy

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 20:24
To: 'Marco Zehe' <marco.zehe@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: RE: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Hi Marco,

Done. Davy Kager (LibLouis contributor) was also worried about time zones, hence I’ve decided to hold a second meeting. Once both meetings are over, I’ll announce the final schedule.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:22 AM
To: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

That should work.

 

 

Am 07.04.2016 um 19:45 schrieb Joseph Lee:

Hi,

I see. How about the second meeting later that day (17:00 UTC or 7 PM your time)?

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:20 AM
To: Lucy Greco <lgreco@...>; Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; NVDACon@groups.io; James Teh <jamie@...>; Michael Curran <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; Fernando Botelho <Fernando.Botelho@...>; Dinesh Kaushal <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; bala9119 <bala9119@...>; Jeff Bishop <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

I won't be able to make it. It's gonna be 3 AM in the morning, and I won't be making any phone calls or the like at this hour.

 

Marco

 

 

Am 06.04.2016 um 23:13 schrieb Lucy Greco:

i will be able to atend this at  6 pdt tomoro lucy


Lucia Greco
Web Accessibility Evangelist
IST - Architecture, Platforms, and Integration
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
Follow me on twitter @accessaces

 

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...> wrote:

Hi all,

 

I am on a job related trip so may be unable to join. However, Lucy may be able to join so that should take care of the scheduling and negotiation.

 

Pranav

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 1:00 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Cc: 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; marco.zehe@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Dear NVDACon members, NVDA community, NVDACon presenters, supporters and others,

 

First, thank you all for your continued enthusiasm over NVDACon 2016. What started out as a simple suggestion resulted in the largest gathering of NVDA developers, users, presenters and others. As of April 3, 2016 (less than three weeks to go), our full session slots are full, one more spot for lightning talk is left (hopefully to be filled by a speech synthesizer developer), sent out the first promotion and the conference site preparation is nearly finished.

 

To give you a status report on conference preparations, to let our presenters give an overview of their talk, and to answer last minute questions and to schedule various presentations, I’d like to request holding our speakers luncheon on April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific (01:00 UTC on April 8th). This meeting will be held at the actual conference site (NVDA Korea TeamTalk Server at nvda-kr.org). The meeting time is quite unusual – this is a necessity given that presenters live in different time zones. A follow-up meeting might be held on the 8th (around 10 AM Pacific or 17:00 UTC) for those who couldn’t make it.

 

The agenda for this meeting is as follows:

 

·         Presenter and topic introductions.

·         Answering last minute questions.

·         Testing audio and channel setup (for this reason, please come with a microphone).

·         Broadcast facility tests (mostly for Jeff Bishop and other broadcasters).

·         Running a “mini” session so people can get an idea as to how presentations will be held and to become familiar with operator controls.

·         Conference talk scheduling (keynote, full sessions, negotiation between lightning talk presenters).

·         Post-conference events and other anniversary events.

 

Attendance:

 

·         NVDACon chair (me): mandatory.

·         Presenters: highly recommended.

·         Broadcasters: highly recommended.

·         NVDACon members: highly recommended.

·         Other members of the NVDA community: recommended.

·         Future would-be presenters: recommended.

·         Future would-be organizers of NVDACon International or regional gatherings: recommended.

 

For the last two categories, this is mostly for the benefit of future conference organizers so they can get a head start. Also, this meeting is open to NVDA community members (users, developers and supporters around the world) so they can get a chance to voice their opinions and to learn how NVDACon was organized.

 

Thanks, and hope to see you all at the speakers luncheon on the 7th (hopefully).

Sincerely,

Joseph

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi all,

This is meant for NVDA India team.

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Friday, April 8, 2016 2:38 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Hi,

I have a slot for you: if you are doing a full session (about an hour), are you interested in doing it on April 29th at 15:00 UTC (8:30 PM India)? Also, let me know if you are still interested in coming to TeamTalk server to test microphone and so on.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Dinesh Kaushal [mailto:dkaushal@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:25 PM
To: Davy Kager <mail@...>; 'Joseph Lee' <joseph.lee22590@...>; 'Marco Zehe' <marco.zehe@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: RE: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

I would also attend the second meeting.

 

Best

Dinesh

Mobile: +919718328272

"ACTIVELY SURVIVE OR PASSIVELY DIE" --Ori Hofmekler

 

From: Davy Kager [mailto:mail@...]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 12:14 AM
To: 'Joseph Lee'; 'Marco Zehe'; 'Lucy Greco'; 'Pranav Lal'
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh'; 'Michael Curran'; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho'; Dinesh Kaushal; kelly@...; 'bala9119'; 'Jeff Bishop'
Subject: RE: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Hi,

 

Yes, talking at 3 AM (CEST) wasn’t an option here, either. The second meeting should be fine.

 

Davy

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 20:24
To: 'Marco Zehe' <marco.zehe@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: RE: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Hi Marco,

Done. Davy Kager (LibLouis contributor) was also worried about time zones, hence I’ve decided to hold a second meeting. Once both meetings are over, I’ll announce the final schedule.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:22 AM
To: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: NVDACon@groups.io; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

That should work.

 

 

Am 07.04.2016 um 19:45 schrieb Joseph Lee:

Hi,

I see. How about the second meeting later that day (17:00 UTC or 7 PM your time)?

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: Marco Zehe [mailto:marco.zehe@...]
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:20 AM
To: Lucy Greco <lgreco@...>; Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...>
Cc: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>; NVDACon@groups.io; James Teh <jamie@...>; Michael Curran <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; Fernando Botelho <Fernando.Botelho@...>; Dinesh Kaushal <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; kelly@...; bala9119 <bala9119@...>; Jeff Bishop <jeff@...>
Subject: Re: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

I won't be able to make it. It's gonna be 3 AM in the morning, and I won't be making any phone calls or the like at this hour.

 

Marco

 

 

Am 06.04.2016 um 23:13 schrieb Lucy Greco:

i will be able to atend this at  6 pdt tomoro lucy


Lucia Greco
Web Accessibility Evangelist
IST - Architecture, Platforms, and Integration
University of California, Berkeley
(510) 289-6008 skype: lucia1-greco
http://webaccess.berkeley.edu
Follow me on twitter @accessaces

 

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@...> wrote:

Hi all,

 

I am on a job related trip so may be unable to join. However, Lucy may be able to join so that should take care of the scheduling and negotiation.

 

Pranav

 

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2016 1:00 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Cc: 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>; dwilliamsuk@...; 'Fernando Botelho' <Fernando.Botelho@...>; 'Pranav Lal' <pranav.lal@...>; 'Lucy Greco' <lgreco@...>; 'Dinesh Kaushal' <dkaushal@...>; mail@...; marco.zehe@...; kelly@...; 'bala9119' <bala9119@...>; 'Jeff Bishop' <jeff@...>
Subject: Speakers luncheon: April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific?

 

Dear NVDACon members, NVDA community, NVDACon presenters, supporters and others,

 

First, thank you all for your continued enthusiasm over NVDACon 2016. What started out as a simple suggestion resulted in the largest gathering of NVDA developers, users, presenters and others. As of April 3, 2016 (less than three weeks to go), our full session slots are full, one more spot for lightning talk is left (hopefully to be filled by a speech synthesizer developer), sent out the first promotion and the conference site preparation is nearly finished.

 

To give you a status report on conference preparations, to let our presenters give an overview of their talk, and to answer last minute questions and to schedule various presentations, I’d like to request holding our speakers luncheon on April 7, 2016 at 6 PM Pacific (01:00 UTC on April 8th). This meeting will be held at the actual conference site (NVDA Korea TeamTalk Server at nvda-kr.org). The meeting time is quite unusual – this is a necessity given that presenters live in different time zones. A follow-up meeting might be held on the 8th (around 10 AM Pacific or 17:00 UTC) for those who couldn’t make it.

 

The agenda for this meeting is as follows:

 

·         Presenter and topic introductions.

·         Answering last minute questions.

·         Testing audio and channel setup (for this reason, please come with a microphone).

·         Broadcast facility tests (mostly for Jeff Bishop and other broadcasters).

·         Running a “mini” session so people can get an idea as to how presentations will be held and to become familiar with operator controls.

·         Conference talk scheduling (keynote, full sessions, negotiation between lightning talk presenters).

·         Post-conference events and other anniversary events.

 

Attendance:

 

·         NVDACon chair (me): mandatory.

·         Presenters: highly recommended.

·         Broadcasters: highly recommended.

·         NVDACon members: highly recommended.

·         Other members of the NVDA community: recommended.

·         Future would-be presenters: recommended.

·         Future would-be organizers of NVDACon International or regional gatherings: recommended.

 

For the last two categories, this is mostly for the benefit of future conference organizers so they can get a head start. Also, this meeting is open to NVDA community members (users, developers and supporters around the world) so they can get a chance to voice their opinions and to learn how NVDACon was organized.

 

Thanks, and hope to see you all at the speakers luncheon on the 7th (hopefully).

Sincerely,

Joseph