Some announcements

derek riemer

Hi all:
I know many here are aware but I wanted to make an official announcement. I have taken over the chair of the conference for the remainder of the year after careful discussion between many members of the committee, for several reasons that are highly complicated. I am happy to work with anyone and everyone in this committee to plan the best conference possible for this year, and personally want to thank Robert for everything he has done for this organization. Basically, pulling this off in the time we have remaining before the conference is difficult and is going to require careful planning.
Our save the date letter is well under way, and is in the 2021 folder in the NVDACon google drive folder. If anyone needs access, email that request to info@... and a member of the leadership will add you to that folder.
For our meeting this weekend, I unfortunately will be out of cell range for personal reasons. We have a couple of options to make sure we get what needs done completed.
  • I can meet with a couple of groups after 03:00 UTC, or on Monday after 23:00 UTC, or would be happy to organize this weeks events over email.
  • We can also hold a meeting in a week from Sunday as well.
  • Any leads who would like to hold a meeting on Sunday can do so, I unfortunately will be in a car in the mountains going through terrain with spotty cell coverage.
Thanks for everyones understanding, and have a great evening!
Thanks,
Derek