Topics

Radio Promo (CFT) 2020


Robert Hänggi
 

Here's the download link for the radio promotion.
https://www.dropbox.com/t/DNO0mTA4wTYZitP1
(valid for 6 days)
Cheers
Robert

On 26/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin, I have to figure out how to download the file.
Yes, png files are adaptable so it can be resized to a certain degree
that's why the 200x200 works.
I think we should also have some logo for NVDACon itself.
I thought about using a cube with three visible sides.
The NVDA Logo in the left bottom side, the users on the right (or a
globe that represents them) and perhaps something that stands for the
developers on the top with NVDACon engraved into it. Optionally, the
year could be engraved into the right pane.
Those are the moments when I miss my sight most.
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there,
To all this is just a friendly reminder that a meeting will be held at
1aM
UTc and 8 Am quintens time for those of us who are in the Us 7est 6cst
5
4 Pt on this group this is just a friendly reminder that -----Original
Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:14 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Thanks Laura.
Am I not a fortunate sun, I can edit out all my mistakes and stumblers.
Heck, I could make me sound as if I were running for President. 🤣
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin but this will take longer than that. It will eventually
passed on to their own editor to finalize with e.g. intro sounds etc.
It wouldn't be fair to upload our own version, I reckon.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
It was fun thanks for doing this with me you did a great job tonight.



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Quentin
Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 8:33 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thank you Robert! I'm working on an In-Process edition today, probably
to
publish tomorrow (say within about 24 hours from now) - if that fits
within
your editing window I'd love to include a link to today's interview.
otherwise, don't stress, it will be there for the next edition :)



On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> > wrote:

Hi Quentin.
Laura and I just gave an interview for "Blind Abilities".
I have to edit that first - God only knows how it came about that I
was volunteered to that, probably the impact of too much coffee in the
early hours :D.
Certainly something that can be linked to as soon as it is up on their
website.
I think it is very important to include something from the Japanese
community in order to show our respect, appreciation and thankfulness
for their contributions.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
Thanks Robert! Don't feel pressured to update that other file, I just
thought it might be a good one. If you do I will use it, but there
are
plenty of others which would also be useful :)

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:58 PM Robert Hänggi
<aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> >
wrote:

Quentin, I'm normally very fastidious in my edits. This one was
unfortunately not done by me.
I remember doing the one a year earlier and it was about 10 minutes
shorter than the original recording with over 200 single gaps that
I've removed or truncated.
I can edit the file until the next in-process.

I hope Minako and her team has another interesting presentation for
us
this year.
Cheers
Robert

On 21/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
My only worry with your talk was it is a bit disjointed with pauses
at
the
start, when we are using it essentially as an advertisement to say
"Come
to
NVDACon, hear talks like these and feel invited to contribute one
yourself", for a first time listener, particularly as I know many
people
are fussy with their audio (note, I'm not criticising the content
at
all!). If we have someone who can do it (not necessarily
retrospectively,
but going forward) - is it worth trying to edit the recordings a
bit
more
in future? Not to change anything, just to take out long pauses,
etc?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 6:46 PM Minako Nonogaki <
minakonono3519@... <mailto:minakonono3519@...> >
wrote:

Thank you for mentioning our lightning talk, we are very glad.
I'm also glad if someone will feel that lightning talk with
interpretaion
is extention of opportunity.
Minako Nonogaki

2020年10月21日(水) 9:53 Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> >:

I'm thinking I might link to Tony's lightning talk on Sentence
Nav
and
Indent Nav from 2018: https://www.nvdacon.org/18snin - I thought
having
an add-on developer talk about their work might be useful to
encourage
more
add-on developers.

I was thinking "NVDA at work -support and help desk (Presenter:
Tetsuro
Kane, translated by Minako Nonogaki" sounds like a good one as a
user
talking about how they use NVDA, although the start at least is
quite
awkward and full of pauses.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:27 AM derek riemer <
driemer.riemer@... <mailto:driemer.riemer@...> >
wrote:

The 2016 keynote is the first one to come to mind, followed by
Tony's
add-on talks and Deborah's language talk last year, followed by
are
the
non-code contributions getting started that were done back in I
believe
2016 or 2017. unfortunately the Google app session listed above
did
not
have a recording due to technical glitches. That was way back
when
we
were
base smaller and we're still trying to figure out how to do all
the
recording stuff.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 6:24 PM derek riemer via groups.io
<http://groups.io>
<driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io <mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>
wrote:

If you can remind everyone to submit topics and link to our
call
for
topics letter that would be great. Besides that I don't think
there
is
anything needed at the moment.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 9:27 AM lauracornwell <
lauracornwell1@... <mailto:lauracornwell1@...> >
wrote:

One of my favorite parts of past NVDACon was my first one back
in
2015
and my first keynote that I heard from mike he did a good
job.
-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:15 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Hi,
What I envision is a teaser about NVDACon in the next few
In-Process
blog posts through a section that describes some of the
highlights
from the
past. Of course it should not be done in every blog post as it
can
turn off
some audiences, but an occasional teaser may heighten audience
expectations. I think it can also serve a purpose in telling
would-be
presenters two things: what was covered in the past, and
helping
people
think outside the box in terms of topics that fit the
conference
theme. Of
course these highlights should emphasize the conference theme
(bridging the
distance).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Robert Hänggi
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:37 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Some sort of conference milestones then.
Joseph, would you be willing to compile something for the
series
you're proposing?
You're the one most familiar with gone-by sessions and neither
Quentin
nor I have the time to listening to all the sessions of the
past
although
I'm familiar with the points you've mentioned.

One of last years highlight for me was the translation of the
keynote.
I even visited the Spanish server during the replay broadcast.
Therefore, one wish from my side would be that other countries
chime
in.
Robert

On 20/10/2020, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

Among many topics I’ve seen, Derek’s Google apps demo a few
years
ago
comes to my mind as a particular favorite. It also
highlights
the
progress Google has made in its accessibility in recent
years.
Another
topic worth mentioning is Jamie’s Reaper demo a few years
back.

Perhaps one thing to consider mentioning is impact of
opening
forum.
I
remember one time folks talking about an NVDA suggestion
that
eventually came true (improved Office support, for
instance).

I can’t really talk about my own past topics (add-on
development,
for
example) as they are not that impactful as others. But if
I’m
to
select one of my favorites – or rather, the favorite moment,
it’ll
be
the dramatic 2016 (tenth anniversary) NVDACon, especially
the
keynote sequence.

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 9:45 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thanks Joseph - have you got one in mind to start with?



On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 3:19 PM Joseph Lee <
@joslee <mailto:@joslee>
<mailto:@joslee
<mailto:@joslee> > > wrote:

Hi,

May I suggest doing some kind of a series that highlights
two
to
three
past NVDACon topics and events that were community
favorites,
including NV Access keynote?

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>

On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 8:49 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Afternoon everyone,



I'm working on this week's In-Process. Would we like to
include
anything about NVDACon? We don't have to, but if you want
to,
the
opportunity is there.




Just for reference, from now up to NVDACon, the next
In-process
releases are due to be:

This week (the week of the 19th October)

The week of the 2nd November

The week of the 16th November and

The week of the 30th November

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>























--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>









--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>















--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



















lauracornwell
 

Hey there, to all hears a link to the discord server https://discord.gg/qYFmEW Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Hänggi
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 8:12 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

Here's the download link for the radio promotion.
https://www.dropbox.com/t/DNO0mTA4wTYZitP1
(valid for 6 days)
Cheers
Robert
On 26/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin, I have to figure out how to download the file.
Yes, png files are adaptable so it can be resized to a certain degree
that's why the 200x200 works.
I think we should also have some logo for NVDACon itself.
I thought about using a cube with three visible sides.
The NVDA Logo in the left bottom side, the users on the right (or a
globe that represents them) and perhaps something that stands for the
developers on the top with NVDACon engraved into it. Optionally, the
year could be engraved into the right pane.
Those are the moments when I miss my sight most.
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there,
To all this is just a friendly reminder that a meeting will be held at
1aM
UTc and 8 Am quintens time for those of us who are in the Us 7est 6cst
5
4 Pt on this group this is just a friendly reminder that -----Original
Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:14 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Thanks Laura.
Am I not a fortunate sun, I can edit out all my mistakes and stumblers.
Heck, I could make me sound as if I were running for President. 🤣
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin but this will take longer than that. It will eventually
passed on to their own editor to finalize with e.g. intro sounds etc.
It wouldn't be fair to upload our own version, I reckon.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
It was fun thanks for doing this with me you did a great job tonight.



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Quentin
Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 8:33 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thank you Robert! I'm working on an In-Process edition today, probably
to
publish tomorrow (say within about 24 hours from now) - if that fits
within
your editing window I'd love to include a link to today's interview.
otherwise, don't stress, it will be there for the next edition :)



On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> > wrote:

Hi Quentin.
Laura and I just gave an interview for "Blind Abilities".
I have to edit that first - God only knows how it came about that I
was volunteered to that, probably the impact of too much coffee in the
early hours :D.
Certainly something that can be linked to as soon as it is up on their
website.
I think it is very important to include something from the Japanese
community in order to show our respect, appreciation and thankfulness
for their contributions.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
Thanks Robert! Don't feel pressured to update that other file, I just
thought it might be a good one. If you do I will use it, but there
are
plenty of others which would also be useful :)

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:58 PM Robert Hänggi
<aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> >
wrote:

Quentin, I'm normally very fastidious in my edits. This one was
unfortunately not done by me.
I remember doing the one a year earlier and it was about 10 minutes
shorter than the original recording with over 200 single gaps that
I've removed or truncated.
I can edit the file until the next in-process.

I hope Minako and her team has another interesting presentation for
us
this year.
Cheers
Robert

On 21/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
My only worry with your talk was it is a bit disjointed with pauses
at
the
start, when we are using it essentially as an advertisement to say
"Come
to
NVDACon, hear talks like these and feel invited to contribute one
yourself", for a first time listener, particularly as I know many
people
are fussy with their audio (note, I'm not criticising the content
at
all!). If we have someone who can do it (not necessarily
retrospectively,
but going forward) - is it worth trying to edit the recordings a
bit
more
in future? Not to change anything, just to take out long pauses,
etc?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 6:46 PM Minako Nonogaki <
minakonono3519@... <mailto:minakonono3519@...> >
wrote:

Thank you for mentioning our lightning talk, we are very glad.
I'm also glad if someone will feel that lightning talk with
interpretaion
is extention of opportunity.
Minako Nonogaki

2020年10月21日(水) 9:53 Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> >:

I'm thinking I might link to Tony's lightning talk on Sentence
Nav
and
Indent Nav from 2018: https://www.nvdacon.org/18snin - I thought
having
an add-on developer talk about their work might be useful to
encourage
more
add-on developers.

I was thinking "NVDA at work -support and help desk (Presenter:
Tetsuro
Kane, translated by Minako Nonogaki" sounds like a good one as a
user
talking about how they use NVDA, although the start at least is
quite
awkward and full of pauses.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:27 AM derek riemer <
driemer.riemer@... <mailto:driemer.riemer@...> >
wrote:

The 2016 keynote is the first one to come to mind, followed by
Tony's
add-on talks and Deborah's language talk last year, followed by
are
the
non-code contributions getting started that were done back in I
believe
2016 or 2017. unfortunately the Google app session listed above
did
not
have a recording due to technical glitches. That was way back
when
we
were
base smaller and we're still trying to figure out how to do all
the
recording stuff.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 6:24 PM derek riemer via groups.io
<http://groups.io>
<driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io <mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>
wrote:

If you can remind everyone to submit topics and link to our
call
for
topics letter that would be great. Besides that I don't think
there
is
anything needed at the moment.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 9:27 AM lauracornwell <
lauracornwell1@... <mailto:lauracornwell1@...> >
wrote:

One of my favorite parts of past NVDACon was my first one back
in
2015
and my first keynote that I heard from mike he did a good
job.
-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:15 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Hi,
What I envision is a teaser about NVDACon in the next few
In-Process
blog posts through a section that describes some of the
highlights
from the
past. Of course it should not be done in every blog post as it
can
turn off
some audiences, but an occasional teaser may heighten audience
expectations. I think it can also serve a purpose in telling
would-be
presenters two things: what was covered in the past, and
helping
people
think outside the box in terms of topics that fit the
conference
theme. Of
course these highlights should emphasize the conference theme
(bridging the
distance).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Robert Hänggi
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:37 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Some sort of conference milestones then.
Joseph, would you be willing to compile something for the
series
you're proposing?
You're the one most familiar with gone-by sessions and neither
Quentin
nor I have the time to listening to all the sessions of the
past
although
I'm familiar with the points you've mentioned.

One of last years highlight for me was the translation of the
keynote.
I even visited the Spanish server during the replay broadcast.
Therefore, one wish from my side would be that other countries
chime
in.
Robert

On 20/10/2020, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

Among many topics I’ve seen, Derek’s Google apps demo a few
years
ago
comes to my mind as a particular favorite. It also
highlights
the
progress Google has made in its accessibility in recent
years.
Another
topic worth mentioning is Jamie’s Reaper demo a few years
back.

Perhaps one thing to consider mentioning is impact of
opening
forum.
I
remember one time folks talking about an NVDA suggestion
that
eventually came true (improved Office support, for
instance).

I can’t really talk about my own past topics (add-on
development,
for
example) as they are not that impactful as others. But if
I’m
to
select one of my favorites – or rather, the favorite moment,
it’ll
be
the dramatic 2016 (tenth anniversary) NVDACon, especially
the
keynote sequence.

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 9:45 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thanks Joseph - have you got one in mind to start with?



On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 3:19 PM Joseph Lee <
@joslee <mailto:@joslee>
<mailto:@joslee
<mailto:@joslee> > > wrote:

Hi,

May I suggest doing some kind of a series that highlights
two
to
three
past NVDACon topics and events that were community
favorites,
including NV Access keynote?

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>

On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 8:49 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Afternoon everyone,



I'm working on this week's In-Process. Would we like to
include
anything about NVDACon? We don't have to, but if you want
to,
the
opportunity is there.




Just for reference, from now up to NVDACon, the next
In-process
releases are due to be:

This week (the week of the 19th October)

The week of the 2nd November

The week of the 16th November and

The week of the 30th November

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>























--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>









--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>















--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



















Robert Hänggi
 

Laura, you should send it as a new topic if it isn't relevant to the
current one.

Back to the promo, could you provide me with the name of the narrator
so that I can properly credit him.
Thanks
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there, to all hears a link to the discord server
https://discord.gg/qYFmEW Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 8:12 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

Here's the download link for the radio promotion.
https://www.dropbox.com/t/DNO0mTA4wTYZitP1
(valid for 6 days)
Cheers
Robert
On 26/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin, I have to figure out how to download the file.
Yes, png files are adaptable so it can be resized to a certain degree
that's why the 200x200 works.
I think we should also have some logo for NVDACon itself.
I thought about using a cube with three visible sides.
The NVDA Logo in the left bottom side, the users on the right (or a
globe that represents them) and perhaps something that stands for the
developers on the top with NVDACon engraved into it. Optionally, the
year could be engraved into the right pane.
Those are the moments when I miss my sight most.
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there,
To all this is just a friendly reminder that a meeting will be held at
1aM
UTc and 8 Am quintens time for those of us who are in the Us 7est
6cst
5
4 Pt on this group this is just a friendly reminder that -----Original
Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:14 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Thanks Laura.
Am I not a fortunate sun, I can edit out all my mistakes and stumblers.
Heck, I could make me sound as if I were running for President. 🤣
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin but this will take longer than that. It will eventually
passed on to their own editor to finalize with e.g. intro sounds etc.
It wouldn't be fair to upload our own version, I reckon.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
It was fun thanks for doing this with me you did a great job tonight.



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Quentin
Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 8:33 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thank you Robert! I'm working on an In-Process edition today,
probably
to
publish tomorrow (say within about 24 hours from now) - if that fits
within
your editing window I'd love to include a link to today's interview.
otherwise, don't stress, it will be there for the next edition :)



On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM Robert Hänggi
<aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> > wrote:

Hi Quentin.
Laura and I just gave an interview for "Blind Abilities".
I have to edit that first - God only knows how it came about that I
was volunteered to that, probably the impact of too much coffee in the
early hours :D.
Certainly something that can be linked to as soon as it is up on their
website.
I think it is very important to include something from the Japanese
community in order to show our respect, appreciation and thankfulness
for their contributions.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
Thanks Robert! Don't feel pressured to update that other file, I
just
thought it might be a good one. If you do I will use it, but there
are
plenty of others which would also be useful :)

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:58 PM Robert Hänggi
<aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> >
wrote:

Quentin, I'm normally very fastidious in my edits. This one was
unfortunately not done by me.
I remember doing the one a year earlier and it was about 10 minutes
shorter than the original recording with over 200 single gaps that
I've removed or truncated.
I can edit the file until the next in-process.

I hope Minako and her team has another interesting presentation for
us
this year.
Cheers
Robert

On 21/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
My only worry with your talk was it is a bit disjointed with
pauses
at
the
start, when we are using it essentially as an advertisement to say
"Come
to
NVDACon, hear talks like these and feel invited to contribute one
yourself", for a first time listener, particularly as I know many
people
are fussy with their audio (note, I'm not criticising the content
at
all!). If we have someone who can do it (not necessarily
retrospectively,
but going forward) - is it worth trying to edit the recordings a
bit
more
in future? Not to change anything, just to take out long pauses,
etc?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 6:46 PM Minako Nonogaki <
minakonono3519@... <mailto:minakonono3519@...> >
wrote:

Thank you for mentioning our lightning talk, we are very glad.
I'm also glad if someone will feel that lightning talk with
interpretaion
is extention of opportunity.
Minako Nonogaki

2020年10月21日(水) 9:53 Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> >:

I'm thinking I might link to Tony's lightning talk on Sentence
Nav
and
Indent Nav from 2018: https://www.nvdacon.org/18snin - I thought
having
an add-on developer talk about their work might be useful to
encourage
more
add-on developers.

I was thinking "NVDA at work -support and help desk (Presenter:
Tetsuro
Kane, translated by Minako Nonogaki" sounds like a good one as a
user
talking about how they use NVDA, although the start at least is
quite
awkward and full of pauses.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:27 AM derek riemer <
driemer.riemer@... <mailto:driemer.riemer@...> >
wrote:

The 2016 keynote is the first one to come to mind, followed by
Tony's
add-on talks and Deborah's language talk last year, followed by
are
the
non-code contributions getting started that were done back in I
believe
2016 or 2017. unfortunately the Google app session listed above
did
not
have a recording due to technical glitches. That was way back
when
we
were
base smaller and we're still trying to figure out how to do all
the
recording stuff.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 6:24 PM derek riemer via groups.io
<http://groups.io>
<driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io
<mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>
wrote:

If you can remind everyone to submit topics and link to our
call
for
topics letter that would be great. Besides that I don't think
there
is
anything needed at the moment.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 9:27 AM lauracornwell <
lauracornwell1@... <mailto:lauracornwell1@...> >
wrote:

One of my favorite parts of past NVDACon was my first one
back
in
2015
and my first keynote that I heard from mike he did a good
job.
-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:15 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Hi,
What I envision is a teaser about NVDACon in the next few
In-Process
blog posts through a section that describes some of the
highlights
from the
past. Of course it should not be done in every blog post as
it
can
turn off
some audiences, but an occasional teaser may heighten
audience
expectations. I think it can also serve a purpose in telling
would-be
presenters two things: what was covered in the past, and
helping
people
think outside the box in terms of topics that fit the
conference
theme. Of
course these highlights should emphasize the conference theme
(bridging the
distance).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Robert Hänggi
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:37 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Some sort of conference milestones then.
Joseph, would you be willing to compile something for the
series
you're proposing?
You're the one most familiar with gone-by sessions and
neither
Quentin
nor I have the time to listening to all the sessions of the
past
although
I'm familiar with the points you've mentioned.

One of last years highlight for me was the translation of the
keynote.
I even visited the Spanish server during the replay
broadcast.
Therefore, one wish from my side would be that other
countries
chime
in.
Robert

On 20/10/2020, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

Among many topics I’ve seen, Derek’s Google apps demo a few
years
ago
comes to my mind as a particular favorite. It also
highlights
the
progress Google has made in its accessibility in recent
years.
Another
topic worth mentioning is Jamie’s Reaper demo a few years
back.

Perhaps one thing to consider mentioning is impact of
opening
forum.
I
remember one time folks talking about an NVDA suggestion
that
eventually came true (improved Office support, for
instance).

I can’t really talk about my own past topics (add-on
development,
for
example) as they are not that impactful as others. But if
I’m
to
select one of my favorites – or rather, the favorite
moment,
it’ll
be
the dramatic 2016 (tenth anniversary) NVDACon, especially
the
keynote sequence.

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> >
On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 9:45 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thanks Joseph - have you got one in mind to start with?



On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 3:19 PM Joseph Lee <
@joslee <mailto:@joslee>
<mailto:@joslee
<mailto:@joslee> > > wrote:

Hi,

May I suggest doing some kind of a series that highlights
two
to
three
past NVDACon topics and events that were community
favorites,
including NV Access keynote?

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>

On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 8:49 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Afternoon everyone,



I'm working on this week's In-Process. Would we like to
include
anything about NVDACon? We don't have to, but if you want
to,
the
opportunity is there.




Just for reference, from now up to NVDACon, the next
In-process
releases are due to be:

This week (the week of the 19th October)

The week of the 2nd November

The week of the 16th November and

The week of the 30th November

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>























--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>









--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>















--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>





























lauracornwell
 

Herbie Allan

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Hänggi
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 9:32 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

Laura, you should send it as a new topic if it isn't relevant to the
current one.

Back to the promo, could you provide me with the name of the narrator
so that I can properly credit him.
Thanks
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there, to all hears a link to the discord server
https://discord.gg/qYFmEW Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 8:12 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

Here's the download link for the radio promotion.
https://www.dropbox.com/t/DNO0mTA4wTYZitP1
(valid for 6 days)
Cheers
Robert
On 26/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin, I have to figure out how to download the file.
Yes, png files are adaptable so it can be resized to a certain degree
that's why the 200x200 works.
I think we should also have some logo for NVDACon itself.
I thought about using a cube with three visible sides.
The NVDA Logo in the left bottom side, the users on the right (or a
globe that represents them) and perhaps something that stands for the
developers on the top with NVDACon engraved into it. Optionally, the
year could be engraved into the right pane.
Those are the moments when I miss my sight most.
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there,
To all this is just a friendly reminder that a meeting will be held at
1aM
UTc and 8 Am quintens time for those of us who are in the Us 7est
6cst
5
4 Pt on this group this is just a friendly reminder that -----Original
Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:14 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Thanks Laura.
Am I not a fortunate sun, I can edit out all my mistakes and stumblers.
Heck, I could make me sound as if I were running for President. 🤣
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin but this will take longer than that. It will eventually
passed on to their own editor to finalize with e.g. intro sounds etc.
It wouldn't be fair to upload our own version, I reckon.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
It was fun thanks for doing this with me you did a great job tonight.



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Quentin
Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 8:33 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thank you Robert! I'm working on an In-Process edition today,
probably
to
publish tomorrow (say within about 24 hours from now) - if that fits
within
your editing window I'd love to include a link to today's interview.
otherwise, don't stress, it will be there for the next edition :)



On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM Robert Hänggi
<aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> > wrote:

Hi Quentin.
Laura and I just gave an interview for "Blind Abilities".
I have to edit that first - God only knows how it came about that I
was volunteered to that, probably the impact of too much coffee in the
early hours :D.
Certainly something that can be linked to as soon as it is up on their
website.
I think it is very important to include something from the Japanese
community in order to show our respect, appreciation and thankfulness
for their contributions.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
Thanks Robert! Don't feel pressured to update that other file, I
just
thought it might be a good one. If you do I will use it, but there
are
plenty of others which would also be useful :)

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:58 PM Robert Hänggi
<aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> >
wrote:

Quentin, I'm normally very fastidious in my edits. This one was
unfortunately not done by me.
I remember doing the one a year earlier and it was about 10 minutes
shorter than the original recording with over 200 single gaps that
I've removed or truncated.
I can edit the file until the next in-process.

I hope Minako and her team has another interesting presentation for
us
this year.
Cheers
Robert

On 21/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
My only worry with your talk was it is a bit disjointed with
pauses
at
the
start, when we are using it essentially as an advertisement to say
"Come
to
NVDACon, hear talks like these and feel invited to contribute one
yourself", for a first time listener, particularly as I know many
people
are fussy with their audio (note, I'm not criticising the content
at
all!). If we have someone who can do it (not necessarily
retrospectively,
but going forward) - is it worth trying to edit the recordings a
bit
more
in future? Not to change anything, just to take out long pauses,
etc?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 6:46 PM Minako Nonogaki <
minakonono3519@... <mailto:minakonono3519@...> >
wrote:

Thank you for mentioning our lightning talk, we are very glad.
I'm also glad if someone will feel that lightning talk with
interpretaion
is extention of opportunity.
Minako Nonogaki

2020年10月21日(水) 9:53 Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> >:

I'm thinking I might link to Tony's lightning talk on Sentence
Nav
and
Indent Nav from 2018: https://www.nvdacon.org/18snin - I thought
having
an add-on developer talk about their work might be useful to
encourage
more
add-on developers.

I was thinking "NVDA at work -support and help desk (Presenter:
Tetsuro
Kane, translated by Minako Nonogaki" sounds like a good one as a
user
talking about how they use NVDA, although the start at least is
quite
awkward and full of pauses.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:27 AM derek riemer <
driemer.riemer@... <mailto:driemer.riemer@...> >
wrote:

The 2016 keynote is the first one to come to mind, followed by
Tony's
add-on talks and Deborah's language talk last year, followed by
are
the
non-code contributions getting started that were done back in I
believe
2016 or 2017. unfortunately the Google app session listed above
did
not
have a recording due to technical glitches. That was way back
when
we
were
base smaller and we're still trying to figure out how to do all
the
recording stuff.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 6:24 PM derek riemer via groups.io
<http://groups.io>
<driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io
<mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>
wrote:

If you can remind everyone to submit topics and link to our
call
for
topics letter that would be great. Besides that I don't think
there
is
anything needed at the moment.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 9:27 AM lauracornwell <
lauracornwell1@... <mailto:lauracornwell1@...> >
wrote:

One of my favorite parts of past NVDACon was my first one
back
in
2015
and my first keynote that I heard from mike he did a good
job.
-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:15 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Hi,
What I envision is a teaser about NVDACon in the next few
In-Process
blog posts through a section that describes some of the
highlights
from the
past. Of course it should not be done in every blog post as
it
can
turn off
some audiences, but an occasional teaser may heighten
audience
expectations. I think it can also serve a purpose in telling
would-be
presenters two things: what was covered in the past, and
helping
people
think outside the box in terms of topics that fit the
conference
theme. Of
course these highlights should emphasize the conference theme
(bridging the
distance).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Robert Hänggi
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:37 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Some sort of conference milestones then.
Joseph, would you be willing to compile something for the
series
you're proposing?
You're the one most familiar with gone-by sessions and
neither
Quentin
nor I have the time to listening to all the sessions of the
past
although
I'm familiar with the points you've mentioned.

One of last years highlight for me was the translation of the
keynote.
I even visited the Spanish server during the replay
broadcast.
Therefore, one wish from my side would be that other
countries
chime
in.
Robert

On 20/10/2020, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

Among many topics I’ve seen, Derek’s Google apps demo a few
years
ago
comes to my mind as a particular favorite. It also
highlights
the
progress Google has made in its accessibility in recent
years.
Another
topic worth mentioning is Jamie’s Reaper demo a few years
back.

Perhaps one thing to consider mentioning is impact of
opening
forum.
I
remember one time folks talking about an NVDA suggestion
that
eventually came true (improved Office support, for
instance).

I can’t really talk about my own past topics (add-on
development,
for
example) as they are not that impactful as others. But if
I’m
to
select one of my favorites – or rather, the favorite
moment,
it’ll
be
the dramatic 2016 (tenth anniversary) NVDACon, especially
the
keynote sequence.

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> >
On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 9:45 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thanks Joseph - have you got one in mind to start with?



On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 3:19 PM Joseph Lee <
@joslee <mailto:@joslee>
<mailto:@joslee
<mailto:@joslee> > > wrote:

Hi,

May I suggest doing some kind of a series that highlights
two
to
three
past NVDACon topics and events that were community
favorites,
including NV Access keynote?

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>

On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 8:49 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Afternoon everyone,



I'm working on this week's In-Process. Would we like to
include
anything about NVDACon? We don't have to, but if you want
to,
the
opportunity is there.




Just for reference, from now up to NVDACon, the next
In-process
releases are due to be:

This week (the week of the 19th October)

The week of the 2nd November

The week of the 16th November and

The week of the 30th November

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>























--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>









--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>















--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>





























Robert Hänggi
 

Ah thanks, that's most welcome.
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Herbie Allan

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 9:32 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

Laura, you should send it as a new topic if it isn't relevant to the
current one.

Back to the promo, could you provide me with the name of the narrator
so that I can properly credit him.
Thanks
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there, to all hears a link to the discord server
https://discord.gg/qYFmEW Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 8:12 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

Here's the download link for the radio promotion.
https://www.dropbox.com/t/DNO0mTA4wTYZitP1
(valid for 6 days)
Cheers
Robert
On 26/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin, I have to figure out how to download the file.
Yes, png files are adaptable so it can be resized to a certain degree
that's why the 200x200 works.
I think we should also have some logo for NVDACon itself.
I thought about using a cube with three visible sides.
The NVDA Logo in the left bottom side, the users on the right (or a
globe that represents them) and perhaps something that stands for the
developers on the top with NVDACon engraved into it. Optionally, the
year could be engraved into the right pane.
Those are the moments when I miss my sight most.
Robert

On 26/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there,
To all this is just a friendly reminder that a meeting will be held at
1aM
UTc and 8 Am quintens time for those of us who are in the Us 7est
6cst
5
4 Pt on this group this is just a friendly reminder that
-----Original
Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 11:14 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Thanks Laura.
Am I not a fortunate sun, I can edit out all my mistakes and stumblers.
Heck, I could make me sound as if I were running for President. 🤣
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin but this will take longer than that. It will eventually
passed on to their own editor to finalize with e.g. intro sounds etc.
It wouldn't be fair to upload our own version, I reckon.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
It was fun thanks for doing this with me you did a great job
tonight.



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Quentin
Christensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 8:33 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thank you Robert! I'm working on an In-Process edition today,
probably
to
publish tomorrow (say within about 24 hours from now) - if that fits
within
your editing window I'd love to include a link to today's interview.
otherwise, don't stress, it will be there for the next edition :)



On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM Robert Hänggi
<aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> > wrote:

Hi Quentin.
Laura and I just gave an interview for "Blind Abilities".
I have to edit that first - God only knows how it came about that I
was volunteered to that, probably the impact of too much coffee in
the
early hours :D.
Certainly something that can be linked to as soon as it is up on
their
website.
I think it is very important to include something from the Japanese
community in order to show our respect, appreciation and thankfulness
for their contributions.
Robert

On 22/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
Thanks Robert! Don't feel pressured to update that other file, I
just
thought it might be a good one. If you do I will use it, but there
are
plenty of others which would also be useful :)

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:58 PM Robert Hänggi
<aarjay.robert@...
<mailto:aarjay.robert@...> >
wrote:

Quentin, I'm normally very fastidious in my edits. This one was
unfortunately not done by me.
I remember doing the one a year earlier and it was about 10 minutes
shorter than the original recording with over 200 single gaps that
I've removed or truncated.
I can edit the file until the next in-process.

I hope Minako and her team has another interesting presentation for
us
this year.
Cheers
Robert

On 21/10/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> > wrote:
My only worry with your talk was it is a bit disjointed with
pauses
at
the
start, when we are using it essentially as an advertisement to
say
"Come
to
NVDACon, hear talks like these and feel invited to contribute one
yourself", for a first time listener, particularly as I know many
people
are fussy with their audio (note, I'm not criticising the content
at
all!). If we have someone who can do it (not necessarily
retrospectively,
but going forward) - is it worth trying to edit the recordings a
bit
more
in future? Not to change anything, just to take out long pauses,
etc?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 6:46 PM Minako Nonogaki <
minakonono3519@... <mailto:minakonono3519@...> >
wrote:

Thank you for mentioning our lightning talk, we are very glad.
I'm also glad if someone will feel that lightning talk with
interpretaion
is extention of opportunity.
Minako Nonogaki

2020年10月21日(水) 9:53 Quentin Christensen <quentin@...
<mailto:quentin@...> >:

I'm thinking I might link to Tony's lightning talk on Sentence
Nav
and
Indent Nav from 2018: https://www.nvdacon.org/18snin - I
thought
having
an add-on developer talk about their work might be useful to
encourage
more
add-on developers.

I was thinking "NVDA at work -support and help desk (Presenter:
Tetsuro
Kane, translated by Minako Nonogaki" sounds like a good one as
a
user
talking about how they use NVDA, although the start at least is
quite
awkward and full of pauses.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:27 AM derek riemer <
driemer.riemer@... <mailto:driemer.riemer@...> >
wrote:

The 2016 keynote is the first one to come to mind, followed by
Tony's
add-on talks and Deborah's language talk last year, followed
by
are
the
non-code contributions getting started that were done back in
I
believe
2016 or 2017. unfortunately the Google app session listed
above
did
not
have a recording due to technical glitches. That was way back
when
we
were
base smaller and we're still trying to figure out how to do
all
the
recording stuff.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 6:24 PM derek riemer via groups.io
<http://groups.io>
<driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io
<mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>
wrote:

If you can remind everyone to submit topics and link to our
call
for
topics letter that would be great. Besides that I don't think
there
is
anything needed at the moment.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 9:27 AM lauracornwell <
lauracornwell1@... <mailto:lauracornwell1@...> >
wrote:

One of my favorite parts of past NVDACon was my first one
back
in
2015
and my first keynote that I heard from mike he did a good
job.
-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:15 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Hi,
What I envision is a teaser about NVDACon in the next few
In-Process
blog posts through a section that describes some of the
highlights
from the
past. Of course it should not be done in every blog post as
it
can
turn off
some audiences, but an occasional teaser may heighten
audience
expectations. I think it can also serve a purpose in telling
would-be
presenters two things: what was covered in the past, and
helping
people
think outside the box in terms of topics that fit the
conference
theme. Of
course these highlights should emphasize the conference
theme
(bridging the
distance).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> > On
Behalf Of
Robert Hänggi
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:37 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process

Some sort of conference milestones then.
Joseph, would you be willing to compile something for the
series
you're proposing?
You're the one most familiar with gone-by sessions and
neither
Quentin
nor I have the time to listening to all the sessions of the
past
although
I'm familiar with the points you've mentioned.

One of last years highlight for me was the translation of
the
keynote.
I even visited the Spanish server during the replay
broadcast.
Therefore, one wish from my side would be that other
countries
chime
in.
Robert

On 20/10/2020, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

Among many topics I’ve seen, Derek’s Google apps demo a
few
years
ago
comes to my mind as a particular favorite. It also
highlights
the
progress Google has made in its accessibility in recent
years.
Another
topic worth mentioning is Jamie’s Reaper demo a few years
back.

Perhaps one thing to consider mentioning is impact of
opening
forum.
I
remember one time folks talking about an NVDA suggestion
that
eventually came true (improved Office support, for
instance).

I can’t really talk about my own past topics (add-on
development,
for
example) as they are not that impactful as others. But if
I’m
to
select one of my favorites – or rather, the favorite
moment,
it’ll
be
the dramatic 2016 (tenth anniversary) NVDACon, especially
the
keynote sequence.

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> >
On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 9:45 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Thanks Joseph - have you got one in mind to start with?



On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 3:19 PM Joseph Lee <
@joslee <mailto:@joslee>
<mailto:@joslee
<mailto:@joslee> > > wrote:

Hi,

May I suggest doing some kind of a series that highlights
two
to
three
past NVDACon topics and events that were community
favorites,
including NV Access keynote?

Cheers,

Joseph



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>

On
Behalf
Of
Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 8:49 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io <mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io
<mailto:intl@nvdacon.groups.io>
Subject: [NVDACon] Update for In-process



Afternoon everyone,



I'm working on this week's In-Process. Would we like to
include
anything about NVDACon? We don't have to, but if you want
to,
the
opportunity is there.




Just for reference, from now up to NVDACon, the next
In-process
releases are due to be:

This week (the week of the 19th October)

The week of the 2nd November

The week of the 16th November and

The week of the 30th November

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org>

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>























--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>









--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>















--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: <http://www.nvaccess.org/> www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>







































lauracornwell
 

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this thanks


derek riemer
 

Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m. Eastern.


On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this thanks







lauracornwell
 

That works for me.

T

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

 

Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m. Eastern.

 

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough stuff to start putting together hour schedule? Please reply back on these thanks






lauracornwell
 

Hey there, to all ,.

 

Is everyone coming to this meeting? From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

 

Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m. Eastern.

 

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this thanks






derek riemer
 

My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then showed up at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

Hey there, to all ,.

 

Is everyone coming to this meeting? From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

 

Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m. Eastern.

 

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this thanks







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Robert Hänggi
 

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then showed up
at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, to all ,.



*Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
*Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going
to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m.
Eastern.



On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this
thanks







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁
⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






Quentin Christensen
 

I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything from me this week?

I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on him for In-Process the week before NVDACon.

Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow so will double check then.

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
> My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then showed up
> at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey there, to all ,.
>>
>>
>>
>> *Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
>> intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
>> *Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
>> *To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
>> *Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020
>>
>>
>>
>> Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going
>> to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m.
>> Eastern.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
>> stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this
>> thanks
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Derek Riemer
> Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁
> ⠐⠞⠖
> •    Accessibility enthusiast.
> •    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
> •    Open source enthusiast.
> •    Skier.
>
> •    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com
>
>
>
>
>
>







--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Robert Hänggi
 

On 16/11/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything from
me this week?
We would like to know if we can schedule the keynote(s) within the
same time frame as last year so that at least one thing is fixed.


I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on him
for In-Process the week before NVDACon.
That's great. I've reached out to him as well in order to get his
current progress/concept for the presentation.


Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow so
will double check then.
It would be good to have the server online earlier. I had complaints
that they couldn't reach it with TT. The error message isn't helpful
since people could misunderstand it as not working or that the server
is blocked in their country. So better to have it online with an
appropriate welcome message.

Robert


Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then
showed
up
at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell
<lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, to all ,.



*Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
*Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm
going
to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00
p.m.
Eastern.



On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on
this
thanks







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞

⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com









--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






Iván Novegil
 

Do you have any notes from meetings beyond 2nd? If so they aren't at the folder...

It's not just curiosity, but also that it's good to stay tunned to this meetings to see if there's something helpful for our own planification.


Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...


NVDA.es Logo
Comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA | Proyecto NVDA.es
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

O 16/11/2020 á(s) 11:18, Robert Hänggi escribiu:

On 16/11/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything from
me this week?
We would like to know if we can schedule the keynote(s) within  the
same time frame as last year so that at least one thing is fixed.

I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on him
for In-Process the week before NVDACon.
That's great. I've reached out to him as well in order to get his
current progress/concept for the presentation.

Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow so
will double check then.
It would be good to have the server online earlier. I had complaints
that they couldn't reach it with TT. The error message isn't helpful
since people could misunderstand it as not working or that the server
is blocked in their country. So better to have it online with an
appropriate welcome message.

Robert

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then
showed
up
at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell
<lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, to all ,.



*Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
*Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm
going
to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00
p.m.
Eastern.



On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on
this
thanks








--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞
⠁
⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com











--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>











lauracornwell
 

 

Hey there, to all on this list , I am wantting to find out can someone get ahold of atguys please thanks ?From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 1:16 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

 

I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything from me this week?

 

I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on him for In-Process the week before NVDACon.

 

Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow so will double check then.

 

Quentin.

 

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
> My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then showed up
> at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey there, to all ,.
>>
>>
>>
>> *Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
>> intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
>> *Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
>> *To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
>> *Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020
>>
>>
>>
>> Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going
>> to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m.
>> Eastern.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
>> stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this
>> thanks
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Derek Riemer
> Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞
> ⠐⠞⠖
> •    Accessibility enthusiast.
> •    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
> •    Open source enthusiast.
> •    Skier.
>
> •    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com
>
>
>
>
>
>





 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 


Quentin Christensen
 

Having the Keynote at the same time as last year should be fine (remind me again what time it is?)  The only thing I was thinking though was Iván, didn't you mention the time (of the keynote encore) wasn't great for the Spanish community?  If so, we should look at what time would be better, and whether a new time would necessitate moving the original keynote (if you wanted to have it earlier)?

And yes, I'll chase up the server today - we're meeting this afternoon (4-5 hours from now).

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 1:50 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

 

Hey there, to all on this list , I am wantting to find out can someone get ahold of atguys please thanks ?From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 1:16 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

 

I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything from me this week?

 

I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on him for In-Process the week before NVDACon.

 

Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow so will double check then.

 

Quentin.

 

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
> My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then showed up
> at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey there, to all ,.
>>
>>
>>
>> *Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
>> intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
>> *Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
>> *To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
>> *Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020
>>
>>
>>
>> Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going
>> to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m.
>> Eastern.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
>> stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this
>> thanks
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Derek Riemer
> Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞
> ⠐⠞⠖
> •    Accessibility enthusiast.
> •    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
> •    Open source enthusiast.
> •    Skier.
>
> •    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com
>
>
>
>
>
>





 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Robert Hänggi
 

Yes, I've seen that.
But I don't see a solution for this, unless NVAccess wants to make the
second Q&A at about midnight Sunday evening instead of Monday morning.
And the first keynote would be 9 hours earlier.
I don't think that their proposal for 6:00pm utc is feasable (about
5am your time).
In other words, I need the latest possible time on Sunday evening and
the earliest one on Monday morning (Australian time). Either is then
the time for the second Q&A. The broadcast is about one hour earlier
and the original keynote 9 hours earlier. (if we assume a duration of
one hour).
Robert

On 17/11/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Having the Keynote at the same time as last year should be fine (remind me
again what time it is?) The only thing I was thinking though was Iván,
didn't you mention the time (of the keynote encore) wasn't great for the
Spanish community? If so, we should look at what time would be better, and
whether a new time would necessitate moving the original keynote (if you
wanted to have it earlier)?

And yes, I'll chase up the server today - we're meeting this afternoon (4-5
hours from now).

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 1:50 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:



Hey there, to all on this list , I am wantting to find out can someone
get
ahold of atguys please thanks ?*From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Quentin Christensen
*Sent:* Monday, November 16, 2020 1:16 AM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything
from
me this week?



I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on
him
for In-Process the week before NVDACon.



Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow
so will double check then.



Quentin.



On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then
showed
up
at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell
<lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, to all ,.



*Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
*Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm
going
to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00
p.m.
Eastern.



On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on
this
thanks







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞

⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com











--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






Iván Novegil
 

Hi.


Don't worry about it, we will translate the keynote and broadcast it independently from the original version at a different time, since we wouldn't have a live Q&A session.


Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...


NVDA.es Logo
Comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA | Proyecto NVDA.es
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

O 17/11/2020 á(s) 0:46, Quentin Christensen escribiu:

Having the Keynote at the same time as last year should be fine (remind me again what time it is?)  The only thing I was thinking though was Iván, didn't you mention the time (of the keynote encore) wasn't great for the Spanish community?  If so, we should look at what time would be better, and whether a new time would necessitate moving the original keynote (if you wanted to have it earlier)?

And yes, I'll chase up the server today - we're meeting this afternoon (4-5 hours from now).

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 1:50 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

 

Hey there, to all on this list , I am wantting to find out can someone get ahold of atguys please thanks ?From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 1:16 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

 

I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything from me this week?

 

I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on him for In-Process the week before NVDACon.

 

Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow so will double check then.

 

Quentin.

 

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
> My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then showed up
> at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey there, to all ,.
>>
>>
>>
>> *Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
>> intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
>> *Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
>> *To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
>> *Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020
>>
>>
>>
>> Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm going
>> to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00 p.m.
>> Eastern.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
>> stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on this
>> thanks
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Derek Riemer
> Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞
> ⠐⠞⠖
> •    Accessibility enthusiast.
> •    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
> •    Open source enthusiast.
> •    Skier.
>
> •    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com
>
>
>
>
>
>





 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


lauracornwell
 

Hey there, to all I am wantting to know the first time for the keynote because I am working with 986themix on maybe doing a stream of it for us.
So when you can could you all please reply back. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert Hänggi
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 7:26 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

Yes, I've seen that.
But I don't see a solution for this, unless NVAccess wants to make the
second Q&A at about midnight Sunday evening instead of Monday morning.
And the first keynote would be 9 hours earlier.
I don't think that their proposal for 6:00pm utc is feasable (about
5am your time).
In other words, I need the latest possible time on Sunday evening and
the earliest one on Monday morning (Australian time). Either is then
the time for the second Q&A. The broadcast is about one hour earlier
and the original keynote 9 hours earlier. (if we assume a duration of
one hour).
Robert

On 17/11/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Having the Keynote at the same time as last year should be fine (remind me
again what time it is?) The only thing I was thinking though was Iván,
didn't you mention the time (of the keynote encore) wasn't great for the
Spanish community? If so, we should look at what time would be better, and
whether a new time would necessitate moving the original keynote (if you
wanted to have it earlier)?

And yes, I'll chase up the server today - we're meeting this afternoon (4-5
hours from now).

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 1:50 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:



Hey there, to all on this list , I am wantting to find out can someone
get
ahold of atguys please thanks ?*From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Quentin Christensen
*Sent:* Monday, November 16, 2020 1:16 AM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything
from
me this week?



I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on
him
for In-Process the week before NVDACon.



Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow
so will double check then.



Quentin.



On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then
showed
up
at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell
<lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, to all ,.



*Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
*Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm
going
to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00
p.m.
Eastern.



On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have enough
stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on
this
thanks







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞

⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com











--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






Robert Hänggi
 

I've added last year's session plan to the 2020 folder.
I hope that helps.
Robert

On 17/11/2020, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Hey there, to all I am wantting to know the first time for the keynote
because I am working with 986themix on maybe doing a stream of it for us.
So when you can could you all please reply back. Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robert
Hänggi
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 7:26 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020

Yes, I've seen that.
But I don't see a solution for this, unless NVAccess wants to make the
second Q&A at about midnight Sunday evening instead of Monday morning.
And the first keynote would be 9 hours earlier.
I don't think that their proposal for 6:00pm utc is feasable (about
5am your time).
In other words, I need the latest possible time on Sunday evening and
the earliest one on Monday morning (Australian time). Either is then
the time for the second Q&A. The broadcast is about one hour earlier
and the original keynote 9 hours earlier. (if we assume a duration of
one hour).
Robert

On 17/11/2020, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Having the Keynote at the same time as last year should be fine (remind
me
again what time it is?) The only thing I was thinking though was Iván,
didn't you mention the time (of the keynote encore) wasn't great for the
Spanish community? If so, we should look at what time would be better,
and
whether a new time would necessitate moving the original keynote (if you
wanted to have it earlier)?

And yes, I'll chase up the server today - we're meeting this afternoon
(4-5
hours from now).

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 1:50 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:



Hey there, to all on this list , I am wantting to find out can someone
get
ahold of atguys please thanks ?*From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Quentin Christensen
*Sent:* Monday, November 16, 2020 1:16 AM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



I have it in my calendar for next week too - Did anyone need anything
from
me this week?



I've arranged to chat with Justin and I'm going to write up a piece on
him
for In-Process the week before NVDACon.



Derek, I queried Mick about the server, but will speak with him tomorrow
so will double check then.



Quentin.



On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

A Wonder that you didn't met with someone, we began an hour later.
Same for next Sunday, 5pm Eastern, 3pm Mountain time, if I don't err.
Robert

On 16/11/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
My bad, I missed today because I calculated 4:00 eastern and then
showed
up
at 4:00 mountain standard time. :facepalm

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 PM lauracornwell
<lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, to all ,.



*Is everyone coming to this meeting? From:* intl@NVDACon.groups.io <
intl@NVDACon.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *derek riemer
*Sent:* Saturday, November 14, 2020 11:50 PM
*To:* intl@nvdacon.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [NVDACon] Radio Promo (CFT) 2020



Hey Robert, is there a time that works best for you? Otherwise I'm
going
to ask that we do Sunday at 2100 UTC. I believe that would be 4:00
p.m.
Eastern.



On Thu, Nov 12, 2020, 8:57 AM lauracornwell
<lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey there, are we having a meeting this weekend? And do we have
enough
stuff to start putting together hour schedule?please reply back on
this
thanks







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑
⠁⠞

⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com











--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager



Web: www.nvaccess.org

Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/

User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>