Topics

NVDACon 2016: invitation from Joseph Lee, Chair, NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Committee

Dear members of the NVDA community and supporters around the world:

On behalf of NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Committee, I’d like to invite you to join us on a four-day journey in April: NVDA Users and Developers Conference (NVDACon) International 2016/Tenth Anniversary Edition:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/nvdacon16promo.mp3

Event details:

·         Date: April 22, 23, 29, 30.

·         Place: NVDA Korea TeamTalk Server (nvda-kr.org), requires TeamTalk 5.

·         Keynote speakers: Michael Curran, James Teh (NV Access)

·         Featured presenters: Kelly Ford (Microsoft), Marco Zehe (Mozilla), Fernando Botelho (F123 Access), Dave Williams, Sean Randall, Lucy Greco, Pranav Lal (Dictation Bridge), Davy Kager (LibLouis project) and others

·         Website: http://www.nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php

·         Twitter: @NVDACon

Hope to see you at NVDACon 2016 in April.

Sincerely,

Joseph

Joseph S. Lee

Translator, code contributor and community add-ons reviewer, NVDA screen reader project

Chair, NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Committee

P.S. To resident translators: may I request sending this announcement to your language communities? Thanks.

Hi all,

Let the home stretch promotions begin: please pass on this promotion to your language communities and other communities you are involved in (especially to CSUN 2016 attendees and to mainstream folks).

[...]

Bhavya shah

Hi Joseph and others,
I, personally, found the promotional message quite unattractive.
The promotion audio was quite good, but I still think that the textual
one should be more compelling to even click on the audio's link.
I think we should let promotion await until the final scheduling takes
place and we can actually write down a good background cover story
both in text and improve the audio a little bit as well.
This might be a time too early to start promoting, and the excitement
or interest might just die down until the actual event if we commence
straightaway. The first week of April would be a suitable beginning
time period, in my opinion.
Also, we really need to stress on how the conference can be joined,
and whom to contact for more queries, particularly the former, because
most folks may be unaware of Teamtalk and would want very specific
instructions on how to participate. The current text message provides
no links or information about the same, which is a major flaw.
Thanks.

* Date: April 22, 23, 29, 30.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

Hi,
Great points.
The promotion was meant for a specific audience: mainstream media and CSUN 2016 attendees, as well as those who'd like to know the status of the conference (especially from NVDA community). I believe that the earlier we send out at least a tentative promotion, the better so we can get the word out to as many people as possible. We'll run a more refined promotion once the schedule is finalized (sometime next week (or as early as this weekend), I'll send an email to speakers about setting a date to congregate to come up with the final schedule).

* Date: April 22, 23, 29, 30.

[...]

Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen reader for Microsoft Windows To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/ Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2 Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09

"星空

Page seems to have no update notifications

On 3/24/16, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Let the home stretch promotions begin: please pass on this promotion
> to your language communities and other communities you are involved in
> (especially to CSUN 2016 attendees and to mainstream folks).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph

Uh oh, we may need an RSS in place (anyone would like to work on this with me?).

From:"Joseph Lee"<joseph.lee22590@...>
Date:2016324(星期四下午4:05
To:"NVDACon"<NVDACon@groups.io>;

Hi,
Great points.
The promotion was meant for a specific audience: mainstream media and CSUN 2016 attendees, as well as those who'd like to know the status of the conference (especially from NVDA community). I believe that the earlier we send out at least a tentative promotion, the better so we can get the word out to as many people as possible. We'll run a more refined promotion once the schedule is finalized (sometime next week (or as early as this weekend), I'll send an email to speakers about setting a date to congregate to come up with the final schedule).

I, personally, found the promotional message quite unattractive.
The promotion audio was quite good, but I still think that the textual one should be more compelling to even click on the audio's link.
I think we should let promotion await until the final scheduling takes place and we can actually write down a good background cover story both in text and improve the audio a little bit as well.
This might be a time too early to start promoting, and the excitement or interest might just die down until the actual event if we commence straightaway. The first week of April would be a suitable beginning time period, in my opinion.
Also, we really need to stress on how the conference can be joined, and whom to contact for more queries, particularly the former, because most folks may be unaware of Teamtalk and would want very specific instructions on how to participate. The current text message provides no links or information about the same, which is a major flaw.
Thanks.

On 3/24/16, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Let the home stretch promotions begin: please pass on this promotion
> to your language communities and other communities you are involved in
> (especially to CSUN 2016 attendees and to mainstream folks).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph

derek riemer

Hi joseph:
Do you mind putting a link to the promo from the main NVDACon website at your domain? Also, I thought it might be a good idea to register nvda-con.org or nvdacon.nvda-project.org for the conference. How would this work out from a community standpoint?

On 3/23/2016 1:17 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Hi,

For nvdacon.org, I could provide a subdomain on nvda-kr.org for now that’ll point to the NVDACon area. In the future, we do need nvdacon.org at some point (Jamie, I uess we need nvdacon.nvda-project.org at some point too).

[...]

I wonder if nvdacon.nvda-community.org would make more sense. I can set this up easily enough.

On 31/03/2016 6:13 PM, derek riemer wrote:
[...]

Executive Director, NV Access Limited
Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess
SIP: jamie@...

Hi Jamie,

I think that would be much better given that we’re targeting international audience who’d like to know more about NVDA gatherings around the world.