Topics

Notes of today's meeting

Adriani Botez

Dear all,

thank you very much especially to the participants of today’s meeting. It was a very productive conversation. Here are the notes of the meeting.

Notes of third meeting on 13.04.2019

Conference dates

NV Access is flexible between august and october. We will let people decide in call for topics letter which time in august is best for them and we will see in the next meeting what we have.

Theme for the conference

Good idea from Bhavyah: After the presenters are known, a theme will be established.

A call for topics will be reviewed and posted on the lists and promo channels as soon as possible.

Key note Translation in the spanish community

  • The spanish community explored different ideas and proposes following:
    • Youtube streaming is technically complicated and there is no experience in the spanish community with youtube streaming and simultaneous translation.
    • Simultaneous Translation of keynote live on teamtalk server could be very challenging for the translator and would require lot of speed.
    • Thus, Keynote will be translated after the live keynote and will be broadcasted to the spanish community at the same time with the replay for european and asian people on sunday.
    • For the Q&A session, NV Access will move to the spanish server after the european and asian Q&A session is finished. The Translator can comunicate the questions to NV Access and translate the answers to the spanish community.
    • This approach will work for one additional language but it should remain an exception. NV Access is ready to do it.

Promotion work

  • First of all we should contact the presenters, establish topics and theme and then promote it on radio stations and official channels. Laura will write a final draft for call for topics which will be posted on website and other channels.
  • Adriani will add a column in the spreadsheet to show the person in charge for certain groups.
  • Shaun will help with audio promotion (community promotion audio sample, radio stations etc.).

Next steps until next meeting

  • Send call for topics letter to mail lists and other NVDA related groups
  • Establish accounts for the website, access to promo channels etc (partly done already).

When do we need to have all topic submissions in by?
I am working on the letter now.

[...]

I have sent you a skype message just now with a proposal for a letter, you
might want to edit it if you like.

I would say May 31th would be a good time, about two or three months before
the conference.

[...]

I did not see that on Skype. but I have one that I am about to send to the
mailing list.
I took the one from 2017 and changed some stuff on there.

[...]

Minako Nonogaki

Dear all

Thank you for 3rd NVDACon meeting!
This is Minako Nonogaki from Japan.
And I attended(maybe only said good night).

Also in Japan, as same as Spain, most people have language barrier for
attending NVDACon conference.
So I'm now thinking about using dictation and translation App for
iPhone, the name is "UD talk".

UDtalk
https://udtalk.jp/en/

Using this App, spoken English is dictated into texts and translated
into other languages only a few time delay. The texts and translations
can be broadcasted online via URL and received by listener using NVDA
and Windows PC, or VoiceOver and iPhone.
Recognition is not perfect, but most of contents would be
understandable I think.
I'll do some tests using records of last year conference.

And I want to apply as a speaker of NVDACon 2019. I'll answer the mail
of calling for speakers.
I'd like to speak about simple and low price braille display Orbit
Reader 20 and NVDA.

Sincerely
Minako Nonogaki