Topics

Notes of the second meetin on March 17th

Adriani Botez

Dear all,

please find below the notes of the second meeting.

Current organizing status (discussions with NV Access, g-suite, conference dates)

  • A contributors dinner took place at CSun 2019 where several people met face to face.
  • G-Suite is created and a limited number of individual accounts could be set up. This needs to be discussed in more detail with NV Access.
  • Conference dates: We will discuss this in a separate meeting where Quentin can join (end of april could be suitable but we should try to get him earlier on a meeting).
  • Preliminary schedule will probably be posted one month in advance of the conference.

Board members

  • Derek and Adriani are the cochairs for this year. Laura is the promotion coordinator. The position for audio editing coordinator is still open.

NVDACon on Youtube

  • Youtube channel has been set up to stream NVDACon live. Hopefully this will allow more broad participation. Captions will also allow deaf blind people to participate. Some things still have to be discussed (i.e. video background etc.).
  • This may allow the spanish community to translate the conference and rebroadcast in spanish. In an early NVDACon  polish translation was a success. Joseph has experience with that. Derek and Adriani will reach out to the spanish user and discuss how the translation will really work. The options are:
  1. Stream in parallel on a second server and translate instantly (concern: what if the connection of the translator breaks and we do not get notified accordingly?)
  2. Stream on Youtube and translate instantly, the translator must switch between Youtube and Teamtalk
  3. Take the recording, translate it separately and play it on the second server for the spanish community. Then, collect questions and either get in touch with NV Access independently or give us translated questions and we forward them to NV Access (requires less ressources and is not so vulnerable to connection issues).

Laura on promotions

  • Laura wants to get the conference into access world. The conference needs to be planned out by the previous month before to get us in. She will also edit the excel promo sheet and a promotion team will be set up soon. She could reach to the translators with a message for promo (i.e. promote something bigger first like impact of NVDA and then talk about NVDACon itself).

Best regards

Adriani