Notes for Feb 12, 2018


derek riemer
 

Notes, Feb 12, 2018, 01:00 UTC


  • Conference call for topics

    • Reuse last years letter? (No no votes).

    • Site admins can post it when ready. Ask us for confirmation first, we should have someone QA check the post.

  • Volunteer to reach out to microsoft a11y for a session idea.

    • Maybe reach out to msftEnable, or a couple of contacts Derek/Joseph/others have whose details won’t be put in a public location.

    • Give them a couple of hints on what to speak on. But keep it up to them.

  • Someone ask the all powerful Jamie if Mozilla wants to have a session.

  • Brainstorm authors to speak from addons community, go!

    • Tony Malykh

    • André-Abush Clause

    • Javi Dominguez

    • Abdel

    • Jose Manuel Delicado

    • Damien Sykes-Lindley

    • … Suggestions welcome, a public announcement will shortly be sent to nvda-addons on groups.io asking addon developers to inform the committee if they want to give a lightning talk on their addon.

    • Personal invites will be sent out to each of them after a selection process by the committee.

  • Date of NVDACon, specifically keynote for NVAccess, (mid/end May/early June) Last may weekend???( May 27/28 keynote) but maybe not, that’s America memorial day.


  • Ethan stats update on the conference.

    • See the bottom of these notes for a table of stats. Note that download stats are believed to be incorrect and malfunctioning.

  • Laura wants to do a mainstream PSA on radio, we need promo ideas for a mainstream PSA.

  • Access world, if we get the date solidified soon.

  • If it’s a good promo, we can use the promo for other blindness related audio potentially.

  • We forgot to finish the survey, to be sent out when possible

    • We need to add questions to the survey, reach out if you want to do this.

  • advertising the con. We should reach out to:

    • ACB Radio

    • Edified Access Radio

    • The station in india

  • Moving forward: Try to leave the meeting at this slot in time, it works both for America and Austrailia. Do we have any Europeans interested in planning? If so, we should reevaluate.


Overview

Users Online:

0


Visitor

Visit

Today:

43

207

Yesterday:

39

176

Last 7 Days:

393

2,196

Last 30 Days:

2,284

9,025

Last 365 Days:

28,128

139,159

Total:

28,128

139,159

Top 10 Browsers

1.      Firefox (11,343)

2.      Chrome (6,820)

3.      Safari (5,265)

4.      MSIE (1,012)

5.      Edge (794)

1 - Home

Visits: 11,063

2 - Past Conferences

Visits: 3,2293 - NVDACon 2017: May 19th through 21st, 2017

Visits: 1,299

4 - NVDACon 2017 Program and Schedule

Visits: 1,075

5 - How to join us

Visits: 716

6 - Contact Us

Visits: 126


  Name

Clicks / Uniq

2017 Promo

26/26

2017 Open Forum

40/36

2017 Windows 10

30/30

Non code contributions

68/67

2017 keynote

27/26

Lightning Talk 3, 2017

23/22

Lightning Talk 2, 2017

23/22

Lightning Talk 1, 2017

27/26

Google Conference 2017

7/34

Something might be wrong with the mp3 data. Investigation ongoing.



--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



Adriani Botez
 

Dear all,

 

please see my comments in brackets below.

 

 

Best

Adriani

 

 

Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] Im Auftrag von derek riemer
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Februar 2018 23:17
An: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Betreff: [NVDACon] Notes for Feb 12, 2018

 

Notes, Feb 12, 2018, 01:00 UTC

 

  • Conference call for topics
    • Reuse last years letter? (No no votes).
    • Site admins can post it when ready. Ask us for confirmation first, we should have someone QA check the post.
  • Volunteer to reach out to microsoft a11y for a session idea.
    • Maybe reach out to msftEnable, or a couple of contacts Derek/Joseph/others have whose details won’t be put in a public location.
    • Give them a couple of hints on what to speak on. But keep it up to them.

[Adi: I could reach out the german accessibility team, I have a contact there. But I am ready to speak with other contacts proposed by you as well. I would firstly like to have a short brainstorming on which topics could be presented from your point of view. I suggest i.e. future of accessibility APIs, how can our community contribute to the development? What is Microsoft’s plan for the future?]

 

  • Someone ask the all powerful Jamie if Mozilla wants to have a session.
  • Brainstorm authors to speak from addons community, go!
    • Tony Malykh
    • André-Abush Clause
    • Javi Dominguez
    • Abdel
    • Jose Manuel Delicado
    • Damien Sykes-Lindley
    • … Suggestions welcome, a public announcement will shortly be sent to nvda-addons on groups.io asking addon developers to inform the committee if they want to give a lightning talk on their addon.
    • Personal invites will be sent out to each of them after a selection process by the committee.

[Adi: I propose contacting Tuukka Ojala as well.]

 

  • Date of NVDACon, specifically keynote for NVAccess, (mid/end May/early June) Last may weekend???( May 27/28 keynote) but maybe not, that’s America memorial day.
  • If Quentin is here, ask about zoom.

 

  • Ethan stats update on the conference.
    • See the bottom of these notes for a table of stats. Note that download stats are believed to be incorrect and malfunctioning.
  • Laura wants to do a mainstream PSA on radio, we need promo ideas for a mainstream PSA.
  • Access world, if we get the date solidified soon.
  • If it’s a good promo, we can use the promo for other blindness related audio potentially.
  • We forgot to finish the survey, to be sent out when possible
    • We need to add questions to the survey, reach out if you want to do this.

[Adi: I would like to add questions. Is there a draft of this survey?]

 

  • advertising the con. We should reach out to:
    • ACB Radio
    • Edified Access Radio
    • The station in india
  • Moving forward: Try to leave the meeting at this slot in time, it works both for America and Austrailia. Do we have any Europeans interested in planning? If so, we should reevaluate.

[Adi: I am interested in contributing. I come from Germany.]

 

Overview

Users Online:

0

Visitor

Visit

Today:

43

207

Yesterday:

39

176

Last 7 Days:

393

2,196

Last 30 Days:

2,284

9,025

Last 365 Days:

28,128

139,159

Total:

28,128

139,159

Top 10 Browsers

1.      Firefox (11,343)

2.      Chrome (6,820)

3.      Safari (5,265)

4.      MSIE (1,012)

5.      Edge (794)

1 - Home

Visits: 11,063

2 - Past Conferences

Visits: 3,2293 - NVDACon 2017: May 19th through 21st, 2017

Visits: 1,299

4 - NVDACon 2017 Program and Schedule

Visits: 1,075

5 - How to join us

Visits: 716

6 - Contact Us

Visits: 126

 

  Name

Clicks / Uniq

2017 Promo

26/26

2017 Open Forum

40/36

2017 Windows 10

30/30

Non code contributions

68/67

2017 keynote

27/26

Lightning Talk 3, 2017

23/22

Lightning Talk 2, 2017

23/22

Lightning Talk 1, 2017

27/26

Google Conference 2017

7/34

Something might be wrong with the mp3 data. Investigation ongoing.



--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 


derek riemer
 

Oh boy, that's not an easy schedule to work out for planning.
I'll get you the form soon, if I don't poke me here, I have a very busy week with interviews and classes this week.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 3:14 PM, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:

Dear all,

 

please see my comments in brackets below.

 

 

Best

Adriani

 

 

Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] Im Auftrag von derek riemer
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Februar 2018 23:17
An: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Betreff: [NVDACon] Notes for Feb 12, 2018

 

Notes, Feb 12, 2018, 01:00 UTC

 

  • Conference call for topics
    • Reuse last years letter? (No no votes).
    • Site admins can post it when ready. Ask us for confirmation first, we should have someone QA check the post.
  • Volunteer to reach out to microsoft a11y for a session idea.
    • Maybe reach out to msftEnable, or a couple of contacts Derek/Joseph/others have whose details won’t be put in a public location.
    • Give them a couple of hints on what to speak on. But keep it up to them.

[Adi: I could reach out the german accessibility team, I have a contact there. But I am ready to speak with other contacts proposed by you as well. I would firstly like to have a short brainstorming on which topics could be presented from your point of view. I suggest i.e. future of accessibility APIs, how can our community contribute to the development? What is Microsoft’s plan for the future?]

 

  • Someone ask the all powerful Jamie if Mozilla wants to have a session.
  • Brainstorm authors to speak from addons community, go!
    • Tony Malykh
    • André-Abush Clause
    • Javi Dominguez
    • Abdel
    • Jose Manuel Delicado
    • Damien Sykes-Lindley
    • … Suggestions welcome, a public announcement will shortly be sent to nvda-addons on groups.io asking addon developers to inform the committee if they want to give a lightning talk on their addon.
    • Personal invites will be sent out to each of them after a selection process by the committee.

[Adi: I propose contacting Tuukka Ojala as well.]

 

  • Date of NVDACon, specifically keynote for NVAccess, (mid/end May/early June) Last may weekend???( May 27/28 keynote) but maybe not, that’s America memorial day.
  • If Quentin is here, ask about zoom.

 

  • Ethan stats update on the conference.
    • See the bottom of these notes for a table of stats. Note that download stats are believed to be incorrect and malfunctioning.
  • Laura wants to do a mainstream PSA on radio, we need promo ideas for a mainstream PSA.
  • Access world, if we get the date solidified soon.
  • If it’s a good promo, we can use the promo for other blindness related audio potentially.
  • We forgot to finish the survey, to be sent out when possible
    • We need to add questions to the survey, reach out if you want to do this.

[Adi: I would like to add questions. Is there a draft of this survey?]

 

  • advertising the con. We should reach out to:
    • ACB Radio
    • Edified Access Radio
    • The station in india
  • Moving forward: Try to leave the meeting at this slot in time, it works both for America and Austrailia. Do we have any Europeans interested in planning? If so, we should reevaluate.

[Adi: I am interested in contributing. I come from Germany.]

 

Overview

Users Online:

0

Visitor

Visit

Today:

43

207

Yesterday:

39

176

Last 7 Days:

393

2,196

Last 30 Days:

2,284

9,025

Last 365 Days:

28,128

139,159

Total:

28,128

139,159

Top 10 Browsers

1.      Firefox (11,343)

2.      Chrome (6,820)

3.      Safari (5,265)

4.      MSIE (1,012)

5.      Edge (794)

1 - Home

Visits: 11,063

2 - Past Conferences

Visits: 3,2293 - NVDACon 2017: May 19th through 21st, 2017

Visits: 1,299

4 - NVDACon 2017 Program and Schedule

Visits: 1,075

5 - How to join us

Visits: 716

6 - Contact Us

Visits: 126

 

  Name

Clicks / Uniq

2017 Promo

26/26

2017 Open Forum

40/36

2017 Windows 10

30/30

Non code contributions

68/67

2017 keynote

27/26

Lightning Talk 3, 2017

23/22

Lightning Talk 2, 2017

23/22

Lightning Talk 1, 2017

27/26

Google Conference 2017

7/34

Something might be wrong with the mp3 data. Investigation ongoing.



--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 




--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website