How to do post-production work in audacity class exercises are now available.

derek riemer

yesterday I mentioned the course to teach potential NVDACon editors how to edit audio, in hopes of getting people interested in helping with post-production of the NVDACon sessions. If you are interested in challenge problems and exercises that are encouraged for those learning audio editing, you can download them at files.derekriemer.com/audacity_editing_class.exe.

Note that this is simply a 7zip self-extracting archive. If you are weary of running executables, you can install 7zip, and unpack the archive from this link (It's the exact same files, just not self-extracting). files.derekriemer.com/audacity_editing_class.7z

Also, under this folder is challenge.wav. This is the audio of the class I ran on teamtalk today. It is unedited, so that you can practice making a post-production ready audio file. In order to compress to mp3 in audacity, you need to install the laime library for MP3 encoding. This is clearly documented on the audacity website http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Lame_Installation

--
Once upon a time, I had a signature. One day, my signature disappeared. The end.