Topics

FW: [Nvda-devel] NVDACon 2016: invitation from Joseph Lee, Chair, NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Committee

Hi everyone,

What’s your comment on the below proposal?

From: Dinesh Kaushal [mailto:dkaushal@...]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 5:34 AM
To: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>
Cc: 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; Manish Agrawal <magrawal@...>; 'Michael Curran' <mick@...>
Subject: FW: [Nvda-devel] NVDACon 2016: invitation from Joseph Lee, Chair, NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Committee

Dear Joseph

I missed the planning notification of NVDA con 2016, and got to know about it when I met Lucy Grey at CSUN.

I am leading NVDA India team that works on enhancing NVDA for employability related issues. So we have added support for Excel charts and working on Microsoft charts, listing worksheets with Excel element list along with renaming worksheet as renaming was not accessible for excel 2016, navigate in excel protected cells in browse mode, ability to navigate in excel forms controls, working on ability to add custom labels for web, added HTML message for format information, and made other changes for language related issues.

Would it be possible for us to make a presentation in the conference  about the work that we are doing?

Best

D    inesh

Mobile: +919718328272

"ACTIVELY SURVIVE OR PASSIVELY DIE" --Ori Hofmekler

* Date: April 22, 23, 29, 30.

[...]

Bhavya shah

Hi Joseph,
Excellent, of course, and I would strongly urge that we should try to
accomodate this by either restricting time limits of other sessions or
something, but two sessions simultaneously occurring is a bad idea in
my opinion, due to the current audience quantity and organisation
management resources we have.
Thanks.

* Date: April 22, 23, 29, 30.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

Hi,
It'll depend on the type of talk some speakers would like to give. I do plan to contact NVDA India team, Kelly Ford from Microsoft, Marco Zehe from Mozilla and others this weekend.
Unfortunately, we may need to have simultaneous sessions in the future if there is huge demand (after all, that's how most conferences work), and this is the reason why I prepared multiple rooms.

* Date: April 22, 23, 29, 30.

[...]

Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen reader for Microsoft Windows To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/ Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2 Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09

derek riemer

Hi Joseph,
Most conferences wait until there are at least a couple hundred people to go duel track. Therefore, I strongly think we should not go duel track until we have enough people to make the amount worth it for fifty in each room.

Sent from my heavily encrypted iPhone.
Please disregard errors as this is a smaller device.

* Date: April 22, 23, 29, 30.

[...]

Ah yes. Perhaps in the future, we might institute this if demand is huge.
At the moment full session spots are full (if it turns out NVDA India would prefer a full session). There is one more Lightning Talk spot left (hopefully a speech synth developer should take that spot; could someone contact Reese once more regarding Espeak or perhaps contact Acapela to see if one of them could be featured in a Lightning Talk?).