Topics

Date planning meeting.

derek riemer

Hi guys:
How about holding a meeting to figure out date availability. I'd like to either bring Jamie or Quentin in for ensuring that NV Access can do the keynote during that date, and to discuss how we should do archives for the past conferences, so will give priority to them for meeting times. I'd also like to hold a quick brainstorming session, and discuss logistics of holding another panel session, based on the NVDACon U.S. panel we held, which was our most attended session.

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

Personal website

lauracornwell

Are you wanting to meet this weekend?

If this is the case  then what ever time will work for me.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2017 5:20 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Date planning meeting.

Hi guys:

How about holding a meeting to figure out date availability. I'd like to either bring Jamie or Quentin in for ensuring that NV Access can do the keynote during that date, and to discuss how we should do archives for the past conferences, so will give priority to them for meeting times. I'd also like to hold a quick brainstorming session, and discuss logistics of holding another panel session, based on the NVDACon U.S. panel we held, which was our most attended session.

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

Bhavya shah

Hi Derek,
I will be unavailable this weekend. Having said that, if there is a
list of specific topics and questions you will be discussing in the
meeting (some of which you have briefly highlighted in your e-mail), I
would send my responses and inputs via e-mail beforehand.
Thanks.

Personal website <http://derekriemer.com>;

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Avid Enthusiast and User of the Free NVDA Screen Reader (www.nvaccess.org)

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Mobile Number: +91 7506221750

Quentin Christensen

Hi Derek,

Sure, let me know when / how you'd like to meet.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:19 AM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Hi guys:
How about holding a meeting to figure out date availability. I'd like to either bring Jamie or Quentin in for ensuring that NV Access can do the keynote during that date, and to discuss how we should do archives for the past conferences, so will give priority to them for meeting times. I'd also like to hold a quick brainstorming session, and discuss logistics of holding another panel session, based on the NVDACon U.S. panel we held, which was our most attended session.

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

Personal website

Training Material Developer

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

derek riemer

Hi Quentin:
We normally meet over Teamtalk. I'm not sure though if josephs server is still alive, and I don't think NV Access has a server for this that's public. We generally meet on weekends in the US, but I can work with your schedule.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:07 PM, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

[...]

michael chopra

Hello everyone. Derek, I'm happy to help out with this. However, I start school next week but could do it Saturday or Sunday New Zealand time? I'm happy to discuss this further.
Thanks.
From Michael.

Sent from my iPhone

On 24/01/2017, at 22:21, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

[...]

Ok great, I've got TeamTalk, just let me know the server details and the time.

Also, happy birthday Derek!

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:21 PM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
[...]

Ashley Coleman

Hey,
I am available whenever works best. I would prefer no later then 8:30 EST.
Ashley

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 24, 2017, at 18:47, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

[...]

Well I don't have a server to be honest.
You can make one yourself, its free to do so I suppose.
We could run it via skype if you wish, as for time, What time would suit you.
We can try tomorrow about 11 am or if you can't suggest a time and I'll see if I can match it.
The next 2 weeks are short weeks due to public holidays on mondays usually I'd move these to mondays.
I am always available at nights my time round 8 pm but thats a bit late I guess.
I can also be able to do things round between 1 or 2 pm my time most days.
To be honest if you can make a slot in my afternoon then there shouldn't be any restrictions.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:07 PM, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@gmail.com>
wrote:

[...]

Hmmm well if I think I have it right, if I pop up setting start times between 6-7 am in the morning then I should be ok for meeting.
Though if others want to handle things that would be fine to.

On Jan 24, 2017, at 18:47, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:

[...]

Basic Training for NVDA & Microsoft Word with NVDA E-Books now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

derek riemer

What time works best for you, and do you have an issue with doing it on a weekend at night American time? I kn know that sucks since it's mid day there, and you may be doing family things, so we can be a bit flexible. I'll try to setup a server for teamtalk for this meeting, Or, we could use skype if people would rather. Also, Quentin, Does Saturday, Sunday, or Monday your time work better?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
[...]

For conference planning meetings, I think it best to get the job done
with a Skype call if that is okay with other organizers.
Thanks.

wrote:

[...]

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

- University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th
year undergraduate student.
- Accessibility enthusiast.
- Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
- Open source enthusiast.
- Skier.

Personal website <http://derekriemer.com>;
--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Avid Enthusiast and User of the Free NVDA Screen Reader (www.nvaccess.org)

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Mobile Number: +91 7506221750

Quentin Christensen

I'm on Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time, which is 11 hours ahead of GMT.  I try to be fairly flexible with availability.  Either Skype or TeamTalk is fine with me.

On 1/25/17, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
> What time works best for you, and do you have an issue with doing it on a
> weekend at night American time? I kn know that sucks since it's mid day
> there, and you may be doing family things, so we can be a bit flexible.
> I'll try to setup a server for teamtalk for this meeting, Or, we could use
> skype if people would rather. Also, Quentin, Does Saturday, Sunday, or
> Monday your time work better?
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Ok great, I've got TeamTalk, just let me know the server details and the
>> time.
>>
>> Also, happy birthday Derek!
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:21 PM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Quentin:
>>> We normally meet over Teamtalk. I'm not sure though if josephs server is
>>> still alive, and I don't think NV Access has a server for this that's
>>> public. We generally meet on weekends in the US, but I can work with
>>> your
>>> schedule.
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:07 PM, lauracornwell
>>> <lauracornwell1@...>

Hmmm not going to work sorry.
I think I'll leave it for someone else to do.

wrote:

[...]

Okay. How does 18:00 my time, 20:00 eastern, Noon Quentin's time, or 1:00 UTC work on Saturday here, Sunday UTC work? Otherwise, Earlier Saturday, say 15 my time, 22 UTC, or 9 Quentin's time (Saturday here, Sunday east of Europe).
in Future, does anyone have a prob lem with me just using UTC for all times and everyone can use the tool at file:///C:/Users/derek_2/Google%20Drive/public_html/date.htm to convert.

lauracornwell

What time would that be for CST?

It should work for me.

Okay. How does 18:00 my time, 20:00 eastern, Noon Quentin's time, or 1:00 UTC work on Saturday here, Sunday UTC work? Otherwise, Earlier Saturday, say 15 my time, 22 UTC, or 9 Quentin's time (Saturday here, Sunday east of Europe).

in Future, does anyone have a prob lem with me just using UTC for all times and everyone can use the tool at file:///C:/Users/derek_2/Google%20Drive/public_html/date.htm to convert.

Ashley Coleman

Hi, all

Either of those times should work for me. Laura check out the link that Derek sent to convert the time.

---

Ashley Coleman

Blinkie Chicks | Social Media Manager

Find us on Twitter:

http://www. Twitter.com/blinkiechicks/

Find us on the web:

http://www.blinkiechicks.com/

Okay. How does 18:00 my time, 20:00 eastern, Noon Quentin's time, or 1:00 UTC work on Saturday here, Sunday UTC work? Otherwise, Earlier Saturday, say 15 my time, 22 UTC, or 9 Quentin's time (Saturday here, Sunday east of Europe).

in Future, does anyone have a prob lem with me just using UTC for all times and everyone can use the tool at file:///C:/Users/derek_2/Google%20Drive/public_html/date.htm to convert.

lauracornwell

I can’t get the link to work and I don’t know  why.

Okay. How does 18:00 my time, 20:00 eastern, Noon Quentin's time, or 1:00 UTC work on Saturday here, Sunday UTC work? Otherwise, Earlier Saturday, say 15 my time, 22 UTC, or 9 Quentin's time (Saturday here, Sunday east of Europe).

in Future, does anyone have a prob lem with me just using UTC for all times and everyone can use the tool at file:///C:/Users/derek_2/Google%20Drive/public_html/date.htm to convert.

derek riemer

Eastern is in there, cst is simple to calculate from that.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 7:55 PM, Ashley Coleman <amc05111@...> wrote:

[...]

I just wanted to make sure this came through. Which day works best to plan this meeting for?