call for topics form:, promotion


lauracornwell
 


Nimer Jaber
 

Hello,

I am wondering whether, for help with scheduling purposes, if it's worth getting the time zone of the individual filling out the form. This way, we know not to schedule a session for that person at midnight their time, for instance. Otherwise, it seems like a simple form. Great job.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Christopher Duffley
 

Yes, that would actually be a great idea! I can definitely include it. Question could be Preferred Time Zone or something, maybe?

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Nimer Jaber
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021 10:57
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Hello,

 

I am wondering whether, for help with scheduling purposes, if it's worth getting the time zone of the individual filling out the form. This way, we know not to schedule a session for that person at midnight their time, for instance. Otherwise, it seems like a simple form. Great job.

 


 

--

Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


 

yes, asking for presenters timezone is very good suggestion.
also if a field asking for phone numbers could added it will be good.
this may be optional so that if some1 doesnt come, or any urgent
change must be made they can be contacted fast.

On 10/11/21, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering whether, for help with scheduling purposes, if it's worth
getting the time zone of the individual filling out the form. This way, we
know not to schedule a session for that person at midnight their time, for
instance. Otherwise, it seems like a simple form. Great job.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 7:42 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@gmail.com>
wrote:


https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevQT8c-t6DBtfxPVUE9Qlwv653gUhLfZlKjB3tthBSL_lAIA/viewform?usp=sf_link


--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!





--
to listen to the Blind Android Users Podcast visit.
www.blindandroidusers.com
To join our mailing list, send those “join requests” to:
blindandroidusers+subscribe@groups.io
You may follow us on twitter using our handle:
@BlindDroidUsers
https://twitter.com/@BlindDroidUsers
We do have a Telegram group that you can join and share stories or
whatever with our members at:
https://t.me/ANATAD


derek riemer
 

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





derek riemer
 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.


On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





lauracornwell
 

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




Nimer Jaber
 

The time zone field is actually a time field, so that won't work. If Google Forms doesn't have a specific type for time zone, then maybe include an edit box where an individual can write in their time zone, or their preferred times for the presentation.


On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Christopher Duffley
 

As I've not been at the comp much after 23:00 UTC and just saw this, I can look at this first thing I'm back at it. I think there was only an answer validation option for time when it was checked. I will look at this again and report back.

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 11, 2021, at 18:03, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


The time zone field is actually a time field, so that won't work. If Google Forms doesn't have a specific type for time zone, then maybe include an edit box where an individual can write in their time zone, or their preferred times for the presentation.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


derek riemer
 

We can use a regexp to validate a timezone or reach out if needed. I think an edit ox should work well enough. The other thing we could do is require timezone name, then utc offset. The utc offset could be validated with -\d{1,2}


On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 9:41 PM Christopher Duffley <christophernduffley@...> wrote:
As I've not been at the comp much after 23:00 UTC and just saw this, I can look at this first thing I'm back at it. I think there was only an answer validation option for time when it was checked. I will look at this again and report back.

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 11, 2021, at 18:03, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


The time zone field is actually a time field, so that won't work. If Google Forms doesn't have a specific type for time zone, then maybe include an edit box where an individual can write in their time zone, or their preferred times for the presentation.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





derek riemer
 

Sorry, that regexp needs to be -?\d{1,2}


On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:05 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
We can use a regexp to validate a timezone or reach out if needed. I think an edit ox should work well enough. The other thing we could do is require timezone name, then utc offset. The utc offset could be validated with -\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 9:41 PM Christopher Duffley <christophernduffley@...> wrote:
As I've not been at the comp much after 23:00 UTC and just saw this, I can look at this first thing I'm back at it. I think there was only an answer validation option for time when it was checked. I will look at this again and report back.

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 11, 2021, at 18:03, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


The time zone field is actually a time field, so that won't work. If Google Forms doesn't have a specific type for time zone, then maybe include an edit box where an individual can write in their time zone, or their preferred times for the presentation.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





derek riemer
 

Or it could even be [+-]\d{1,2}


On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:06 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Sorry, that regexp needs to be -?\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:05 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
We can use a regexp to validate a timezone or reach out if needed. I think an edit ox should work well enough. The other thing we could do is require timezone name, then utc offset. The utc offset could be validated with -\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 9:41 PM Christopher Duffley <christophernduffley@...> wrote:
As I've not been at the comp much after 23:00 UTC and just saw this, I can look at this first thing I'm back at it. I think there was only an answer validation option for time when it was checked. I will look at this again and report back.

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 11, 2021, at 18:03, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


The time zone field is actually a time field, so that won't work. If Google Forms doesn't have a specific type for time zone, then maybe include an edit box where an individual can write in their time zone, or their preferred times for the presentation.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





derek riemer
 



Final thoughts. I updated the description to say the following.

Describe what you want to talk about at this year's conference (e.g. an add-on, what you've done to include NVDA support, etc). If your description is not a solid paragraph clearly describing what you want to talk about, your topic submission will not be considered.

Just putting that last bit in because people unfortunately think it's okay to submit 1 sentence descriptions to a professional conference, and I always end up fielding questions about why we didn't accept them.


Changed lightning clap to thunderclap. We had thunderclaps, which were very short news flashes, and lightning talks, approx 15 min talks.

I think we need a new name for "Fly Through the Wall (How you use NVDA in your work/leisure (approx 15-90 minutes)" I have no idea what that even means. Maybe "informal showcase" or similar?

Added type for community forum (approx 30-60 Minutes) This covers things like Josephs addon session.


Here's how I resolved time zone. Please feel free to suggest edits.
Description:
Time zones are needed so the planning committee can prepare our schedule and schedule your talk during your daytime. You may give a time zone, and must also provide a time zone offset, which you can look up by googling "UTC offset for <time zone>.For example, Googling "Time zone offset for Pacific standard time" gives UTC−08:00.Please enter the time zone offset by writing "UTC" followed by  + or - (plus or dash) then the hour offset, then a colon, then the minutes as a two digit number. For example, UTC-08:00, UTC+09:30. The UTC offset is important for us, because certain regions observe daylight savings time, while others don't, and we need to know your UTC offset during December of 2021.

Final regexp I went with to make sure timezone contains a offset: 
UTC[+-−]\d{2}:?\d{2}



I'm adding two more questions.
The first question asks for  the following consent. If consent is not given to record, the talk simply won't be accepted, and if consent is not given to allow upload to our website, IDK, maybe we should considder not allowing the session.

[ ] I consent to allow NVDACon to record my session.
[ ] I consent to allow nvdacon.org and any associated planning committee members a royalty free, non-exclusive worldwide license to upload my talk to nvdacon.org, for unlimited free viewing by the public.

Please take a look at the new form.
The second question is simply extra notes for the author.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:07 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Or it could even be [+-]\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:06 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Sorry, that regexp needs to be -?\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:05 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
We can use a regexp to validate a timezone or reach out if needed. I think an edit ox should work well enough. The other thing we could do is require timezone name, then utc offset. The utc offset could be validated with -\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 9:41 PM Christopher Duffley <christophernduffley@...> wrote:
As I've not been at the comp much after 23:00 UTC and just saw this, I can look at this first thing I'm back at it. I think there was only an answer validation option for time when it was checked. I will look at this again and report back.

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 11, 2021, at 18:03, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


The time zone field is actually a time field, so that won't work. If Google Forms doesn't have a specific type for time zone, then maybe include an edit box where an individual can write in their time zone, or their preferred times for the presentation.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





derek riemer
 

Please give final approvals by Oct 13, 23:59 UTC.


On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:40 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:


Final thoughts. I updated the description to say the following.

Describe what you want to talk about at this year's conference (e.g. an add-on, what you've done to include NVDA support, etc). If your description is not a solid paragraph clearly describing what you want to talk about, your topic submission will not be considered.

Just putting that last bit in because people unfortunately think it's okay to submit 1 sentence descriptions to a professional conference, and I always end up fielding questions about why we didn't accept them.


Changed lightning clap to thunderclap. We had thunderclaps, which were very short news flashes, and lightning talks, approx 15 min talks.

I think we need a new name for "Fly Through the Wall (How you use NVDA in your work/leisure (approx 15-90 minutes)" I have no idea what that even means. Maybe "informal showcase" or similar?

Added type for community forum (approx 30-60 Minutes) This covers things like Josephs addon session.


Here's how I resolved time zone. Please feel free to suggest edits.
Description:
Time zones are needed so the planning committee can prepare our schedule and schedule your talk during your daytime. You may give a time zone, and must also provide a time zone offset, which you can look up by googling "UTC offset for <time zone>.For example, Googling "Time zone offset for Pacific standard time" gives UTC−08:00.Please enter the time zone offset by writing "UTC" followed by  + or - (plus or dash) then the hour offset, then a colon, then the minutes as a two digit number. For example, UTC-08:00, UTC+09:30. The UTC offset is important for us, because certain regions observe daylight savings time, while others don't, and we need to know your UTC offset during December of 2021.

Final regexp I went with to make sure timezone contains a offset: 
UTC[+-−]\d{2}:?\d{2}



I'm adding two more questions.
The first question asks for  the following consent. If consent is not given to record, the talk simply won't be accepted, and if consent is not given to allow upload to our website, IDK, maybe we should considder not allowing the session.

[ ] I consent to allow NVDACon to record my session.
[ ] I consent to allow nvdacon.org and any associated planning committee members a royalty free, non-exclusive worldwide license to upload my talk to nvdacon.org, for unlimited free viewing by the public.

Please take a look at the new form.
The second question is simply extra notes for the author.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:07 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Or it could even be [+-]\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:06 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Sorry, that regexp needs to be -?\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:05 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
We can use a regexp to validate a timezone or reach out if needed. I think an edit ox should work well enough. The other thing we could do is require timezone name, then utc offset. The utc offset could be validated with -\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 9:41 PM Christopher Duffley <christophernduffley@...> wrote:
As I've not been at the comp much after 23:00 UTC and just saw this, I can look at this first thing I'm back at it. I think there was only an answer validation option for time when it was checked. I will look at this again and report back.

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 11, 2021, at 18:03, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


The time zone field is actually a time field, so that won't work. If Google Forms doesn't have a specific type for time zone, then maybe include an edit box where an individual can write in their time zone, or their preferred times for the presentation.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





lauracornwell
 

Hey looks good on this end goes great work thank you derek and all


On Oct 12, 2021, at 11:24 PM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:


Please give final approvals by Oct 13, 23:59 UTC.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:40 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:


Final thoughts. I updated the description to say the following.

Describe what you want to talk about at this year's conference (e.g. an add-on, what you've done to include NVDA support, etc). If your description is not a solid paragraph clearly describing what you want to talk about, your topic submission will not be considered.

Just putting that last bit in because people unfortunately think it's okay to submit 1 sentence descriptions to a professional conference, and I always end up fielding questions about why we didn't accept them.


Changed lightning clap to thunderclap. We had thunderclaps, which were very short news flashes, and lightning talks, approx 15 min talks.

I think we need a new name for "Fly Through the Wall (How you use NVDA in your work/leisure (approx 15-90 minutes)" I have no idea what that even means. Maybe "informal showcase" or similar?

Added type for community forum (approx 30-60 Minutes) This covers things like Josephs addon session.


Here's how I resolved time zone. Please feel free to suggest edits.
Description:
Time zones are needed so the planning committee can prepare our schedule and schedule your talk during your daytime. You may give a time zone, and must also provide a time zone offset, which you can look up by googling "UTC offset for <time zone>.For example, Googling "Time zone offset for Pacific standard time" gives UTC−08:00.Please enter the time zone offset by writing "UTC" followed by  + or - (plus or dash) then the hour offset, then a colon, then the minutes as a two digit number. For example, UTC-08:00, UTC+09:30. The UTC offset is important for us, because certain regions observe daylight savings time, while others don't, and we need to know your UTC offset during December of 2021.

Final regexp I went with to make sure timezone contains a offset: 
UTC[+-−]\d{2}:?\d{2}



I'm adding two more questions.
The first question asks for  the following consent. If consent is not given to record, the talk simply won't be accepted, and if consent is not given to allow upload to our website, IDK, maybe we should considder not allowing the session.

[ ] I consent to allow NVDACon to record my session.
[ ] I consent to allow nvdacon.org and any associated planning committee members a royalty free, non-exclusive worldwide license to upload my talk to nvdacon.org, for unlimited free viewing by the public.

Please take a look at the new form.
The second question is simply extra notes for the author.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:07 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Or it could even be [+-]\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:06 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Sorry, that regexp needs to be -?\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 10:05 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
We can use a regexp to validate a timezone or reach out if needed. I think an edit ox should work well enough. The other thing we could do is require timezone name, then utc offset. The utc offset could be validated with -\d{1,2}

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 9:41 PM Christopher Duffley <christophernduffley@...> wrote:
As I've not been at the comp much after 23:00 UTC and just saw this, I can look at this first thing I'm back at it. I think there was only an answer validation option for time when it was checked. I will look at this again and report back.

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 11, 2021, at 18:03, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


The time zone field is actually a time field, so that won't work. If Google Forms doesn't have a specific type for time zone, then maybe include an edit box where an individual can write in their time zone, or their preferred times for the presentation.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:40 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

So sorry

 About that . and one more thing we have added the stuff that you asked us to would you all please take   a look when you get time? thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021, 10:57 AM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] call for topics form:, promotion

 

Also, going forward, please put promotion: at the beginning, not the end.

 

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, at 9:56 AM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.

 


 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




 

--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open-source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





lauracornwell
 

Are you guys in promotions are we ready for the code for topics to be sent out? Because if we are I can go ahead and start doing that. Please let me know before I do anything crazy.


On Oct 11, 2021, at 10:57 AM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:


That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





derek riemer
 

We are go for takeoff. Quentin, can you put this in in-process? 

Everyone: The link to promote is https://forms.gle/YFYwnG2GweBXrNDeA

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 4:37 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Are you guys in promotions are we ready for the code for topics to be sent out? Because if we are I can go ahead and start doing that. Please let me know before I do anything crazy.


On Oct 11, 2021, at 10:57 AM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:


That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Quentin Christensen
 

Thanks Derek!

How does this read:

NVDACon call for topics

 

NVDACon is fast approaching!  Happening in early December, it would be great to have you involved.  NVDACon is the premier, yearly, online conference dedicated to NVDA.  It is organised and run by entirely the amazing NVDA community we have all around the world!

 

The NVDACon planning committee have just put out a call for topics, so it’s time to start thinking about what you might be interested in presenting.  Presentations don’t have to be technical, just of interest to the NVDA community.  Past presentations have included:

-         Developers discussing their add-ons

-         Case studies of using NVDA at work

-         Demonstrating Braille displays

-         Learning foreign languages with NVDA

And much more.  Have a think about what you can share, and submit your topic at on the NVDACon Call for Topics form.  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevQT8c-t6DBtfxPVUE9Qlwv653gUhLfZlKjB3tthBSL_lAIA/viewform


(I'll make the "NVDACon Call for Topics form" a link in the blog)


On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 2:41 AM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
We are go for takeoff. Quentin, can you put this in in-process? 

Everyone: The link to promote is https://forms.gle/YFYwnG2GweBXrNDeA

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 4:37 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Are you guys in promotions are we ready for the code for topics to be sent out? Because if we are I can go ahead and start doing that. Please let me know before I do anything crazy.


On Oct 11, 2021, at 10:57 AM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:


That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Nimer Jaber
 

LGTM


On Thu, Oct 14, 2021, 13:47 Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Thanks Derek!

How does this read:

NVDACon call for topics

 

NVDACon is fast approaching!  Happening in early December, it would be great to have you involved.  NVDACon is the premier, yearly, online conference dedicated to NVDA.  It is organised and run by entirely the amazing NVDA community we have all around the world!

 

The NVDACon planning committee have just put out a call for topics, so it’s time to start thinking about what you might be interested in presenting.  Presentations don’t have to be technical, just of interest to the NVDA community.  Past presentations have included:

-         Developers discussing their add-ons

-         Case studies of using NVDA at work

-         Demonstrating Braille displays

-         Learning foreign languages with NVDA

And much more.  Have a think about what you can share, and submit your topic at on the NVDACon Call for Topics form.  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevQT8c-t6DBtfxPVUE9Qlwv653gUhLfZlKjB3tthBSL_lAIA/viewform


(I'll make the "NVDACon Call for Topics form" a link in the blog)


On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 2:41 AM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
We are go for takeoff. Quentin, can you put this in in-process? 

Everyone: The link to promote is https://forms.gle/YFYwnG2GweBXrNDeA

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 4:37 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Are you guys in promotions are we ready for the code for topics to be sent out? Because if we are I can go ahead and start doing that. Please let me know before I do anything crazy.


On Oct 11, 2021, at 10:57 AM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:


That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Christopher Duffley
 

Thanks for this, Derek.

As I've said in my Teams message, here's what I've suggested for a tweet, and also would like to consider a deadline for said announcement. Here's what I was thinking--anyone else's thoughts are appreciated:

NVDACon 2021 will be here before we know it, & it's time for submitting topics! Please submit your topics for consideration in this year's conference by [deadline date] via this link: [form link].

Thoughts?

Christopher Duffley


LINKS TO SUBSCRIBE:


LIKE/FOLLOW Me:


On Oct 14, 2021, at 11:40, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

We are go for takeoff. Quentin, can you put this in in-process? 

Everyone: The link to promote is https://forms.gle/YFYwnG2GweBXrNDeA

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 4:37 AM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Are you guys in promotions are we ready for the code for topics to be sent out? Because if we are I can go ahead and start doing that. Please let me know before I do anything crazy.


On Oct 11, 2021, at 10:57 AM, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:


That'll be absolutely necessary for scheduling, good thought.



-- 
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com








-- 
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com