Topics

An introduction from NVDACon

derek riemer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eyes On Success: Hosts Peter and Nancy <hosts@...>
Date: Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:06 AM
Subject: RE: An introduction from NVDACon
To: Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...>

Derek, Ashley and others,

Thank you for contacting us.  Unfortunately, we cannot livestream anything.  However, we would very much like to do an episode of Eyes On Success about the upcoming NVDACon to spread the word to our listeners around the world.  Episodes are released on Wednesdays, but many Radio Reading Services and Streaming Services air them later in the week.  We’ve tentatively inserted this topic on our schedule for Wednesday, May 10 to best coordinate with the conference.  If you think another date would be better, we could move the episode.

We assume you know about Eyes On Success since you work with Shaun Kane and he has been on the show several times (see links below).  You may not know what goes on under the hood, though.  We record interviews a minimum of several weeks in advance of airing an episode to give ourselves time to edit the interview, construct the episode, edit that and then submit the finished audio file to our distributor enough before the release date.  For more information about Eyes On Success, visit our web-site at www.EyesOnSuccess.net or check out any of the links below our signature.

To do this, we would like to interview you and/or Joseph Lee and/or whoever is the most appropriate spokesperson for NVDACon before April 10.  We can interview more than one person at a time and the interactions are often interesting; besides, that way we can cover more than one aspect of the story.  We prefer to use Skype for best audio quality, but can use a telephone if Skype is not possible.

We live in Western NY, so US Eastern time zone (UTC-5).  As retirees, we can do interviews daytime or evenings, any day of the week.  Please suggest a person(s) and some days & times that would work so we can set up an interview about NVDACon.

Episodes featuring Shaun Kane:

1446 Improving Interactions With New Technologies (Nov. 12, 2014)
1401 Google Glass for the Visually Impaired (Jan. 1, 2014)
1204 1-25-12 Enabling the Blind to Use Touch Screens

The Hosts: Peter Torpey and Nancy Goodman Torpey

Check out Eyes On Success (formerly ViewPoints)

A weekly, half hour audio program for people living with vision loss.

Find out more about the show and get links to past episodes at:

       www.EyesOnSuccess.net

Find the podcast on iTunes or use the URL:

       www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast

Find us on social media at:

       www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess

       www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess

       www.audioboom.com/EyesOnSuccess

Subscribe to the announcements-only list by sending an e-mail to:

       EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe@GoogleGroups.com

Subscribe to the listener discussion group by sending an e-mail to:

       EOS_discuss+Subscribe@GoogleGroups.com

Send suggestions or comments to:

      hosts@...