2020 program and schedule: getting ready for official public distribution

Minako Nonogaki

Hello, I am one of Japanese speakers.
I feel OK for the program proof of our part, and Tetsuro also agrees with that.
Thank you.

Minako Nonogaki

2020年12月2日(水) 午後5:23 Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>:

Hello Again
Here's the newest schedule (simplified Excel version without addresses etc):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/569g8ymhm3ara6w/NVDACon_Session_plan%202020_simplified.xlsx?dl=1
Please proof-read it.
Quentin provided the new description a couple of hours ago.
I slightly altered it for the replay.
Laura sent me the Addon Mania description but I took the liberty to
rewrite it so that it resembles what the three explained in our
meetings.
I'm still not sure about the descriptions for the Japanese sessions.
Nonetheless, Derek has my green light to update the website (urgent!).

On 01/12/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
> Hi Derek
>
> On 01/12/2020, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
>> Sounds good. For what it's worth, we can create a new link for the
>> schedule. However, I kept the link the same as last year in case anyone
>> accidentally clicks the schedule from last year, so they get this year's
>> schedule instead. If you know of a way to do a redirect with wordpress,
>> please let me know, and I'll change the URL.Thanks Robbert for everything
>> on maintaining the conference this year!
>>
> Does this help?
> https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/redirect-wordpress-page/
> Maybe you have to install the redirection plug-in.
>
> Perhaps you should rename the schedule page to something like
> current_schedule instead of using a specific year so that we can
> overwrite it next year as well.
>
> If you find the time today, please update the site so that current
> changes are reflected.
> There will be more modifications be involved further down the line but
> at least the times are now fixed.
> Watch out for the changes for the keynote. I've changed the type from
> keynote to full because it displayed on the website as
> Keynote: Keynote by NVAccess
>
> Perhaps we should change the title instead so that it reads something like:
> Keynote: Annual report for NVDA
> Author: NVAccess
>
> BTW Author sounds queer to me, I would prefer speaker or presenter
> instead, what do you think?
>
> Thanks
> Robert
>

>> On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:37 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Joseph
>>>
>>> We are aware of the wrong domain route (2019)
>>>
>>> I've sent emails out to all presenters (except Laura Guillem  and you
>>> because you were at the meeting).
>>> I had four replies so far. In essence, they agreed with the dates,
>>> titles and descriptions that I proposed.
>>> I had to move Áine 11 hours forward since she lives now in Norway. She
>>> replaces the Nepal session (they didn't react despite three
>>> request/inquiry/reminder emails).
>>>
>>> I'm now waiting for the descriptions of Laura's session and for the
>>> Keynote (both parties are informed).
>>>
>>> We have also some additional material to upload (through Quentin) such
>>> as hand-outs, documents etc.
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Robert

>> --
>> Derek Riemer
>> Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁
>> ⠐⠞⠖
>> •    Accessibility enthusiast.
>> •    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
>> •    Open source enthusiast.
>> •    Skier.
>>
>> •    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com

Robert Hänggi

Hello Again
Here's the newest schedule (simplified Excel version without addresses etc):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/569g8ymhm3ara6w/NVDACon_Session_plan%202020_simplified.xlsx?dl=1
Please proof-read it.
Quentin provided the new description a couple of hours ago.
I slightly altered it for the replay.
Laura sent me the Addon Mania description but I took the liberty to
rewrite it so that it resembles what the three explained in our
meetings.
I'm still not sure about the descriptions for the Japanese sessions.
Nonetheless, Derek has my green light to update the website (urgent!).

On 01/12/2020, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Derek

Author: NVAccess

Author: NVAccess

wrote:

[...]

derek riemer

Sounds good. For what it's worth, we can create a new link for the schedule. However, I kept the link the same as last year in case anyone accidentally clicks the schedule from last year, so they get this year's schedule instead. If you know of a way to do a redirect with wordpress, please let me know, and I'll change the URL.Thanks Robbert for everything on maintaining the conference this year!

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:37 PM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Thanks Joseph

We are aware of the wrong domain route (2019)

I've sent emails out to all presenters (except Laura Guillem  and you
because you were at the meeting).
I had four replies so far. In essence, they agreed with the dates,
titles and descriptions that I proposed.
I had to move Áine 11 hours forward since she lives now in Norway. She
replaces the Nepal session (they didn't react despite three
request/inquiry/reminder emails).

I'm now waiting for the descriptions of Laura's session and for the
Keynote (both parties are informed).

We have also some additional material to upload (through Quentin) such
as hand-outs, documents etc.

> Hi all,
>
> Once Robert greenlights this, NVDACon 2020 program and schedule will be
> distributed on the following NVDA lists:
>
> *     NVDA users list
> *     NVDA Development (nvda-devel)
> *     NVDA Add-ons list
> *     NVDA Translations
> *     Possibly: NVDACon announcement list
>

> By the way, the address for the program says "2019".
>

> Cheers,
>
> Joseph

Thanks Joseph

We are aware of the wrong domain route (2019)

I've sent emails out to all presenters (except Laura Guillem and you
because you were at the meeting).
I had four replies so far. In essence, they agreed with the dates,
titles and descriptions that I proposed.
I had to move Áine 11 hours forward since she lives now in Norway. She
replaces the Nepal session (they didn't react despite three
request/inquiry/reminder emails).

I'm now waiting for the descriptions of Laura's session and for the
Keynote (both parties are informed).

We have also some additional material to upload (through Quentin) such
as hand-outs, documents etc.

On 01/12/2020, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Once Robert greenlights this, NVDACon 2020 program and schedule will be
distributed on the following NVDA lists:

* NVDA users list
* NVDA Development (nvda-devel)
* NVDA Add-ons list
* NVDA Translations
* Possibly: NVDACon announcement list

By the way, the address for the program says "2019".

Hey there, to all I am wanting to thank everyone for helping us this year .and keep up the great promoteing .