Topics

Starting Spanish keynote translation organization for NVDACon 2020

Iván Novegil

Ok, so we've finally found a translator. Some people suggested in our mailing list to publish all answers, method which I would add to replying the user directly with the answer to each of the questions asked by them.

So the planning would be as I proposed on the first thread message, adding answer publishing in our website.

Quentin, thank you very much for your willingness.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es Logo
Comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA | Proyecto NVDA.es
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

O 13/11/2020 á(s) 0:14, lauracornwell escribiu:

That is great to hear and thanks for all you do.’

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 4:31 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Starting Spanish keynote translation organization for NVDACon 2020

Iván, thank you once again for your work on this!  I am happy with whatever works for you and your team.  If you want to collate and send me questions (either for myself, or for others in the team - Mick, James or Reef) I'm happy to get those back to you as quickly as possible for translation if that works?

Or, if we get questions during or after, I am happy to take those and get you answers you can have translated and distributed.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 6:42 AM Iván Novegil via groups.io <ivan.novegil=nvda.es@groups.io> wrote:

Dear all.

After internal approval, we have set some guidelines that will define our proposal to translate, one more time, the NV Access keynote into Spanish. I've already sent them through Skype.

Unfortunately, last year's translator is not available for this one. We are still looking for a new interpreter, but I'm sure we'll found them.

We propose, as main change, to remove the live translated Q&A session after the European re-broadcasting of the keynote, as the participation last year was not as high as to stay up all night to have the keynote translation recorded and edited on time.

So this year our intention is to have Sunday's 6th morning to translate the keynote, and then broadcast it on our own server around 18/19:00h UTC, which is also a good hour for Latin-america, not only for spain as the last year.

Questions, if any, would be submitted to us, both before and after the keynote, through our support system at soporte@..., social media, and so on. then we would forward them translated to NV Access, and get back to the user with their response.

Please, feel free to give feedback, it is very appreciated. Specially @Robert and @Quentin, please review this proposal and give me your OK. the coordination we need with this system would be minimal, but it is important to have agreement between all the implied parties. I think we should also stablish a stronger coordination mechanism, as this mailing list didn't fully worked last year for that purpose.

Best regards.

--

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es Logo
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

lauracornwell

That is great to hear and thanks for all you do.’

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 4:31 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Starting Spanish keynote translation organization for NVDACon 2020

Iván, thank you once again for your work on this!  I am happy with whatever works for you and your team.  If you want to collate and send me questions (either for myself, or for others in the team - Mick, James or Reef) I'm happy to get those back to you as quickly as possible for translation if that works?

Or, if we get questions during or after, I am happy to take those and get you answers you can have translated and distributed.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 6:42 AM Iván Novegil via groups.io <ivan.novegil=nvda.es@groups.io> wrote:

Dear all.

After internal approval, we have set some guidelines that will define our proposal to translate, one more time, the NV Access keynote into Spanish. I've already sent them through Skype.

Unfortunately, last year's translator is not available for this one. We are still looking for a new interpreter, but I'm sure we'll found them.

We propose, as main change, to remove the live translated Q&A session after the European re-broadcasting of the keynote, as the participation last year was not as high as to stay up all night to have the keynote translation recorded and edited on time.

So this year our intention is to have Sunday's 6th morning to translate the keynote, and then broadcast it on our own server around 18/19:00h UTC, which is also a good hour for Latin-america, not only for spain as the last year.

Questions, if any, would be submitted to us, both before and after the keynote, through our support system at soporte@..., social media, and so on. then we would forward them translated to NV Access, and get back to the user with their response.

Please, feel free to give feedback, it is very appreciated. Specially @Robert and @Quentin, please review this proposal and give me your OK. the coordination we need with this system would be minimal, but it is important to have agreement between all the implied parties. I think we should also stablish a stronger coordination mechanism, as this mailing list didn't fully worked last year for that purpose.

Best regards.

--

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es Logo
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

--

Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

Kind regards

Quentin.

Dear all.

Best regards.

--

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es Logo
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

--
Quentin Christensen

Iván Novegil

Dear all.

Best regards.

--

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es Logo
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es