Date   
Re: Meeting rescheduling

lauracornwell
 

I can do it.

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adriani Botez
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:52 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Meeting rescheduling

 

Dear all,

 

I forgot that on Sunday there is father’s day in some regionsof the world. Some people annot attend on Sunday. So let’s reschedule the meeting.

 

How about Friday, june 14th 21:00 UTC?

 

Alternatively we could meet on Sunday, June 30th at 16:00 UTC.

 

Best

Adriani

 

Meeting rescheduling

Adriani Botez
 

Dear all,

 

I forgot that on Sunday there is father’s day in some regionsof the world. Some people annot attend on Sunday. So let’s reschedule the meeting.

 

How about Friday, june 14th 21:00 UTC?

 

Alternatively we could meet on Sunday, June 30th at 16:00 UTC.

 

Best

Adriani

 

Re: NVDACon meeting on 16th june

derek riemer
 

What?


On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 2:02 PM Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles <luiscarlosgm@...> wrote:
ốp I forgot! Don't know but ai I'm ẩde not cause of my father. I'm afrade not cause of my father.

derek riemer wrote:
I'll try to attend, but it's fathers day here, and my family will be doing dinner with my dad.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 12:22 PM Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:

Dear all,

 

the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




Re: NVDACon meeting on 16th june

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles
 

ốp I forgot! Don't know but ai I'm ẩde not cause of my father. I'm afrade not cause of my father.

derek riemer wrote:

I'll try to attend, but it's fathers day here, and my family will be doing dinner with my dad.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 12:22 PM Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:

Dear all,

 

the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: NVDACon meeting on 16th june

derek riemer
 

I'll try to attend, but it's fathers day here, and my family will be doing dinner with my dad.


On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 12:22 PM Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:

Dear all,

 

the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




Re: NVDACon meeting on 16th June

lauracornwell
 

I should be around at that time.

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adriani Botez
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 1:22 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] NVDACon meeting on 16th june

 

Dear all,

 

the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 

Re: NVDACon meeting on 16th june

Quentin Christensen
 

Pretty sure that's my Monday 7am, I'll endeavour to be there.

Quentin.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 4:22 AM Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:

Dear all,

 

the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!

Re: NVDACon meeting on 16th june

Minako Nonogaki
 

Hi.
I can attend the meeting until 21:30 UTC.
I'm sorry I can't fully attend.

Minako Nonogaki

2019年6月11日(火) 11:45 Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles <luiscarlosgm@...>:


Hi,
if I have enough tyme, I can join the meeting.
Thanks.

Adriani Botez wrote:

Dear all,



the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.



Best

Adriani






Re: NVDACon meeting on 16th june

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles
 

Hi,
if I have enough tyme, I can join the meeting.
Thanks.

Adriani Botez wrote:

Dear all,

 

the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 


Re: NVDACon meeting on 16th june

 

Hi,

Provided that I have no conflicts then, I’ll try my best to attend – at least to propose audio promo for this year again.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adriani Botez
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 11:22 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] NVDACon meeting on 16th june

 

Dear all,

 

the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 

NVDACon meeting on 16th june

Adriani Botez
 

Dear all,

 

the next meeting is planned on June 16th 2019 at 21:00 UTC. Who is able to participate? Please reply to this e-mail.

 

Best

Adriani

 

 

Re: this is a draft of a letter that will be going out to mailing list and to groups for calling all topics.

lauracornwell
 

Would you please put it up on the site?

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:11 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] this is a draft of a letter that will be going out to mailing list and to groups for calling all topics.

Ping on this

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 2:26 PM derek riemer via Groups.Io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io <mailto:gmail.com@groups.io> > wrote:


Looks good. There's one edit needing made .

released at a future time.You all get to help us decide what weekend to have it.
The beginning of that sentence runs into the end of the previous one. Please separate them.


On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 1:30 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@... <mailto:lauracornwell1@...> > wrote:










--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com












--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com

Re: NVDACon 2019 - community survey

Adriani Botez
 

Dear all,

 

note that the survey will end on Thursday next week at latest. Please don’t forget to complete it.

 

For the translators: please spread it in your user lists and in your countries to give as many people as possible the chance to obtain for their favorite weekend.

 

Thanks and best regards

Adriani

 

 

 

Von: adriani.botez@... <adriani.botez@...>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. April 2019 18:14
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io; nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io; nvda-translations@groups.io; intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Cc: info@...; 'James Teh' <jamie@...>; 'Daniel Mayr' <info@...>; 'Pawolleck, Sascha, Landratsamt-Altoetting' <Sascha.Pawolleck@...>
Betreff: NVDACon 2019 - community survey

 

Dear all,

 

as we are preparing this year’s NVDACon, our goal this year is to engage the community in the preparation process more than before. For this purpose we have created a small survey which should reveal an optimal date for the conference, convenient for most of us.

 

In case you intend to participate at the conference, please complete this survey by chosing the weekend or weekends in august which are most convenient for you. You can choose more than one option. The conference will take place during the weekend which has been chosen by most people.

 

Please take two minutes and access the survey at

https://doodle.com/poll/sd5ubgyrbhibm5bw

 

To complete the survey, please don’t use firefox because the survey is not completely accessible in that browser.

 

Feel free to distribute this survey throughout your networks, so we reach as many people as possible.

 

We are lloking forward to having you on this year’s NVDACon!

 

 

Best regards

 

 

Adriani Botez

Cochair of NVDACon

NVDA Comunity Conference (NVDACon)

Website: https://www.nvdacon.org/

Email: info@...

Teamtalk server: tt://nvdacon.org/?tcpport=10333&udpport=10333

 

 

Re: this is a draft of a letter that will be going out to mailing list and to groups for calling all topics.

derek riemer
 

Ping on this


On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 2:26 PM derek riemer via Groups.Io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks good. There's one edit needing made .
released at a future time.You all get to help  us decide what weekend to have it. 
The beginning of that sentence runs into the end of the previous one. Please separate them.

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 1:30 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

             



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




NVDACon 2019 - community survey

Adriani Botez
 

Dear all,

 

as we are preparing this year’s NVDACon, our goal this year is to engage the community in the preparation process more than before. For this purpose we have created a small survey which should reveal an optimal date for the conference, convenient for most of us.

 

In case you intend to participate at the conference, please complete this survey by chosing the weekend or weekends in august which are most convenient for you. You can choose more than one option. The conference will take place during the weekend which has been chosen by most people.

 

Please take two minutes and access the survey at

https://doodle.com/poll/sd5ubgyrbhibm5bw

 

To complete the survey, please don’t use firefox because the survey is not completely accessible in that browser.

 

Feel free to distribute this survey throughout your networks, so we reach as many people as possible.

 

We are lloking forward to having you on this year’s NVDACon!

 

 

Best regards

 

 

Adriani Botez

Cochair of NVDACon

NVDA Comunity Conference (NVDACon)

Website: https://www.nvdacon.org/

Email: info@...

Teamtalk server: tt://nvdacon.org/?tcpport=10333&udpport=10333

 

 

Re: this is a draft of a letter that will be going out to mailing list and to groups for calling all topics.

derek riemer
 

Looks good. There's one edit needing made .
released at a future time.You all get to help  us decide what weekend to have it. 
The beginning of that sentence runs into the end of the previous one. Please separate them.


On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 1:30 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

             



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




Re: Notes of today's meeting

Minako Nonogaki
 

Dear all

Thank you for 3rd NVDACon meeting!
This is Minako Nonogaki from Japan.
And I attended(maybe only said good night).

Also in Japan, as same as Spain, most people have language barrier for
attending NVDACon conference.
So I'm now thinking about using dictation and translation App for
iPhone, the name is "UD talk".

UDtalk
https://udtalk.jp/en/

Using this App, spoken English is dictated into texts and translated
into other languages only a few time delay. The texts and translations
can be broadcasted online via URL and received by listener using NVDA
and Windows PC, or VoiceOver and iPhone.
Recognition is not perfect, but most of contents would be
understandable I think.
I'll do some tests using records of last year conference.

And I want to apply as a speaker of NVDACon 2019. I'll answer the mail
of calling for speakers.
I'd like to speak about simple and low price braille display Orbit
Reader 20 and NVDA.

Sincerely
Minako Nonogaki

this is a draft of a letter that will be going out to mailing list and to groups for calling all topics.

lauracornwell
 

             

Re: Notes of today's meeting

lauracornwell
 

I did not see that on Skype. but I have one that I am about to send to the
mailing list.
I took the one from 2017 and changed some stuff on there.

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adriani
Botez
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 1:42 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Notes of today's meeting

I have sent you a skype message just now with a proposal for a letter, you
might want to edit it if you like.

I would say May 31th would be a good time, about two or three months before
the conference.



-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> Im Auftrag von
lauracornwell
Gesendet: Samstag, 13. April 2019 20:12
An: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [NVDACon] Notes of today's meeting

When do we need to have all topic submissions in by?
I am working on the letter now.

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Adriani Botez
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:52 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Cc: 'Quentin Christensen' <quentin@...>
Subject: [NVDACon] Notes of today's meeting

Dear all,



thank you very much especially to the participants of today's meeting.
It
was a
very productive conversation. Here are the notes of the meeting.








Notes of third meeting on 13.04.2019


Conference dates


NV Access is flexible between august and october. We will let people
decide in
call for topics letter which time in august is best for them and we
will
see in
the next meeting what we have.




Theme for the conference


Good idea from Bhavyah: After the presenters are known, a theme will
be established.

A call for topics will be reviewed and posted on the lists and promo
channels
as soon as possible.




Key note Translation in the spanish community


* The spanish community explored different ideas and proposes
following:

* Youtube streaming is technically complicated and there is no
experience in the spanish community with youtube streaming and
simultaneous translation.
* Simultaneous Translation of keynote live on teamtalk server
could be very challenging for the translator and would require lot of
speed.
* Thus, Keynote will be translated after the live keynote and
will be broadcasted to the spanish community at the same time with the
replay for european and asian people on sunday.
* For the Q&A session, NV Access will move to the spanish
server after the european and asian Q&A session is finished. The
Translator
can comunicate the questions to NV Access and translate the answers to
the spanish community.
* This approach will work for one additional language but it
should remain an exception. NV Access is ready to do it.




Promotion work


* First of all we should contact the presenters, establish topics and
theme and then promote it on radio stations and official channels.
Laura
will
write a final draft for call for topics which will be posted on
website
and other
channels.
* Adriani will add a column in the spreadsheet to show the person in
charge for certain groups.
* Shaun will help with audio promotion (community promotion audio
sample, radio stations etc.).






Next steps until next meeting


* Send call for topics letter to mail lists and other NVDA related
groups
* Establish accounts for the website, access to promo channels etc
(partly done already).







Best

Adriani








Re: Notes of today's meeting

Adriani Botez
 

I have sent you a skype message just now with a proposal for a letter, you
might want to edit it if you like.

I would say May 31th would be a good time, about two or three months before
the conference.



-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> Im Auftrag von
lauracornwell
Gesendet: Samstag, 13. April 2019 20:12
An: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [NVDACon] Notes of today's meeting

When do we need to have all topic submissions in by?
I am working on the letter now.

-----Original Message-----
From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Adriani Botez
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 11:52 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Cc: 'Quentin Christensen' <quentin@...>
Subject: [NVDACon] Notes of today's meeting

Dear all,



thank you very much especially to the participants of today's meeting. It
was a
very productive conversation. Here are the notes of the meeting.








Notes of third meeting on 13.04.2019


Conference dates


NV Access is flexible between august and october. We will let people
decide in
call for topics letter which time in august is best for them and we will
see in
the next meeting what we have.




Theme for the conference


Good idea from Bhavyah: After the presenters are known, a theme will be
established.

A call for topics will be reviewed and posted on the lists and promo
channels
as soon as possible.




Key note Translation in the spanish community


* The spanish community explored different ideas and proposes
following:

* Youtube streaming is technically complicated and there is no
experience in the spanish community with youtube streaming and
simultaneous translation.
* Simultaneous Translation of keynote live on teamtalk server
could be very challenging for the translator and would require lot of
speed.
* Thus, Keynote will be translated after the live keynote and
will be broadcasted to the spanish community at the same time with the
replay for european and asian people on sunday.
* For the Q&A session, NV Access will move to the spanish
server after the european and asian Q&A session is finished. The
Translator
can comunicate the questions to NV Access and translate the answers to the
spanish community.
* This approach will work for one additional language but it
should remain an exception. NV Access is ready to do it.




Promotion work


* First of all we should contact the presenters, establish topics and
theme and then promote it on radio stations and official channels. Laura
will
write a final draft for call for topics which will be posted on website
and other
channels.
* Adriani will add a column in the spreadsheet to show the person in
charge for certain groups.
* Shaun will help with audio promotion (community promotion audio
sample, radio stations etc.).






Next steps until next meeting


* Send call for topics letter to mail lists and other NVDA related
groups
* Establish accounts for the website, access to promo channels etc
(partly done already).







Best

Adriani