Date   
Welcome to NVDA Tenth Anniversary/NVDACon 2016 Planning Task Force

 

Dear NVDA users, developers and supporters around the world:

Welcome to NVDA Tenth Anniversary/NVDACon 2016 Planning Task Force. I’m Joseph Lee and will serve as the chair of this task force. Please feel free to sit down, chat around and discuss topics related to celebrating this huge milestone.

 

The goal of this task force is to plan what we the NVDA community can do to help NV Access celebrate NVDA’s tenth birthday in 2016. Currently, our agenda includes planning and promoting NVDACon 2016, possible fundraiser activities and more.

 

For those on the NvDACon discussion list, please feel free to suggest things we as a community can do. For those on the announcement list, you are more than welcome to participate by joining the discussion group by sending an email to nvdacon+subscribe@groups.io. Important announcements such as dates will be communicate to both groups.

 

Thanks, and once again, I’d like to welcome all of you to a historic moment in the history of NonVisual Desktop Access screen reader.

 

Sincerely,

Joseph S. Lee

 

NVDA Tenth Anniversary Task Force Chair

 

 

Invitation to NVDA 10th anniversary community events.

derek riemer
 

Forwarding here since Dang I forgot to change my sender and sent this from the wrong email account.


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Invitation to NVDA 10th anniversary community events.
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 00:41:10 -0700
From: derek riemer <derek.riemer@...>
To: admin@...
CC: NVDACon@groups.io


To all folks at NV Access:
I am Derek Riemer. I am a member of the NVDA 10th anniversary planning committee. As you may be aware, the NVDA community is planning a number of celebratory and educational events for the 10th anniversary of NVDA coming up in April. On behalf of the NVDA community, I would personally like to thank you guys for producing a wonderful screen reader. We all have had our lives changed by having much better access to computers do to the open sourced nature of NVDA. We would like to invite you guys to be a key part of the NVDA Users and Developers conference which takes place on Teamtalk. We are also planning a number of events as outlined below. We are hoping to promote NVDA throughout the next year and show that it is a cause worth donating to and sponsoring.

Possible sponsorships:

At a planning meeting at the last NVDA Users and Developers conference, a few people discussed events for the next conference; we are aiming to hold the conference over two weekends in April. We hope to reach out to companies and obtain sponsorships (donations to NV Access) for demonstrations and tutorial sessions using NVDA. A possible model we have discussed would include letting companies suggest different tutorials. For example, demonstrating math support with Mathplayer. Would this be something that NV Access would be willing to work with the community on?

Keynote session:

We would like to invite anyone who is part of NV Access to speak to the community about the history and progress of NVDA, and maybe demo any future improvements to NVDA, and allow the community a chance to personally thank you guys. Would this be of interest?

T-shirt sales.

We envisioned creating a t-shirt for NVDA that promoted the screen reader, and maybe allowed people to have tangible proof of their commitment to open sourced accessibility. I would personally love to have a couple of I love NVDA t-shirts to ware, and maybe with a website or some braille on the t-shirt to spark interest among sighted friends who would ask what the shirt is showing. Is this something you guys would have interest in?

Testimonials:

We are also planning to end each NVDA conference day with an NVDA testimonial from someone who NVDA has impacted in a major way. We are looking for NVDA community members and people who have contacted you guys with testimonials to ask them if they would like to record a short clip of audio with a testimonial.

Media promotion

If you guys are interested, we thought about trying to see what loval or national news coverage we could get to explain the use of screen readers.

And the best for last:

As a thanking action from the community, The community would like to thank NV Access for this screen reader, and for making it possible to live a productive life without setting aside substantial funds to afford a commercial screen reader that is simply out of reach for some people. As a result, we the community would like to crowd fund a gift for each of the core NVDA developers. Which gifts would you guys like? We will try our hardest to secure enough funding to obtain a personal gift for you guys, whether that be money to help fund a vacation for Mik, and a new keyboard for Jamie or whatnot. Seriously guys. We are really interested in funding a personal gift as a thank you for the outstanding work on such a useful screen reader. Please inform us what you guys would each like so the community can set up a crowd funding campaign to get this ball rolling.

Sorry for such a long email, and again, thanks for NVDA.
Cheers,
Derek Riemer and NVDA community
P.S. Please write back by replying all so the planning committee receives the reply.

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Non-proffessional website.
Awesome little hand built weather app that rocks!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194



Re: Invitation to NVDA 10th anniversary community events.

Takuya Nishimoto
 

Dear list members,

As Joseph mentioned in the NVDACon 2015.2 recording, Japanese community invited Mick to PyCon JP (Python Conference held at Tokyo, Japan) in 2012.
Aaron Wu and Jerry Wang from Taiwan joined as well, and we had the NVDA workshop as the satellite event of PyCon JP.

The aim of the event was to promote development of NVDA East-Asian language support.
As the side-effect, many sighted Python developers in Japan had chance to know about the visually-impaired computer users.

At that time, we discussed with the PyCon JP committee and prepared so that visually-impaired person can easily attend the PyCon JP and the NVDA workshop.
We prepared simultaneous interpreter to help communicating between English-speaking people and Japanese people.

After that, we are having annual face-to-face conference of NVDA in Japan:
NVDA World 2013 Yokohama (visitors: 170),
NVDA World 2014 Tokyo (visitors: 70),
and NVDA World 2015 Tokyo (visitors: 50).
We use Japanese language and make the audio streaming service available every time.

This year we also started small face-to-face meetings
called “NVDA meet-up” in Tokyo for almost every three month.
Visitors are 20 to 30 persons for each.

It is cost-consuming to have face-to-face meeting even for the domestic community.
We are not always successful, especially in attracting visitors.

However, the recordings of our annual conference are frequently listened by the NVDA users in Japan.
It is good opportunity for local contributors of NVDA, like me, to know what is needed for NVDA and in what way NVDA is used now.

The motivation of our current activity is recruitment of NVDA Japanese team.
Other than the development of localized version of NVDA, we need more translators and testers.

Regarding NVDA ten years anniversary event in world wide,
I wanted to share what the Japanese team experienced and learned as below.

It would be nice to help local community leaders, who want to have their face-to-face, on-line, or virtual events for the anniversary, in their native languages.

--
Takuya Nishimoto
nishimotz@...


2015-11-25 16:42 GMT+09:00 derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...>:

Forwarding here since Dang I forgot to change my sender and sent this from the wrong email account.


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Invitation to NVDA 10th anniversary community events.
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 00:41:10 -0700
From: derek riemer <derek.riemer@...>
To: admin@...
CC: NVDACon@groups.io


To all folks at NV Access:
I am Derek Riemer. I am a member of the NVDA 10th anniversary planning committee. As you may be aware, the NVDA community is planning a number of celebratory and educational events for the 10th anniversary of NVDA coming up in April. On behalf of the NVDA community, I would personally like to thank you guys for producing a wonderful screen reader. We all have had our lives changed by having much better access to computers do to the open sourced nature of NVDA. We would like to invite you guys to be a key part of the NVDA Users and Developers conference which takes place on Teamtalk. We are also planning a number of events as outlined below. We are hoping to promote NVDA throughout the next year and show that it is a cause worth donating to and sponsoring.

Possible sponsorships:

At a planning meeting at the last NVDA Users and Developers conference, a few people discussed events for the next conference; we are aiming to hold the conference over two weekends in April. We hope to reach out to companies and obtain sponsorships (donations to NV Access) for demonstrations and tutorial sessions using NVDA. A possible model we have discussed would include letting companies suggest different tutorials. For example, demonstrating math support with Mathplayer. Would this be something that NV Access would be willing to work with the community on?

Keynote session:

We would like to invite anyone who is part of NV Access to speak to the community about the history and progress of NVDA, and maybe demo any future improvements to NVDA, and allow the community a chance to personally thank you guys. Would this be of interest?

T-shirt sales.

We envisioned creating a t-shirt for NVDA that promoted the screen reader, and maybe allowed people to have tangible proof of their commitment to open sourced accessibility. I would personally love to have a couple of I love NVDA t-shirts to ware, and maybe with a website or some braille on the t-shirt to spark interest among sighted friends who would ask what the shirt is showing. Is this something you guys would have interest in?

Testimonials:

We are also planning to end each NVDA conference day with an NVDA testimonial from someone who NVDA has impacted in a major way. We are looking for NVDA community members and people who have contacted you guys with testimonials to ask them if they would like to record a short clip of audio with a testimonial.

Media promotion

If you guys are interested, we thought about trying to see what loval or national news coverage we could get to explain the use of screen readers.

And the best for last:

As a thanking action from the community, The community would like to thank NV Access for this screen reader, and for making it possible to live a productive life without setting aside substantial funds to afford a commercial screen reader that is simply out of reach for some people. As a result, we the community would like to crowd fund a gift for each of the core NVDA developers. Which gifts would you guys like? We will try our hardest to secure enough funding to obtain a personal gift for you guys, whether that be money to help fund a vacation for Mik, and a new keyboard for Jamie or whatnot. Seriously guys. We are really interested in funding a personal gift as a thank you for the outstanding work on such a useful screen reader. Please inform us what you guys would each like so the community can set up a crowd funding campaign to get this ball rolling.

Sorry for such a long email, and again, thanks for NVDA.
Cheers,
Derek Riemer and NVDA community
P.S. Please write back by replying all so the planning committee receives the reply.

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Non-proffessional website.
Awesome little hand built weather app that rocks!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194




Welcome to you all and our first business item: to whom should we promote our events?

 

Hi folks,

First, a happy Thanksgiving weekend for those celebrating it (including me).

I’d like to welcome you all to the planning task force for NvDACon 2016 and other tenth anniversary events. This forum will serve as our mini conference to gather ideas for celebrating this huge milestone for NVDA next year.

Our first item for business is event promotions. Currently Derek Riemer (one of the committee members) have sent an invitation to various groups, including staff at Microsoft and NV Access, faculty at his college and others, and I have just sent a tweet to Python Software Foundation (PSF) asking for helping us with planning the events and a chance to connect with other Python developers. Thus we would like to hear from you as to who should we contact next, as it is important that we get the word out to many people in order to make our tenth anniversary events successful. Also, if you have event suggestions and comments, please do let this forum know. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Joseph

NVDA Tenth Anniversary Planning Task Force Chair

 

FW: [nvda-addons] Publicizing NVDA

 

Hi,
This could be an excellent use of media promotion. Let us know if you have
any suggestions and comments. Thanks.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons-bounce@...
[mailto:nvda-addons-bounce@...] On Behalf Of Jim Homme
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 12:20 PM
To: nvda-addons (nvda-addons@...) <nvda-addons@...>
Subject: [nvda-addons] Publicizing NVDA

Hi,
This message is for Jamie, Mick, and Joseph. Joyce Bender, who owns the
company I work for has said that she would devote an episode of her Internet
radio show, called Disability Matters, to talking about NVDA, and the
up-coming ten-year anniversary. The show is aired at 2:00 PM US Eastern,
which is 19:00 UTC, if my math is correct. In our discussions, we talked
about the possibility of pre-recording the show to accommodate for the time
difference for Jamie and Mick. I'm in the process of finding out when Joyce
is able to do the show. You can go to http://www.benderconsult.com/ and
click over to the site that hosts Disability Matters, if you are interested
in seeing the archives or listening to a live show, to get the feel for how
it might possibly work. I thought of Joseph, because he is a major force in
the add-ons community. If I'm missing someone important, it is totally
unintentional. So please let me know who else should be on the show. We
would want to keep the number of people small. I might also be on the show,
because we use NVDA for accessibility testing at our company.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Jim







==========
Jim Homme,
Accessibility Consultant,
Bender HighTest Accessibility Team
Bender Consulting Services, Inc.,
412-787-8567,
jhomme@...
http://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-s
olutions
E+R=O

Re: FW: [nvda-addons] Publicizing NVDA

Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clcaul@...>
 

Seems good; lets hope that the show really happens.

Cleverson

2015-11-30 18:30 GMT-02:00, Joseph Lee <@joslee>:

Hi,
This could be an excellent use of media promotion. Let us know if you have
any suggestions and comments. Thanks.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons-bounce@...
[mailto:nvda-addons-bounce@...] On Behalf Of Jim Homme
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 12:20 PM
To: nvda-addons (nvda-addons@...) <nvda-addons@...>
Subject: [nvda-addons] Publicizing NVDA

Hi,
This message is for Jamie, Mick, and Joseph. Joyce Bender, who owns the
company I work for has said that she would devote an episode of her
Internet
radio show, called Disability Matters, to talking about NVDA, and the
up-coming ten-year anniversary. The show is aired at 2:00 PM US Eastern,
which is 19:00 UTC, if my math is correct. In our discussions, we talked
about the possibility of pre-recording the show to accommodate for the
time
difference for Jamie and Mick. I'm in the process of finding out when Joyce
is able to do the show. You can go to http://www.benderconsult.com/ and
click over to the site that hosts Disability Matters, if you are interested
in seeing the archives or listening to a live show, to get the feel for how
it might possibly work. I thought of Joseph, because he is a major force in
the add-ons community. If I'm missing someone important, it is totally
unintentional. So please let me know who else should be on the show. We
would want to keep the number of people small. I might also be on the show,
because we use NVDA for accessibility testing at our company.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Jim







==========
Jim Homme,
Accessibility Consultant,
Bender HighTest Accessibility Team
Bender Consulting Services, Inc.,
412-787-8567,
jhomme@...
http://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-s
olutions
E+R=O





Re: FW: [nvda-addons] Publicizing NVDA

Bhavya shah
 

I am excited by this idea too. However, I would propose that, if
possible, one technically knowledgeable and experienced representative
of the 10th Anniversary Planning Task Force also participates, in a
quick session.
Jamie and Mick often do not necessarily promote NVDA, as Zahari often
eloquently puts forward, so someone from the 10th Anniversary Planning
Task Force, maybe the Chair Joseph Lee, should join too, to thank NV
Access as a user and praise the ten years of service this product has
given, and also promoting the celebration event planned next year.
Thanks.

On 12/1/15, Cleverson <clcaul@...> wrote:
Seems good; lets hope that the show really happens.

Cleverson

2015-11-30 18:30 GMT-02:00, Joseph Lee <@joslee>:
Hi,
This could be an excellent use of media promotion. Let us know if you
have
any suggestions and comments. Thanks.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons-bounce@...
[mailto:nvda-addons-bounce@...] On Behalf Of Jim Homme
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 12:20 PM
To: nvda-addons (nvda-addons@...) <nvda-addons@...>
Subject: [nvda-addons] Publicizing NVDA

Hi,
This message is for Jamie, Mick, and Joseph. Joyce Bender, who owns the
company I work for has said that she would devote an episode of her
Internet
radio show, called Disability Matters, to talking about NVDA, and the
up-coming ten-year anniversary. The show is aired at 2:00 PM US Eastern,
which is 19:00 UTC, if my math is correct. In our discussions, we talked
about the possibility of pre-recording the show to accommodate for the
time
difference for Jamie and Mick. I'm in the process of finding out when
Joyce
is able to do the show. You can go to http://www.benderconsult.com/ and
click over to the site that hosts Disability Matters, if you are
interested
in seeing the archives or listening to a live show, to get the feel for
how
it might possibly work. I thought of Joseph, because he is a major force
in
the add-ons community. If I'm missing someone important, it is totally
unintentional. So please let me know who else should be on the show. We
would want to keep the number of people small. I might also be on the
show,
because we use NVDA for accessibility testing at our company.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Jim







==========
Jim Homme,
Accessibility Consultant,
Bender HighTest Accessibility Team
Bender Consulting Services, Inc.,
412-787-8567,
jhomme@...
http://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-s
olutions
E+R=O







--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09

FW: Invitation to NVDA 10th anniversary community events.

 

Hi all,

Below is a response from Jamie from NV Access. Note that not all things he mentioned are final and are subject to change. Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: derek riemer [mailto:Derek.Riemer@...]
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2015 10:45 PM
To: Joseph Lee
Subject: Fwd: Re: Invitation to NVDA 10th anniversary community events.

 

Just fyi. Can we post this to the list with the stuff below?



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

Re: Invitation to NVDA 10th anniversary community events.

Date:

Thu, 26 Nov 2015 14:35:18 +1000

From:

James Teh <jamie@...>

Organization:

NV Access Limited

To:

derek riemer <Derek.Riemer@...>, admin@...

CC:

NVDACon@groups.io



Hey Derek,

First, thanks for the kind words. It's always heart warming to hear about the value of our work to people in the community. Thanks also to you, Joseph and others involved for contributing your valuable time to helping us celebrate NVDA's 10th birthday.

Replies inline:

On 25/11/2015 5:41 PM, derek riemer wrote:

 

Possible sponsorships:

At a planning meeting at the last NVDA Users and Developers conference, a few people discussed events for the next conference; we are aiming to hold the conference over two weekends in April.

It'd be fantastic if this could be in the later part of April due to CSUN being in late March.


We hope to reach out to companies and obtain sponsorships (donations to NV Access) for demonstrations and tutorial sessions using NVDA. A possible model we have discussed would include letting companies suggest different tutorials. For example, demonstrating math support with Mathplayer. Would this be something that NV Access would be willing to work with the community on?

Certainly! It might be worth discussing somehow collaborating more closely on the conference so that the NV Access brand can lend some extra weight/support. We're not the ones running it, so we wouldn't want to claim otherwise, but it could be a community conference in partnership with NV Access or some such.


Keynote session:

We would like to invite anyone who is part of NV Access to speak to the community about the history and progress of NVDA, and maybe demo any future improvements to NVDA, and allow the community a chance to personally thank you guys. Would this be of interest?

For sure. I'm not entirely sure what we'd speak about yet, but I'm certain we can work that out in good time. :)


T-shirt sales.

We envisioned creating a t-shirt for NVDA that promoted the screen reader, and maybe allowed people to have tangible proof of their commitment to open sourced accessibility. I would personally love to have a couple of I love NVDA t-shirts to ware, and maybe with a website or some braille on the t-shirt to spark interest among sighted friends who would ask what the shirt is showing. Is this something you guys would have interest in?

Please keep this amongst yourselves for now; it's not confidential as such, but we don't want it getting a huge amount of publicity before we're ready. As it happens, we're currently looking into selling T-shirts from our soon-to-be-launched online shop. This would obviously allow people to show their support, as well as providing a small revenue stream.


Testimonials:

We are also planning to end each NVDA conference day with an NVDA testimonial from someone who NVDA has impacted in a major way. We are looking for NVDA community members and people who have contacted you guys with testimonials to ask them if they would like to record a short clip of audio with a testimonial.

Video and audio testimonials are certainly something we very much want ourselves for publicity, but they can be tricky to get without a lot of chasing. We do have people who have written with thanks or the like, but for privacy reasons, we can't give out contact details. However, maybe we could post on our blog and/or social media to try to get this happening.
Unfortunately, we can't give out any contact details

Media promotion

If you guys are interested, we thought about trying to see what loval or national news coverage we could get to explain the use of screen readers.

We're certainly happy to be involved in any media coverage. We kindly ask that you run anything by us if it makes any statements that could be construed as being official about NVDA or NV Access, just so we don't have any accidental miscommunications.


And the best for last:

As a thanking action from the community, The community would like to thank NV Access for this screen reader, and for making it possible to live a productive life without setting aside substantial funds to afford a commercial screen reader that is simply out of reach for some people.

Wow! That's a very nice thought and it's very much appreciated. We don't have many ideas right now, but the first thing that both of us thought of was something towards a holiday (travel vouchers or whatever), but I don't know if that's feasible. Neither of us get much of a chance to holiday! :) Aside from that, for me personally, the only other thing I can think of right now is an audio control surface such as the Behringer BCF2000 or similar. We'll let you know if we come up with anything else!

Thanks once again for your work and kind thoughts.

Jamie


-- 
James Teh
Executive Director, NV Access Limited
Ph +61 7 3149 3306
www.nvaccess.org
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess
SIP: jamie@...

 

 

Let the croud funding campaign begin.

derek riemer
 

Let's launch the crowd funding campaign for Jamie and Mik. They as of now would both like travel vouchers. I propose we try and see how much we can get and then split it, anyone have a different idea? Also, how should we setup this bank account so it doesn't look like one of us is raising the money. Does anyone know how crowd funding campaigns like this work?
--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Non-proffessional website.
Awesome little hand built weather app that rocks!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Let the crowd funding campaign begin.

derek riemer
 

resending because I spelled crowd incorrectly.Let's launch the crowd funding campaign for Jamie and Mik. They as of now would both like travel vouchers. I propose we try and see how much we can get and then split it, anyone have a different idea? Also, how should we setup this bank account so it doesn't look like one of us is raising the money. Does anyone know how crowd funding campaigns like this work?
--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Non-proffessional website.
Awesome little hand built weather app that rocks!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Re: Let the croud funding campaign begin.

 

I'd be happy to contribute just not right now.
I have spent hundreds of dollars in christmas and I may have a little bit left over to still go next month.
It depends on how much you could get.
Travel costs a lot depending where it is.
I could put maybe 20-30 maybe 35 dollars towards that.
But since I am allready funding a couple small startup companies on top of everything else I really don't want to put much even those I fund I have reduced to a 30 buck payout every 6 months instead of the rough 70 I got this year to pull one of them online.
Someone needs to tell us what to do.
Now set something on indiagogo which takes paypal and I will bite.
We need prizes for those that donate enough, maybe a 5 dollar a 10 dollar up to what ever 30 maybe a 50 a 70 a 100, 200 and so on and so on.
But what would prizes be, my first thing would be voices for a user for nvda sapi/ normal.
If someone gave me 1000 I could set the prizes maybe.

On 21/12/2015 9:06 a.m., derek riemer wrote:
Let's launch the crowd funding campaign for Jamie and Mik. They as of
now would both like travel vouchers. I propose we try and see how much
we can get and then split it, anyone have a different idea? Also, how
should we setup this bank account so it doesn't look like one of us is
raising the money. Does anyone know how crowd funding campaigns like
this work?

Re: Let the croud funding campaign begin.

Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clcaul@...>
 

I also preffer to pay via Paypal.

Greetings
Cleverson

Re: Let the croud funding campaign begin.

derek riemer
 

I am nnot asking everyone here to contribute, I just want to get this set up.

On 12/20/2015 1:18 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I'd be happy to contribute just not right now.
I have spent hundreds of dollars in christmas and I may have a little bit left over to still go next month.
It depends on how much you could get.
Travel costs a lot depending where it is.
I could put maybe 20-30 maybe 35 dollars towards that.
But since I am allready funding a couple small startup companies on top of everything else I really don't want to put much even those I fund I have reduced to a 30 buck payout every 6 months instead of the rough 70 I got this year to pull one of them online.
Someone needs to tell us what to do.
Now set something on indiagogo which takes paypal and I will bite.
We need prizes for those that donate enough, maybe a 5 dollar a 10 dollar up to what ever 30 maybe a 50 a 70 a 100, 200 and so on and so on.
But what would prizes be, my first thing would be voices for a user for nvda sapi/  normal.
If someone gave me 1000 I could set the prizes maybe.



On 21/12/2015 9:06 a.m., derek riemer wrote:
Let's launch the crowd funding campaign for Jamie and Mik. They as of
now would both like travel vouchers. I propose we try and see how much
we can get and then split it, anyone have a different idea? Also, how
should we setup this bank account so it doesn't look like one of us is
raising the money. Does anyone know how crowd funding campaigns like
this work?




--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Non-proffessional website.
Awesome little hand built weather app that rocks!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

 

Hi,

I’d like to propose that we meet on January 16th to discuss current planning progress and plan the next planning phase. As for time of our meeting, unlike last time, let’s try meeting in the morning in the States (afternoon in Europe, nighttime in Asia). As for meeting place, unless others object to this, let’s meet at nVDA Korea TeamTalk channel (nvda-kr.org).

Please let me know by December 31st regarding this proposal so I can send out an announcement on January 2nd.

Cheers,

Joseph

Re: Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

 

Hmmm I'd have no issue with this it would depend what time it was in new zealand.
if it was something like 10 at night or 9 at night I may be able to manage it.
maybe even stretching it to 11.
However if its at midnight or after it could be a problem.
In fact the earlier my night time the better 8 could be good.
Any earlier and its my dinner but even so if it has to be then so be it.

On 23/12/2015 4:58 a.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to propose that we meet on January 16th to discuss current planning
progress and plan the next planning phase. As for time of our meeting,
unlike last time, let's try meeting in the morning in the States (afternoon
in Europe, nighttime in Asia). As for meeting place, unless others object to
this, let's meet at nVDA Korea TeamTalk channel (nvda-kr.org).

Please let me know by December 31st regarding this proposal so I can send
out an announcement on January 2nd.

Cheers,

Joseph

Re: Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clcaul@...>
 

I think I have no problem with this. What from the US time zones would it be?

Greetings
Cleverson

Re: Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

 

Hi,
Likely early morning my time (around 7 or 8 AM). This is subject to change.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Cleverson [mailto:clcaul@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:28 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

I think I have no problem with this. What from the US time zones would it
be?

Greetings
Cleverson

Re: Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

 

Hmm 7 or 8 am in the morning may be a little early for me but if I need to I can manage it.

On 23/12/2015 12:33 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Likely early morning my time (around 7 or 8 AM). This is subject to change.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Cleverson [mailto:clcaul@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:28 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

I think I have no problem with this. What from the US time zones would it
be?

Greetings
Cleverson





Re: Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

Bhavya shah
 

Hi,
If this date is a weekend day, Saturday or Sunday, then I am okay with it too.
Thanks.

On 12/23/15, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Hmm 7 or 8 am in the morning may be a little early for me but if I need
to I can manage it.



On 23/12/2015 12:33 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Likely early morning my time (around 7 or 8 AM). This is subject to
change.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Cleverson [mailto:clcaul@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:28 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

I think I have no problem with this. What from the US time zones would it
be?

Greetings
Cleverson








--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen
reader for Microsoft Windows
To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09

Re: Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

 

Hi,
One way to accommodate people is if we hold two sessions: one in the morning of the 16th in United Sates to talk to Americans and Europeans, then on in the evening to meet with people living in parts of Asia, Africa and other continents. Once both meetings are finished, one of us can publish a summary as to what happened.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhavya shah [mailto:bhavya.shah125@...]
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2015 8:48 AM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

Hi,
If this date is a weekend day, Saturday or Sunday, then I am okay with it too.
Thanks.

On 12/23/15, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Hmm 7 or 8 am in the morning may be a little early for me but if I
need to I can manage it.



On 23/12/2015 12:33 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Likely early morning my time (around 7 or 8 AM). This is subject to
change.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: Cleverson [mailto:clcaul@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:28 PM
To: NVDACon@groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Next planning meeting on January 16, 2016?

I think I have no problem with this. What from the US time zones
would it be?

Greetings
Cleverson









--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
Using NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) free and open source screen reader for Microsoft Windows To download a copy of the free screen reader NVDA, please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/ Using Google Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2 Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09