Date   

Editing last years recordings

derek riemer
 

We discussed during our meeting that sessions from last year need qa checked and uploaded.
The following spreadsheet has the names of each file. Anyone interested in helping us qa check these, please put your name in the " QA Checker's name" column for that file, and download it from the following drive folder.

Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Security reset of all resources

derek riemer
 

Hello all:
After several weeks of patiently asking people not to post on our NVDACon official channels without first doing diligence to ensure posts are professional, I have decided to change all security credentials on nvdacon accounts to stop the members who are repeat offenders of our do-diligence policy from damaging the conference's reputation. We are no longer a small organization, we're regularly promoting this conference to professional groups, and our social media image must be a reflection of this reality. Furthermore, until people can gain trust that their posts are quality and that they will not be posting half-baked messages that have clear grammar and spelling issues, and until such time as those people properly verify that their messages are so by having someone else look at them if they struggle with grammar and spelling, people will have to submit their posts to a small trusted group of nvdacon members who can update the site, update the posts on social media, etc. This small group of people will grant access as needed and once trust is established. As well, anyone who shares credentials for our organizations without notifying our leads will have this trust revoked. I will contact you if I have enough trust as chair to allow you to safeguard credentials and post, and will ask if you are willing to do so.
Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Reorganizing the committee

derek riemer
 

Hello all:
After nearly a year of disorganization, I am trying to get this committee back into shape for properly planning a conference.
We currently have a form on the NVDACon page, https://www.nvdacon.org/how-to-help-us which I would like everyone to fill out if you are actually interested in helping NVDACon. Gauging based on the number of subscribers to this list, there are at least ten members who are simply on this list to watch. That is fine, but going forward, unless someones name is on the spreadsheet created by this form, I won't be granting access to Google Drive, or other shared resources. Also, only members who are officially resourced have voting power. Additionally, having resources listed makes it easier for the leads to properly utilize the available talent on the list and give order to the committee, so that the actions we take are strategic.
Please fill this form out before our next NVDACon meeting on Nov 7, so I can get a feel for who wants to be included in further NVDACon planning efforts in official capacity and can ensure account access is properly set up to google drive and other such resources.

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: how to edit the website

jenna deupree
 

I believe I answered her statements and offerred her a excellent
contact. I was of course unaware of the volunteer form on the
website at the time or would have ask her to fill it out. at the
time. however, regardless of a person's ability to spell, speak, or
any other difficulty they may have something can always be found for
them that they are capable of doing . even if its simply
brainstorming and letting others know of ideas. No, not every idea is
a good one not even mine but to constructively critisize someone is
far better than to simply toss them out the door.

jenna

On 10/24/21, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
If you call that a dictation mistake or two, I'm glad you're not a leader.

As I requested, please take up any issues with my message privately.

Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 1:57 PM Doug Lee <dgl@...> wrote:

I'm not an NVDACon leader either, but I was appalled that you would so
deride a person who came with a desire to help. If you're worried about
how
well we will be represented by someone who fails to
fix a dictation mistake or two, I'm worried how we are represented by
someone who, with actual will and forethought, undertakes publicly to
jeer
at a newcomer in such fashion. Enough said I'm sure.

My signature quotes are drawn from a small pool at random; I admit I am
most amused by the chance selection for this message.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 04:50:01AM -0700, Nimer Jaber wrote:
That may be the case, but if we want to put on a polished conference,
we certainly cannot be putting out messaging such as the one sent,
whether intended or not, and if dictation was used, that is not an
excuse for proper editing, particularly if you are attempting to
showcase your skills to volunteer for a conference. I do not know why
the message ended up the way it did, there could be all sorts of valid
reasons. Nonetheless, it is not advisable to have an individual
representing a conference with writing like that, unless that task
does
not require writing of any kind. If you feel I'm being harsh, please
write to me privately, but I'm just saying it how it is, as I am not a
leader of con, and can probably get away with saying it. I don't know
how Derek feels, but I suspect that, as a leader, if he did feel this
way, he probably would not post what I am posting here.
Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 4:37 AM Christopher Duffley
<[1]christophernduffley@...> wrote:

Let's just say dictation really screws up with people and if they
don't
know how to correctly use it then you're in huge trouble
grammar-wise...
Here's what I believe she wants to say:
Hello,
My name is Christina and I am interested in the NVDA conference and
how I can help. I am fixing to download NVDAÂ on my computer because
it's more descriptive than JAWS, but I will have JAWS on there too.
Iâm
a user of both.
Sincerely yours,
Christina
Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast:
[2]http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971
12 Pro Max
On Oct 23, 2021, at 16:49, derek riemer <[3]driemer.riemer@...>
wrote:

What?
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer
<[4]hope.palmer19777@...> wrote:

Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference
and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer
becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA
conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my
computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have
jars on there too Iâm a user of both.Â

Sincerely yours

ChristinaÂ


--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few
accomplish
"I am a leader by default, only because nature does not allow a vacuum."
Bishop Desmond Tutu





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!






Re: All: Notes for Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

derek riemer
 

Actually, the notes were correct. It looked as if the first topic was incorrect due to the wording, but I just read it wrong. Nice meeting everyone.


On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 5:26 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
This email used data that has already been cleared. Not sure why. sorry!

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 5:25 PM <info@...> wrote:

Hello. Here are the notes for a meeting near Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

    • Topic: Serious promotion of call for topics needed
    • Description: No call for topics submission has occured. Please send a second round of promotions out. use our verbage if you'd like already vetted language
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Promoting to personal FB pages
      • Haven't promoted much to other sources
      • Can send out other announcements to NVDA list
      • Announcement sent to in-process, twitter, and set up on website
      • Accessworld: Sent community letter and call for topics, will go out this month, radio show mix will go out at 19:00 UTC
      • BlindAbilities Interview done
      • Send Shawn Martin copy of call for topics letter
      • Laura taking over leadership promotions? Will provide list of places to promote, and where past promotions have happened. Derek will help with providing tracking links
      • Add nvdacon+announce to the site
    • Topic: Audio and music needs
    • Description: We should have a promo similar to the intro music we previously had at 10th aniversary. Happy to record, might be willing to edit if someone else on technical won't. However, I need help finding good background music, background music must be able to be purchhased for use with derivative works. Happy to fund it if its not outrageous.
    • sub-committee: technical
    • Notes:
      • Seann has music, will donate, and he will offer to help with editing, has editing experience
    • Topic: backup plan if nobody submits
    • Description: This is the first year nobody has submitted a topic. If nobody submits a topic, discuss next steps. next steps include: * Organizing sessions of our own. Seems like we're holding on to a futile effort if this happens. * cancel the conference. If nobody submits a topic by Nov 15, the community has decided they don't care about NVDACon anymore. * Simply hold a forum and keynote. Seems like community interest is less.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Laura: Continue promoting, can be pushier if needed, can push hard if needed.
      • Sean: Better to cancel this year, and begin earlier next year if needed
      • Chris: Record a keynote, and send that out to individuals, release as a podcast
      • Doug: Knows a person who does podcasts on tech, can see if they are interested in presenting
      • Every conference has an end date, if community doesn't express interest for whatever reason, it's okay, we haven't failed.
      • Nimer is for possible podcast keynote, but not on board with continuing a con if no topics presented
      • Derek may not be leader of Con if con is delayed more than 6 months due to other committments
      • 5 external topics, if we don't get that number, we move forward with back-up plan of cancelling con
    • Topic: move meeting time
    • Description: To better align with dst changes between the northern and southern hemispheres, it may be advantageous for the committee to move our meetings going forward.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Move meeting to 22:00 UTC, consensus amongst committee members
    • Topic: getting the word out more about this years up coming con.
    • Description: I am looking for more ways to get the wor out besides just twette and facebook and some podcasts. d
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Already discussed above
    • Topic: On-boarding volunteers, committee meetings outside of bi-weekly meet, where promotions promotes, use of existing general and c2t letters, scheduling committee, Moving Con date,
    • Description: Do we have a process in place for on-boarding new volunteers and assigning them to committees? Are committees meeting to get progress on action items outside of bi-weekly meetings? Is there a list some place that promotions committee is using to know where to advertise, and what to advertise? Lists of mailing lists, etc. Using call to topics and general letter as a spring-board for announcements to various groups/podcast and content creators. Do we have leadership/list of members for scheduling committee? If not, we should think about assigning such. Finally, should we consider pushing back con? There has been some discussion on Teams whether things are happening too fast, and some are feeling overwhelmed. Or do we feel comfortable with our present date? What work would be involved in moving con if we choose to do that? Updating call to topics letter, providing updates through email lists/social channels.
    • sub-committee: All committees, seems like a pointless question for bi-weekly meets
    • Notes:
      • Derek will organize on-boarding, and communicate new members to volunteers
      • Derek will remove people not interested in helping from the mailing list
      • No point to organizing committee without topics
      • Elana will take on leadership of scheduling

Sincerely,

NVDACon Notes Bot



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: All: Notes for Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

derek riemer
 

This email used data that has already been cleared. Not sure why. sorry!


On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 5:25 PM <info@...> wrote:

Hello. Here are the notes for a meeting near Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

    • Topic: Serious promotion of call for topics needed
    • Description: No call for topics submission has occured. Please send a second round of promotions out. use our verbage if you'd like already vetted language
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Promoting to personal FB pages
      • Haven't promoted much to other sources
      • Can send out other announcements to NVDA list
      • Announcement sent to in-process, twitter, and set up on website
      • Accessworld: Sent community letter and call for topics, will go out this month, radio show mix will go out at 19:00 UTC
      • BlindAbilities Interview done
      • Send Shawn Martin copy of call for topics letter
      • Laura taking over leadership promotions? Will provide list of places to promote, and where past promotions have happened. Derek will help with providing tracking links
      • Add nvdacon+announce to the site
    • Topic: Audio and music needs
    • Description: We should have a promo similar to the intro music we previously had at 10th aniversary. Happy to record, might be willing to edit if someone else on technical won't. However, I need help finding good background music, background music must be able to be purchhased for use with derivative works. Happy to fund it if its not outrageous.
    • sub-committee: technical
    • Notes:
      • Seann has music, will donate, and he will offer to help with editing, has editing experience
    • Topic: backup plan if nobody submits
    • Description: This is the first year nobody has submitted a topic. If nobody submits a topic, discuss next steps. next steps include: * Organizing sessions of our own. Seems like we're holding on to a futile effort if this happens. * cancel the conference. If nobody submits a topic by Nov 15, the community has decided they don't care about NVDACon anymore. * Simply hold a forum and keynote. Seems like community interest is less.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Laura: Continue promoting, can be pushier if needed, can push hard if needed.
      • Sean: Better to cancel this year, and begin earlier next year if needed
      • Chris: Record a keynote, and send that out to individuals, release as a podcast
      • Doug: Knows a person who does podcasts on tech, can see if they are interested in presenting
      • Every conference has an end date, if community doesn't express interest for whatever reason, it's okay, we haven't failed.
      • Nimer is for possible podcast keynote, but not on board with continuing a con if no topics presented
      • Derek may not be leader of Con if con is delayed more than 6 months due to other committments
      • 5 external topics, if we don't get that number, we move forward with back-up plan of cancelling con
    • Topic: move meeting time
    • Description: To better align with dst changes between the northern and southern hemispheres, it may be advantageous for the committee to move our meetings going forward.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Move meeting to 22:00 UTC, consensus amongst committee members
    • Topic: getting the word out more about this years up coming con.
    • Description: I am looking for more ways to get the wor out besides just twette and facebook and some podcasts. d
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Already discussed above
    • Topic: On-boarding volunteers, committee meetings outside of bi-weekly meet, where promotions promotes, use of existing general and c2t letters, scheduling committee, Moving Con date,
    • Description: Do we have a process in place for on-boarding new volunteers and assigning them to committees? Are committees meeting to get progress on action items outside of bi-weekly meetings? Is there a list some place that promotions committee is using to know where to advertise, and what to advertise? Lists of mailing lists, etc. Using call to topics and general letter as a spring-board for announcements to various groups/podcast and content creators. Do we have leadership/list of members for scheduling committee? If not, we should think about assigning such. Finally, should we consider pushing back con? There has been some discussion on Teams whether things are happening too fast, and some are feeling overwhelmed. Or do we feel comfortable with our present date? What work would be involved in moving con if we choose to do that? Updating call to topics letter, providing updates through email lists/social channels.
    • sub-committee: All committees, seems like a pointless question for bi-weekly meets
    • Notes:
      • Derek will organize on-boarding, and communicate new members to volunteers
      • Derek will remove people not interested in helping from the mailing list
      • No point to organizing committee without topics
      • Elana will take on leadership of scheduling

Sincerely,

NVDACon Notes Bot



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





All: Notes for Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

info@...
 

Hello. Here are the notes for a meeting near Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

    • Topic: Serious promotion of call for topics needed
    • Description: No call for topics submission has occured. Please send a second round of promotions out. use our verbage if you'd like already vetted language
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Promoting to personal FB pages
      • Haven't promoted much to other sources
      • Can send out other announcements to NVDA list
      • Announcement sent to in-process, twitter, and set up on website
      • Accessworld: Sent community letter and call for topics, will go out this month, radio show mix will go out at 19:00 UTC
      • BlindAbilities Interview done
      • Send Shawn Martin copy of call for topics letter
      • Laura taking over leadership promotions? Will provide list of places to promote, and where past promotions have happened. Derek will help with providing tracking links
      • Add nvdacon+announce to the site
    • Topic: Audio and music needs
    • Description: We should have a promo similar to the intro music we previously had at 10th aniversary. Happy to record, might be willing to edit if someone else on technical won't. However, I need help finding good background music, background music must be able to be purchhased for use with derivative works. Happy to fund it if its not outrageous.
    • sub-committee: technical
    • Notes:
      • Seann has music, will donate, and he will offer to help with editing, has editing experience
    • Topic: backup plan if nobody submits
    • Description: This is the first year nobody has submitted a topic. If nobody submits a topic, discuss next steps. next steps include: * Organizing sessions of our own. Seems like we're holding on to a futile effort if this happens. * cancel the conference. If nobody submits a topic by Nov 15, the community has decided they don't care about NVDACon anymore. * Simply hold a forum and keynote. Seems like community interest is less.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Laura: Continue promoting, can be pushier if needed, can push hard if needed.
      • Sean: Better to cancel this year, and begin earlier next year if needed
      • Chris: Record a keynote, and send that out to individuals, release as a podcast
      • Doug: Knows a person who does podcasts on tech, can see if they are interested in presenting
      • Every conference has an end date, if community doesn't express interest for whatever reason, it's okay, we haven't failed.
      • Nimer is for possible podcast keynote, but not on board with continuing a con if no topics presented
      • Derek may not be leader of Con if con is delayed more than 6 months due to other committments
      • 5 external topics, if we don't get that number, we move forward with back-up plan of cancelling con
    • Topic: move meeting time
    • Description: To better align with dst changes between the northern and southern hemispheres, it may be advantageous for the committee to move our meetings going forward.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Move meeting to 22:00 UTC, consensus amongst committee members
    • Topic: getting the word out more about this years up coming con.
    • Description: I am looking for more ways to get the wor out besides just twette and facebook and some podcasts. d
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Already discussed above
    • Topic: On-boarding volunteers, committee meetings outside of bi-weekly meet, where promotions promotes, use of existing general and c2t letters, scheduling committee, Moving Con date,
    • Description: Do we have a process in place for on-boarding new volunteers and assigning them to committees? Are committees meeting to get progress on action items outside of bi-weekly meetings? Is there a list some place that promotions committee is using to know where to advertise, and what to advertise? Lists of mailing lists, etc. Using call to topics and general letter as a spring-board for announcements to various groups/podcast and content creators. Do we have leadership/list of members for scheduling committee? If not, we should think about assigning such. Finally, should we consider pushing back con? There has been some discussion on Teams whether things are happening too fast, and some are feeling overwhelmed. Or do we feel comfortable with our present date? What work would be involved in moving con if we choose to do that? Updating call to topics letter, providing updates through email lists/social channels.
    • sub-committee: All committees, seems like a pointless question for bi-weekly meets
    • Notes:
      • Derek will organize on-boarding, and communicate new members to volunteers
      • Derek will remove people not interested in helping from the mailing list
      • No point to organizing committee without topics
      • Elana will take on leadership of scheduling

Sincerely,

NVDACon Notes Bot


Re: how to edit the website

Nimer Jaber
 

If you call that a dictation mistake or two, I'm glad you're not a leader.

As I requested, please take up any issues with my message privately.

Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 1:57 PM Doug Lee <dgl@...> wrote:
I'm not an NVDACon leader either, but I was appalled that you would so deride a person who came with a desire to help. If you're worried about how well we will be represented by someone who fails to
fix a dictation mistake or two, I'm worried how we are represented by someone who, with actual will and forethought, undertakes publicly to jeer at a newcomer in such fashion. Enough said I'm sure.

My signature quotes are drawn from a small pool at random; I admit I am most amused by the chance selection for this message.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 04:50:01AM -0700, Nimer Jaber wrote:
   That may be the case, but if we want to put on a polished conference,
   we certainly cannot be putting out messaging such as the one sent,
   whether intended or not, and if dictation was used, that is not an
   excuse for proper editing, particularly if you are attempting to
   showcase your skills to volunteer for a conference. I do not know why
   the message ended up the way it did, there could be all sorts of valid
   reasons. Nonetheless, it is not advisable to have an individual
   representing a conference with writing like that, unless that task does
   not require writing of any kind. If you feel I'm being harsh, please
   write to me privately, but I'm just saying it how it is, as I am not a
   leader of con, and can probably get away with saying it. I don't know
   how Derek feels, but I suspect that, as a leader, if he did feel this
   way, he probably would not post what I am posting here.
   Thanks.

   On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 4:37 AM Christopher Duffley
   <[1]christophernduffley@...> wrote:

   Let's just say dictation really screws up with people and if they don't
   know how to correctly use it then you're in huge trouble
   grammar-wise...
   Here's what I believe she wants to say:
   Hello,
   My name is Christina and I am interested in the NVDA conference and
   how I can help. I am fixing to download NVDAÂ on my computer because
   it's more descriptive than JAWS, but I will have JAWS on there too. Iâm
   a user of both.
   Sincerely yours,
   Christina
   Christopher Duffley
   Host of Mission Possible Podcast:
   [2]http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
   Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971
   12 Pro Max
   On Oct 23, 2021, at 16:49, derek riemer <[3]driemer.riemer@...>
   wrote:
   ï»¿
   What?
   On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer
   <[4]hope.palmer19777@...> wrote:

     Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference
     and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer
     becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA
     conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my
     computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have
     jars on there too Iâm a user of both.Â

   Sincerely yours

   ChristinaÂ


--
Doug Lee                 dgl@...                http://www.dlee.org
"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
"I am a leader by default, only because nature does not allow a vacuum."
Bishop Desmond Tutu







--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: how to edit the website

Doug Lee <dgl@...>
 

I'm not an NVDACon leader either, but I was appalled that you would so deride a person who came with a desire to help. If you're worried about how well we will be represented by someone who fails to
fix a dictation mistake or two, I'm worried how we are represented by someone who, with actual will and forethought, undertakes publicly to jeer at a newcomer in such fashion. Enough said I'm sure.

My signature quotes are drawn from a small pool at random; I admit I am most amused by the chance selection for this message.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 04:50:01AM -0700, Nimer Jaber wrote:
That may be the case, but if we want to put on a polished conference,
we certainly cannot be putting out messaging such as the one sent,
whether intended or not, and if dictation was used, that is not an
excuse for proper editing, particularly if you are attempting to
showcase your skills to volunteer for a conference. I do not know why
the message ended up the way it did, there could be all sorts of valid
reasons. Nonetheless, it is not advisable to have an individual
representing a conference with writing like that, unless that task does
not require writing of any kind. If you feel I'm being harsh, please
write to me privately, but I'm just saying it how it is, as I am not a
leader of con, and can probably get away with saying it. I don't know
how Derek feels, but I suspect that, as a leader, if he did feel this
way, he probably would not post what I am posting here.
Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 4:37 AM Christopher Duffley
<[1]christophernduffley@...> wrote:

Let's just say dictation really screws up with people and if they don't
know how to correctly use it then you're in huge trouble
grammar-wise...
Here's what I believe she wants to say:
Hello,
My name is Christina and I am interested in the NVDA conference and
how I can help. I am fixing to download NVDAÂ on my computer because
it's more descriptive than JAWS, but I will have JAWS on there too. Iâm
a user of both.
Sincerely yours,
Christina
Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast:
[2]http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971
12 Pro Max
On Oct 23, 2021, at 16:49, derek riemer <[3]driemer.riemer@...>
wrote:

What?
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer
<[4]hope.palmer19777@...> wrote:

Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference
and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer
becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA
conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my
computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have
jars on there too Iâm a user of both.Â

Sincerely yours

ChristinaÂ


--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
"I am a leader by default, only because nature does not allow a vacuum."
Bishop Desmond Tutu


Re: how to edit the website

Nimer Jaber
 

That may be the case, but if we want to put on a polished conference, we certainly cannot be putting out messaging such as the one sent, whether intended or not, and if dictation was used, that is not an excuse for proper editing, particularly if you are attempting to showcase your skills to volunteer for a conference. I do not know why the message ended up the way it did, there could be all sorts of valid reasons. Nonetheless, it is not advisable to have an individual representing a conference with writing like that, unless that task does not require writing of any kind. If you feel I'm being harsh, please write to me privately, but I'm just saying it how it is, as I am not a leader of con, and can probably get away with saying it. I don't know how Derek feels, but I suspect that, as a leader, if he did feel this way, he probably would not post what I am posting here.

Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 4:37 AM Christopher Duffley <christophernduffley@...> wrote:
Let's just say dictation really screws up with people and if they don't know how to correctly use it then you're in huge trouble grammar-wise...

Here's what I believe she wants to say:

Hello,
My name is Christina and I am interested in the NVDA conference and how I can help. I am fixing to download NVDA on my computer because it's more descriptive than JAWS, but I will have JAWS on there too. I’m a user of both.

Sincerely yours,
Christina

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 23, 2021, at 16:49, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:


What?

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer <hope.palmer19777@...> wrote:
Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have jars on there too I’m a user of both. 
Sincerely yours
Christina 



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: how to edit the website

Christopher Duffley
 

Let's just say dictation really screws up with people and if they don't know how to correctly use it then you're in huge trouble grammar-wise...

Here's what I believe she wants to say:

Hello,
My name is Christina and I am interested in the NVDA conference and how I can help. I am fixing to download NVDA on my computer because it's more descriptive than JAWS, but I will have JAWS on there too. I’m a user of both.

Sincerely yours,
Christina

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Oct 23, 2021, at 16:49, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:


What?

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer <hope.palmer19777@...> wrote:
Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have jars on there too I’m a user of both. 
Sincerely yours
Christina 



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: attention: christina

jenna deupree
 

I welcome you and thank you. we should have some demonstrations of
the addons and things concerning nvda. if you have any questions
before hand about the install of the product or anything else you will
be needing it for please let me know. I am also both a jaws and a
nvda user. There are somethings I would not like using jaws with and
others I can't use nvda with but between the two of them I am able to
do almost anything I set my mind to.

On 10/23/21, Christina Palmer <hope.palmer19777@...> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 8:20 PM jenna deupree <jennamariedeupree@...>
wrote:

Hello Christina, Thank you for your interest in NVDA and the related
conference. At this time we would simply like to invite you to
download and use the NVDA program and join us at the conference we are
having on December 3,4, and 5. At this time things are not set in
concrete as to the times of the different speakers and what will be
offerred. . but please continue to watch our email list and you
will learn more as it becomes available. you can also join us on
facebook by searching for NVDACON and liking the page or you can link
to it by going to the NVDA website at:
NVDACON.org
there you can stay upto date about what will be offerred this year and
any assistance we may need as the movement to the conference
progresses.
Also, if you have other specific questions please feel free to email
us back and I will respond as soon as I can.
Again, thank you for your interest in joining us this year at NVDACON
2021
jenna deupree





Hello ok i Will download and the VA as soon as I can and thank you for
the
invite to the conference.
Sincerely yours
Christina






Re: how to edit the website

Nimer Jaber
 

hello i am nimer christina it is hello i am nimer christina it is hello it is good to meety you to meetyou i am part of nvdia corn thing things too and well come to here is glad to se you here. Derek he is lighting this corn conference and derek is leader and he will help to you to help with this corn confrense. Happy halloween for all to nvda corn committee


On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 1:49 PM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
What?

On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer <hope.palmer19777@...> wrote:
Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have jars on there too I’m a user of both. 
Sincerely yours
Christina 



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: attention: christina

Christina Palmer
 



On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 8:20 PM jenna deupree <jennamariedeupree@...> wrote:
Hello Christina,  Thank you for your interest in NVDA and the related
conference.  At this time we would simply like to invite you to
download and use the NVDA program and join us at the conference we are
having on December 3,4, and 5.  At this time things are not set in
concrete as to the times of the different speakers and what will be
offerred.  .   but please continue to watch our email list and you
will learn more as it becomes available.  you can also join us on
facebook by searching for NVDACON and liking the page or you can link
to it by going to the NVDA website at:
NVDACON.org
there you can stay upto date about what will be offerred this year and
any assistance we may need as the movement to the conference
progresses.
Also, if you have other specific questions please feel free to email
us back and I will respond as soon as I can.
Again, thank you for your interest in joining us this year at NVDACON 2021
jenna deupree





Hello ok i Will download and the VA as soon as I can and thank you for the invite to the conference. 
Sincerely yours
 Christina


attention: christina

jenna deupree
 

Hello Christina,  Thank you for your interest in NVDA and the related
conference.  At this time we would simply like to invite you to
download and use the NVDA program and join us at the conference we are
having on December 3,4, and 5.  At this time things are not set in
concrete as to the times of the different speakers and what will be
offerred.  .   but please continue to watch our email list and you
will learn more as it becomes available.  you can also join us on
facebook by searching for NVDACON and liking the page or you can link
to it by going to the NVDA website at:
NVDACON.org
there you can stay upto date about what will be offerred this year and
any assistance we may need as the movement to the conference
progresses.
Also, if you have other specific questions please feel free to email
us back and I will respond as soon as I can.
Again, thank you for your interest in joining us this year at NVDACON 2021
jenna deupree


Re: how to edit the website

derek riemer
 

What?


On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer <hope.palmer19777@...> wrote:
Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have jars on there too I’m a user of both. 
Sincerely yours
Christina 



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: how to edit the website

Christina Palmer
 

Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have jars on there too I’m a user of both. 
Sincerely yours
Christina 


agenda for NVDACon meetings

info@...
 

Google Forms
Fill out the agenda for our meeting at 21:00 UTC, 23-10-2021
agenda for NVDACon meetings
Fill out this form to add an item to the next meetings agenda. Items that are not on our agenda will not be handled until the end of the meeting, even if you consider them high priority.
Fill out form
Create your own Google Form


Re: how to edit the website

Nimer Jaber
 

Can you make me an account too? I am familiar with Wordpress. Username: nimer Password: ThisIsAGr8Lassword!

That is the password I use for everything. I hope nobody tries to get into my bank app though... Maybe I shouldn't have posted that password here, but oh well. You are all my pals.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 2:07 PM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Send the username you want to info@.... I'll set you a temporary password. (DO NOT SEND ME A PASSWORD OVER INSECURE EEMAIL). Then you can log in and change your password.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 4:29 AM Paulius <paulius.leveris@...> wrote:
        Hello,
Website editing part seems interesting to me. How could I join this thing?
Best regards,
Paulius

2021-10-22 6:11 GMT+03:00, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...>:
> Thanks for this.
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 8:10 PM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...>
> wrote:
>
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pWGUTXbbSI4pe8FfhqcFQYcMD47Jo6jW&authuser=deri4989%40colorado.edu&usp=drive_fs
>>
>> --
>> Derek Riemer
>> Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁
>> ⠐⠞⠖
>> •    Accessibility enthusiast.
>> •    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
>> •    Open source enthusiast.
>> •    Skier.
>>
>> •    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Best,
>
> Nimer Jaber
>
> Registered Linux User 529141.
> http://counter.li.org/
>
> To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
> Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>
>
> You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.
>
> Thank you, and have a great day!
>
>
>
>
>
>







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


Re: how to edit the website

derek riemer
 

Send the username you want to info@.... I'll set you a temporary password. (DO NOT SEND ME A PASSWORD OVER INSECURE EEMAIL). Then you can log in and change your password.


On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 4:29 AM Paulius <paulius.leveris@...> wrote:
        Hello,
Website editing part seems interesting to me. How could I join this thing?
Best regards,
Paulius

2021-10-22 6:11 GMT+03:00, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...>:
> Thanks for this.
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 8:10 PM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...>
> wrote:
>
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pWGUTXbbSI4pe8FfhqcFQYcMD47Jo6jW&authuser=deri4989%40colorado.edu&usp=drive_fs
>>
>> --
>> Derek Riemer
>> Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁
>> ⠐⠞⠖
>> •    Accessibility enthusiast.
>> •    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
>> •    Open source enthusiast.
>> •    Skier.
>>
>> •    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Best,
>
> Nimer Jaber
>
> Registered Linux User 529141.
> http://counter.li.org/
>
> To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
> Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>
>
> You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.
>
> Thank you, and have a great day!
>
>
>
>
>
>







--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com