Date   

Re: Minutes for our last meeting

lauracornwell
 

To whom it may Concern:

   I am Laura Cornwell one of the members of NVDACon international planning

Committee. NVDA (Non-Visual Desktop Access) is a free and open source screen reader that allows blind people around the world access to technology at no greater cost than their sited peers. You can find out more about NVDA at http://www.nvaccess.org. The NVDA conference started out in 2014 so that users of the screen reader

could connect and talk to other screen reader users around the world. In 2015, a group of community members decided to set up a two-weekend global conference that would occur during the tenth anniversary of NVDA. We had several events ranging from how to utilize NVDA for employment of blind people, new technology being developed allowing NVDA to interface with dictation technology, and much more. You can find out about our past conferences at https://www.nvdacon.org

We are   currently planning our 4th   conference for the NVDA community.     As one of the members of the planning Committee I would like to kindly ask if you all can please take the time to join in on all the fun.  You can follow us on twitter   @NVDACon. Here are the dates for it.may19 through the 21.

 

 

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:22 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Minutes for our last meeting

 

NVDACon sessions:

* Keynote
* Opening forum
* closing forum
* Google and google chrome
* Using windows ten apps.
* Dictationbridge, a year later
* Community triage and bug reporting.
* An objective comparison of NVDA to other screen readers.

## Website

Conference session pages need written.

* description of each, times, and dates.
* Find a plugin for time conversion. (I wrote a little tool, but if someone wants ot hook it into wordpress let me know.)

## Theme of the conference

Community engagement

Intro music for NVDACon in general, we have some volunteers who we need to reach out to.

## Promotion

We'll start promoting NVDACon. Let me know every mailing list you've sent to.
I'll create a document where people list what places has been sent to. put every resource you've shared NVDACon promotion material to in there.
* before sending a promotion to a resource, do the following:
    - Make sure you ask the owner of the resource if its okay to send to. Ask nice and they'll probably say yes.
    - if they say no, do not send to that list. This is a violation of planning committee policy.
    -if someone asks for more info about NVDAConn to you privately, feel free to advise the committee if you have questions.
    - if you have some organization to contact, please let me know and we should co ntact them.   

Figure out who from Google is presenting so I can reach out.

## Nexgt meeting:
* plan order of sessions:
*make sure we iron out the time plugin.

## other:

* Lucy has requested that she can present on Saturday.
* If you want access to our google drive folder, send me a google user name.
* If you'd rather use simple note, let me know.

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 


Minutes for our last meeting

derek riemer
 

NVDACon sessions:

* Keynote
* Opening forum
* closing forum
* Google and google chrome
* Using windows ten apps.
* Dictationbridge, a year later
* Community triage and bug reporting.
* An objective comparison of NVDA to other screen readers.

## Website

Conference session pages need written.

* description of each, times, and dates.
* Find a plugin for time conversion. (I wrote a little tool, but if someone wants ot hook it into wordpress let me know.)

## Theme of the conference

Community engagement

Intro music for NVDACon in general, we have some volunteers who we need to reach out to.

## Promotion

We'll start promoting NVDACon. Let me know every mailing list you've sent to.
I'll create a document where people list what places has been sent to. put every resource you've shared NVDACon promotion material to in there.
* before sending a promotion to a resource, do the following:
    - Make sure you ask the owner of the resource if its okay to send to. Ask nice and they'll probably say yes.
    - if they say no, do not send to that list. This is a violation of planning committee policy.
    -if someone asks for more info about NVDAConn to you privately, feel free to advise the committee if you have questions.
    - if you have some organization to contact, please let me know and we should co ntact them.   

Figure out who from Google is presenting so I can reach out.

## Nexgt meeting:
* plan order of sessions:
*make sure we iron out the time plugin.

## other:

* Lucy has requested that she can present on Saturday.
* If you want access to our google drive folder, send me a google user name.
* If you'd rather use simple note, let me know.

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



Non-code contributions session

James Teh <jamie@...>
 

Hi all,

Sorry it took us so long to send this. :(

Following is the blurb for the session Reef and I will be running on non-code contributions, a.k.a. community assisted triage.

--
A discussion of how the NVDA community can make non-code contributions.

As a popular screen reader with wide ranging support of 3rd party applications, naturally new github issues are raised frequently. These maybe requests to support new applications, features of existing application, bug reports, and other kinds of requests. NV Access tries to triage these issues as they are raised, in order to prioritise and define the requirements for development. NVaccess is a small team with limited resources, and it is difficult (or impossible) to keep up with this task. This talk aims to help the community to understand what our aims are during triage, and to guide the community on how they can contribute to this process. Since much of this process only requires a user level understanding of NVDA, this work can be done by non-programmers.

- This will include a discussion of "why do we prioritise?" and what does it mean for an issue to be "well defined".
- Discussion / explanation of user stories.
- Discussion of the common "types" of issues.
- Discussion of exactly how the community can help.

--

While we don't expect the following will be published, here are our notes on the outline for the session:

--
- As new issues are raised on github, we try to triage them. Firstly we want to catch high priority issues and ensure that they are attended to first. Secondly, we want to ensure that there is enough information on the issue so that it can be well understood and work can start on it when it comes to the front of the queue
- As it stands we have more issues coming in than we have the ability to process.
- Many issues require more information to be gathered in order to quickly and confidently apply a priority.
- This makes it hard to prioritise, and find the requests that will provide the biggest impact.
- It's common that those raising the issues don't know what information to provide, or don't know how to get it.
- The community can be of great help in this process, both in providing the right information for issues but also in working with other, less experienced users to gather the right information.
- This session will discuss how to get the best possible benefit from user feedback by considering the kind information we need in order to progress to prioritisation and development on an issue.
 - Some analysis of the issue and summarising the key points can help to speed up applying a priority to the issue.
 - Try to avoid talking about specific solutions, first we must understand the problem. This will help to increase the likelihood of a more general solution.
 - Developing a use case for the issue helps dramatically, for this we need to know who, what, and why.
 
Who:
- Who does it affect? (Braille users, Speech users, accessibility developers, nvda developers, etc)
-- This helps to give an estimate on how many users this will help.
-- Also highlights differences in requirements for different users.
What:
- What is the user trying to achieve?
- A step by step of what they expect to do, and the kind of output they expect along the way.
- Consider:
-- Does this need to work with other software? What version(s)?
-- Can an example be provided? Perhaps a relevant test case?
Why:
- Why do they want to do this?
- What does it help them achieve?

Further analysis:
Can we label this as a regression, a requested change of behaviour, or a requested new feature? Is there a known work around, what are the existing alternatives, or is there any way to achieve this already?

Regression:
The behaviour of the software has changed, unintentionally. This may mean that a feature has stopped working all together or there may be an error sound, or perhaps a crash.
- How is it triggered?
-- What are the steps to reproduce the bug?
-- What version of NVDA? Good: 'stable', 'next', 'rc', 'release' Better: 'next-13896,5322f3d8'
-- What version of software being used with NVDA?
- What happens when it is triggered, what is the effect?
- Can it be reproduced on another computer by another user?
-- Make sure to note the versions used when reproducing the issue. This can be really help to narrow down incompatibilities between external software and NVDA

New feature:
This is something that NVDA did not previously do.
- Is this solved by other screen readers? How?
- What is the use case for this?
- Are there any variations on the use case?
- Is it different for speech, braille, or visual users?

Change of behaviour:
- What is wrong with the current behaviour?
- What are the circumstances around the requested change?
- What is the use case, does it differ from the intended use case of the feature?

Summarising the issues periodically / when data collection is done.
It's common that this process of collecting information will result in many comments on the issue. In order to make it easier for someone to quickly pick up the issue and understand it a summary comment can be added. This also serves to re-iterate decisions that have been made throughout the discussion and ensure that everyone is on the same page.

--

Thanks!

Jamie


Re: Vote needed, 24 hours left on poll

Shane Davidson <stickbear2016@...>
 

I vote for option C.
Note that this needs to be an unbias talk even if NVDA isn't presented in the best light on all fronts, we have a duty to say that to our users, even if it's being worked on, certain things may not work well with NVDA as it does with say JAWS.

Shane

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 3:25 AM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Hi:
Leonard has offered to give a lightning talk on one of two topics. It looks like we have a available lightning talk slot.
Please vote on the below item.

Do you want Leonard to have a lightning talk, and if so, choose the lightning talk you'd like to see. Note, we had a braille with NVDA session last year by Davy, but an update would still be great. Also, since Leonard works at a screen reader distributer, he is in a unique position to do a screen reader comparison.

Question:
I Think Leonard should do a lightning talk on
A. No talk.
B. NVDA braille support and status.
C. NVDA in comparison to other screen readers in terms of performance and other attributes.

All responses must be sent here, so we can validate that I didn't fudge the results.
Cheers,
Derek

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



Vote needed, 24 hours left on poll

derek riemer
 

Hi:
Leonard has offered to give a lightning talk on one of two topics. It looks like we have a available lightning talk slot.
Please vote on the below item.

Do you want Leonard to have a lightning talk, and if so, choose the lightning talk you'd like to see. Note, we had a braille with NVDA session last year by Davy, but an update would still be great. Also, since Leonard works at a screen reader distributer, he is in a unique position to do a screen reader comparison.

Question:
I Think Leonard should do a lightning talk on
A. No talk.
B. NVDA braille support and status.
C. NVDA in comparison to other screen readers in terms of performance and other attributes.

All responses must be sent here, so we can validate that I didn't fudge the results.
Cheers,
Derek

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



April 17th: Joseph Lee to present "NVDA: Possibilities and Opportunities in 2017" at Accessible World Tek Talk

 

Dear NVDA community,

 

On April 17, 2017, I (Joseph Lee) will be giving a talk at Accessible World Tek Talk about NVDA community updates in 2017, focusing on recent developments, new features and some things under development.

 

Press release:

If there is one phrase to describe NonVisual Desktop Access, it is “possibilities and opportunities”. NVDA, the free, open-source, community-driven screen reader continues to open opportunities and possibilities, including ability to read Kindle books, improved support for Microsoft Office and Edge, and progress made in supporting various Windows 10 features. Combined with the new NVDA Expert certification program, continued partnerships with Mozilla, Microsoft and other companies, and enthusiasm of users continues to drive NVDA’s progress in 2017. Joseph Lee, a contributor to NVDA screen reader, Windows Insider and a certified NVDA Expert, will tell you what NVDA community has been up to, including some of the new features, certification program, upcoming NVDACon, and demonstrate latest developments in supporting Edge and Windows 10 Creators Update.

 

Topics to be covered:

 

  • What’s new in NVDA since 2016.3 with demonstrations of select features.
  • Improved support for Microsoft Word, including sections and text columns.
  • Improved support for Microsoft Excel, including cell border announcement and sheet location.
  • Progress in Windows 10 and Edge support, including first letter navigation in Edge, reading PDF documents, story behind audio ducking in Creators Update.
  • Other features, including reading Kindle books, disabling add-ons, GUI improvements, line indentation tone and others.
  • Community updates, including certification program, NVDACon 2017, DictationBridge updates.

 

Presentation details:

 

  • Date: April 17, 2017.
  • Time: 5 PM Pacific (8 PM Eastern, 00:00 UTC, 10 AM on April 18th for some).
  • Place: Accessible World Tek Talk Training Room (www.accessibleworld.org).

 

To participate, you need to install TCConference software. Go to accessibleworld.org, choose Pat Price Tek Talk Training Room link, download and install the conferencing system, then log onto the room.

 

Hope to see you on April 17th.

Cheers,

Joseph


Re: Skype group

Shane Davidson <stickbear2016@...>
 

my skype ID is

stick.bear

Please identify yourself clearly when adding me to the group.
Thanks.
Shane

On 3/29/2017 12:55 PM, derek riemer wrote:
Hi guys:
I never sent that out here, but we now do a lot of planning on skype. IF you aren't on the group and wish to be, shoot me your skype name.

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website




Re: Skype group

lauracornwell
 

Hey there, I am needing the NVDACon  website link  please.

Thanks.

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:55 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Skype group

 

Hi guys:

I never sent that out here, but we now do a lot of planning on skype. IF you aren't on the group and wish to be, shoot me your skype name.


--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 


Skype group

derek riemer
 

Hi guys:
I never sent that out here, but we now do a lot of planning on skype. IF you aren't on the group and wish to be, shoot me your skype name.

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



An introduction from NVDACon

derek riemer
 


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eyes On Success: Hosts Peter and Nancy <hosts@...>
Date: Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:06 AM
Subject: RE: An introduction from NVDACon
To: Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...>


Derek, Ashley and others,

 

Thank you for contacting us.  Unfortunately, we cannot livestream anything.  However, we would very much like to do an episode of Eyes On Success about the upcoming NVDACon to spread the word to our listeners around the world.  Episodes are released on Wednesdays, but many Radio Reading Services and Streaming Services air them later in the week.  We’ve tentatively inserted this topic on our schedule for Wednesday, May 10 to best coordinate with the conference.  If you think another date would be better, we could move the episode.

 

We assume you know about Eyes On Success since you work with Shaun Kane and he has been on the show several times (see links below).  You may not know what goes on under the hood, though.  We record interviews a minimum of several weeks in advance of airing an episode to give ourselves time to edit the interview, construct the episode, edit that and then submit the finished audio file to our distributor enough before the release date.  For more information about Eyes On Success, visit our web-site at www.EyesOnSuccess.net or check out any of the links below our signature.

 

To do this, we would like to interview you and/or Joseph Lee and/or whoever is the most appropriate spokesperson for NVDACon before April 10.  We can interview more than one person at a time and the interactions are often interesting; besides, that way we can cover more than one aspect of the story.  We prefer to use Skype for best audio quality, but can use a telephone if Skype is not possible.

 

We live in Western NY, so US Eastern time zone (UTC-5).  As retirees, we can do interviews daytime or evenings, any day of the week.  Please suggest a person(s) and some days & times that would work so we can set up an interview about NVDACon.

 

Episodes featuring Shaun Kane:

1446 Improving Interactions With New Technologies (Nov. 12, 2014) 
1401 Google Glass for the Visually Impaired (Jan. 1, 2014) 
1204 1-25-12 Enabling the Blind to Use Touch Screens 

The Hosts: Peter Torpey and Nancy Goodman Torpey

Check out Eyes On Success (formerly ViewPoints)

A weekly, half hour audio program for people living with vision loss.

Find out more about the show and get links to past episodes at:

       www.EyesOnSuccess.net

Find the podcast on iTunes or use the URL:

       www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast

Find us on social media at:

       www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess

       www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess

       www.audioboom.com/EyesOnSuccess

Subscribe to the announcements-only list by sending an e-mail to:

       EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe@GoogleGroups.com

Subscribe to the listener discussion group by sending an e-mail to:

       EOS_discuss+Subscribe@GoogleGroups.com

Send suggestions or comments to:

      hosts@...

 

 

 

From: Derek Riemer [mailto:driemer.riemer@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:12 PM
To: hosts@...
Subject: An introduction from NVDACon

 

Hello Eyes On Success hosts:
My name is Derek Riemer, and I am the chair of the NVDACon International Planning Committee. I am contacting you to ask if you have time to interview someone from NVDACon International.

NVDACon International is a worldwide conference for, of and by users and developers of NVDA. Our conference will be May 19th-21, 2017. If you would like to know more about this conference, you can learn more by visiting http://NVDACon.org/

We are reaching out to you to ask if you would air advertisements about NVDACon, live stream some or all our events, sound bites and other material related to NVDACon. Please let us know if you would like more information about NVDACon International.

Thank you,

Derek Riemer, Ashley Coleman, and other NVDACon planning committee members


--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 




--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



My Blog Post: The Non Visual Desktop Access Movement

Bhavya shah
 

Dear all,
Here's sharing about a blog post I recently published on my new blog
named 'Hiking Across Horizons' located at
bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/. Apart from the one about NVDA, there are
others pertaining to various topics which you may feel free to check
out. I would sincerely appreciate any and all feedback, and do spread
the word about HAH and follow the blog via e-mail. For now though...

‘Is it right for visually impaired people across the globe to suffer
and remain seemingly incapable due to inevitable financial
constraints? This was the question that Michael Curran and James Teh,
two blind Australian programmers, asked themselves.’
The open source and community-driven NVDA screen reader #NVDASR
engineered by the Australian non-profit NV Access is the candid answer
to many of those questions I am frequently asked – ‘How do you study
in school and give your exams?’ and ‘But then how do you use a
computer?’ I consider nothing better to shed light on these enquiries
than writing a series of posts on my new blog ‘Hiking Across Horizons’
detailing the assistive technologies I use on a day-to-day basis.
Presenting to you thus is my 2016 contribution to the Insight Braille
magazine about ‘The Non Visual Desktop Access Movement’!
https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/2016/10/10/the-non-visual-desktop-access-movement-assistive-technology-life-transforming-nvda-you-me/
Blog Address: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: https://bhavyashah125.wordpress.com/

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...
Follow me on Twitter @BhavyaShah125 or www.twitter.com/BhavyaShah125
Mobile Number: +91 7506221750


Re: Meeting to hammer out session details.

derek riemer
 

Last calls for no's. If I get none by Tomorrow at this time, it's Sunday. I'm gonna check with my family tonight to see what they say.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Ethan <ethan8768@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Sunday night will work for me. Let's do the meeting over Skype around
10 PM eastern, 7 PM Pacific? Does this work for you Derek?

If you need Skype information for the meeting, please contact Derek or
I directly.

Thank you,

Ethan

On 3/22/17, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
> Sundays are good for me  and I think that google docks will work.
>
>
>
> From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of
> derek riemer
> Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:41 AM
> To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.
>
>
>
> This is gonna be tough in the next two weekends unless we can do either
> Sunday night, as I'll be in the mountains.
>
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Ashley Coleman <amc05111@...
> <mailto:amc05111@...> > wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I vote for either weekend. I also vote for a Google Doc but I’m open to any
> option.
>
>
>
> Ashley
>
>
>
> Thank you
>
> Ashley Coleman
>
> Blinkie Chicks Social Media Manager and Blogger
>
> Find us on the web at:
>
> http://blinkiechicks.com/
>
>
>
> From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
> [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> ] On Behalf
> Of lauracornwell
> Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 4:53 PM
> To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
> Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.
>
>
>
> What times
>
> Work best for the rest of you all?
>
> From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
> [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
> Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:10 PM
> To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
> Subject: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.
>
>
>
> We should hammer out session details now that we know our sessions. Also, we
> need to start drafting questions for a panel (Unless we vote to not do
> one).
>
> Does anyone have times this or nexgt weekend to meet?
>
> Also, for panel questions, would people prefer to collaberate with a wiki
> here, a google doc, or some other means (Propose if you choose other)?
>
> HH,
>
> Derek
>
>
>
> --
>
> Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!
>
> *        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th
> year undergraduate student.
>
> *        Accessibility enthusiast.
>
> *        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
>
> *        Open source enthusiast.
>
> *        Skier.
>
> Personal website <http://derekriemer.com>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!
>
> *        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th
> year undergraduate student.
>
> *        Accessibility enthusiast.
>
> *        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
>
> *        Open source enthusiast.
>
> *        Skier.
>
> Personal website <http://derekriemer.com>
>
>
>
>
>
>






--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



Re: Meeting to hammer out session details.

Ethan
 

Hello all,

Sunday night will work for me. Let's do the meeting over Skype around
10 PM eastern, 7 PM Pacific? Does this work for you Derek?

If you need Skype information for the meeting, please contact Derek or
I directly.

Thank you,

Ethan

On 3/22/17, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
Sundays are good for me and I think that google docks will work.



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of
derek riemer
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:41 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.



This is gonna be tough in the next two weekends unless we can do either
Sunday night, as I'll be in the mountains.



On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Ashley Coleman <amc05111@...
<mailto:amc05111@...> > wrote:

Hey all,

I vote for either weekend. I also vote for a Google Doc but I’m open to any
option.



Ashley



Thank you

Ashley Coleman

Blinkie Chicks Social Media Manager and Blogger

Find us on the web at:

http://blinkiechicks.com/



From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
[mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io> ] On Behalf
Of lauracornwell
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 4:53 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.



What times

Work best for the rest of you all?

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
[mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:10 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io>
Subject: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.



We should hammer out session details now that we know our sessions. Also, we
need to start drafting questions for a panel (Unless we vote to not do
one).

Does anyone have times this or nexgt weekend to meet?

Also, for panel questions, would people prefer to collaberate with a wiki
here, a google doc, or some other means (Propose if you choose other)?

HH,

Derek



--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

* University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th
year undergraduate student.

* Accessibility enthusiast.

* Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

* Open source enthusiast.

* Skier.

Personal website <http://derekriemer.com>






--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

* University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th
year undergraduate student.

* Accessibility enthusiast.

* Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

* Open source enthusiast.

* Skier.

Personal website <http://derekriemer.com>






Re: Meeting to hammer out session details.

lauracornwell
 

Sundays are good for me  and I think that google docks will work.

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:41 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.

 

This is gonna be tough in the next two weekends unless we can do either Sunday night, as I'll be in the mountains.

 

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Ashley Coleman <amc05111@...> wrote:

Hey all,

I vote for either weekend. I also vote for a Google Doc but I’m open to any option.

 

Ashley

 

Thank you

Ashley Coleman

Blinkie Chicks Social Media Manager and Blogger

Find us on the web at:

http://blinkiechicks.com/

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of lauracornwell
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 4:53 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.

 

What times

Work best for the rest of you all?

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:10 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.

 

We should hammer out session details now that we know our sessions. Also, we need to start drafting questions for a panel (Unless we vote to not do one).

Does anyone have times this or nexgt weekend to meet?

Also, for panel questions, would people prefer to collaberate with a wiki here, a google doc, or some other means (Propose if you choose other)?

HH,

Derek


--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 




--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 


Re: Meeting to hammer out session details.

derek riemer
 

This is gonna be tough in the next two weekends unless we can do either Sunday night, as I'll be in the mountains.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Ashley Coleman <amc05111@...> wrote:

Hey all,

I vote for either weekend. I also vote for a Google Doc but I’m open to any option.

 

Ashley

 

Thank you

Ashley Coleman

Blinkie Chicks Social Media Manager and Blogger

Find us on the web at:

http://blinkiechicks.com/

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of lauracornwell
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 4:53 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.

 

What times

Work best for the rest of you all?

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:10 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.

 

We should hammer out session details now that we know our sessions. Also, we need to start drafting questions for a panel (Unless we vote to not do one).

Does anyone have times this or nexgt weekend to meet?

Also, for panel questions, would people prefer to collaberate with a wiki here, a google doc, or some other means (Propose if you choose other)?

HH,

Derek


--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 




--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



Re: Meeting to hammer out session details.

Ashley Coleman
 

Hey all,

I vote for either weekend. I also vote for a Google Doc but I’m open to any option.

 

Ashley

 

Thank you

Ashley Coleman

Blinkie Chicks Social Media Manager and Blogger

Find us on the web at:

http://blinkiechicks.com/

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of lauracornwell
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 4:53 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.

 

What times

Work best for the rest of you all?

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:10 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.

 

We should hammer out session details now that we know our sessions. Also, we need to start drafting questions for a panel (Unless we vote to not do one).

Does anyone have times this or nexgt weekend to meet?

Also, for panel questions, would people prefer to collaberate with a wiki here, a google doc, or some other means (Propose if you choose other)?

HH,

Derek


--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 


Re: Meeting to hammer out session details.

lauracornwell
 

What times

Work best for the rest of you all?

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 1:10 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Meeting to hammer out session details.

 

We should hammer out session details now that we know our sessions. Also, we need to start drafting questions for a panel (Unless we vote to not do one).

Does anyone have times this or nexgt weekend to meet?

Also, for panel questions, would people prefer to collaberate with a wiki here, a google doc, or some other means (Propose if you choose other)?

HH,

Derek


--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

 


Meeting to hammer out session details.

derek riemer
 

We should hammer out session details now that we know our sessions. Also, we need to start drafting questions for a panel (Unless we vote to not do one).
Does anyone have times this or nexgt weekend to meet?
Also, for panel questions, would people prefer to collaberate with a wiki here, a google doc, or some other means (Propose if you choose other)?
HH,
Derek

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



Re: NVDACon letter to be sent out to NFb and acB and for twitter as well.

derek riemer
 

Sweet!
Thanks for your work!

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

Thanks I will go back am make the changes now.

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 7:55 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] NVDACon letter to be sent out to NFb and acB and for twitter as well.

 

No one else seems to be trying to edit this, so here I go.
To whom it may Concern (Colon followed by a Line Break). I am Laura Cornwell, one of the members of
(the) NVDACon international planning committee. (either capitalize all of NVDACon Planning Committee,  or leave it lowercase). NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) is a free and open source screen reader that allows blind people around the world access to technology at no greater cost than their sited peers. You
can find out more about NVDA at http://www.nvaccess.org. The NVDA
conference started out in 2014 so that users of the screen reader could connect and talk to other screen reader users around the world.
In 2015, a group of community members decided to set up a two weekend
global conference that would occur during the tenth anniversary of
NVDA. We had several events ranging from how to utilize NVDA for
employment of blind people, new technology being developed allowing
NVDA to interface with dictation technology, and much more. You can
find out about our past conferences at https://www.nvdacon.org
We are   currently planning our 4th conference for the NVDA community. As one of the members of the planning Committee, (I put in a comma) I would
like to kindly ask (Would invide you to be more appropriate?) if you all can please take the time to join in on all of the fun. You can (Put a link to our website again). (Also, put a link to groups.io's announce forum). follow us on twitter   @NVDACon. The conference will be occuring on the weekend of May 19th.




--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

  • University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website



Re: NVDACon letter to be sent out to NFb and acB and for twitter as well.

lauracornwell
 

Thanks I will go back am make the changes now.

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 7:55 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] NVDACon letter to be sent out to NFb and acB and for twitter as well.

 

No one else seems to be trying to edit this, so here I go.
To whom it may Concern (Colon followed by a Line Break). I am Laura Cornwell, one of the members of
(the) NVDACon international planning committee. (either capitalize all of NVDACon Planning Committee,  or leave it lowercase). NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access) is a free and open source screen reader that allows blind people around the world access to technology at no greater cost than their sited peers. You
can find out more about NVDA at http://www.nvaccess.org. The NVDA
conference started out in 2014 so that users of the screen reader could connect and talk to other screen reader users around the world.
In 2015, a group of community members decided to set up a two weekend
global conference that would occur during the tenth anniversary of
NVDA. We had several events ranging from how to utilize NVDA for
employment of blind people, new technology being developed allowing
NVDA to interface with dictation technology, and much more. You can
find out about our past conferences at https://www.nvdacon.org
We are   currently planning our 4th conference for the NVDA community. As one of the members of the planning Committee, (I put in a comma) I would
like to kindly ask (Would invide you to be more appropriate?) if you all can please take the time to join in on all of the fun. You can (Put a link to our website again). (Also, put a link to groups.io's announce forum). follow us on twitter   @NVDACon. The conference will be occuring on the weekend of May 19th.

721 - 740 of 1144