Date   

Re: Postponing the conference

jenna deupree
 

hello derek I am willing to take part in the leadership. as I said in
the beginning I am not out for recognition but to put forth the effort
it takes to make this a great part of peoples lives. I believe it
will be more important now that jaws has stopped support for windows 7
and earlier computers. please feel free to contact me as I would
prefer to start things after the first of the year to set up for a
summer meeting. thanks, sean martin, jenna deupree

On 11/23/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Thanks Derek!

The only time NV Access would have been wary of is that "conference time"
around March (CSUN, Deque, I forget but think there's one or two others
around then). Otherwise, we're open to pretty much any time. Easter is
the weekend of the 17th April (and Orthodox Easter the week after) so I'd
avoid those two weekends for that reason. And in the US, Memorial day is
the 30th May.

Quentin



On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@gmail.com>
wrote:

We decided to postpone the conference because there weren't yet that many
topics, and additionally, I need to rebuild parts of the leadership
structure to make it more robust. Let me know when we want to start, but
I'll be busy until late April on weekends, often being completely out of
internet range during the time we schedule our meetings.

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁
⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Training: https://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
Certification: https://certification.nvaccess.org/
User group: https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess
Twitter: @NVAccess <https://twitter.com/NVAccess>






Re: Postponing the conference

Quentin Christensen
 

Thanks Derek!

The only time NV Access would have been wary of is that "conference time" around March (CSUN, Deque, I forget but think there's one or two others around then).  Otherwise, we're open to pretty much any time.  Easter is the weekend of the 17th April (and Orthodox Easter the week after) so I'd avoid those two weekends for that reason.  And in the US, Memorial day is the 30th May.

Quentin



On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
We decided to postpone the conference because there weren't yet that many topics, and additionally, I need to rebuild parts of the leadership structure to make it more robust. Let me know when we want to start, but I'll be busy until late April on weekends, often being completely out of internet range during the time we schedule our meetings.

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager


Postponing the conference

derek riemer
 

We decided to postpone the conference because there weren't yet that many topics, and additionally, I need to rebuild parts of the leadership structure to make it more robust. Let me know when we want to start, but I'll be busy until late April on weekends, often being completely out of internet range during the time we schedule our meetings.

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: Promotion/General: Rough Draft for Twitter and No Longer Accepting Responses Today Instead of Tomorrow

lauracornwell
 

oK Chris I think that we should   leave  the call for topics untell munday  just like we talked about .

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Christopher Duffley
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2021 1:46 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Promotion/General: Rough Draft for Twitter and No Longer Accepting Responses Today Instead of Tomorrow

 

Hello all!

 

My apologies for not committing as much as I had planned for sending Twitter and emails in general as well as posting anywhere else. I have a lot on my mind combined with not feeling good over the past few days and it hasn't been the best...

 

Anyway, here's what I thought about for Twitter/Facebook:

#NVDACon2021's Call for Topics has concluded! Thanks to all who have submitted for this year's conference! The schedule and upcoming dates will be announced as time gets closer. We look forward to seeing you soon!

 

Thoughts please?

 

Also, finally, as the post excerpt has just said, shall we conclude the accepting of responses at about 22:00 UTC, as the meeting is today and we can quickly go over them and assemble the scheduling committee, as well as technical, to get said schedule written on the website?

 

Thanks!

 

Christopher Duffley

Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com

Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

 

12 Pro Max


Promotion/General: Rough Draft for Twitter and No Longer Accepting Responses Today Instead of Tomorrow

Christopher Duffley
 

Hello all!

My apologies for not committing as much as I had planned for sending Twitter and emails in general as well as posting anywhere else. I have a lot on my mind combined with not feeling good over the past few days and it hasn't been the best...

Anyway, here's what I thought about for Twitter/Facebook:
#NVDACon2021's Call for Topics has concluded! Thanks to all who have submitted for this year's conference! The schedule and upcoming dates will be announced as time gets closer. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Thoughts please?

Also, finally, as the post excerpt has just said, shall we conclude the accepting of responses at about 22:00 UTC, as the meeting is today and we can quickly go over them and assemble the scheduling committee, as well as technical, to get said schedule written on the website?

Thanks!

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max


Re: Proposal to Move This Week's Meeting

derek riemer
 

let's move it. I'm on a plane at that time. Thanks Nimer!


On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 8:56 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:



On Nov 4, 2021, at 7:34 PM, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


Hello,

I tried to send this on Teams, but for some reason, am receiving an error, failed to send. Did I mention that I really hate Teams yet?

Anyway, I sent the following there, and would like your thoughts.

Hello everyone. I would like proposing moving this meeting to next week. My reasoning is that by next week end, any proposals will be due, and we can begin evaluating those proposals for topics. Also, we will have our Zoom set up by that time, and can begin training with that. Unless there is some urgent reason to meet this week instead? Thoughts?

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





I am on a plane during this weeks meeting

derek riemer
 

I just realized I'll be on a plane during this weeks meeting. We'll need to cancel it. Good thing we're just waiting for call for topics. Anyone who needs anything, please email me and I'll get you the needed information.
Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: Proposal to Move This Week's Meeting

lauracornwell
 




On Nov 4, 2021, at 7:34 PM, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:


Hello,

I tried to send this on Teams, but for some reason, am receiving an error, failed to send. Did I mention that I really hate Teams yet?

Anyway, I sent the following there, and would like your thoughts.

Hello everyone. I would like proposing moving this meeting to next week. My reasoning is that by next week end, any proposals will be due, and we can begin evaluating those proposals for topics. Also, we will have our Zoom set up by that time, and can begin training with that. Unless there is some urgent reason to meet this week instead? Thoughts?

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1168) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact that sounds great to me. I don’t see any reason why we need to have this meeting this week.


Proposal to Move This Week's Meeting

Nimer Jaber
 

Hello,

I tried to send this on Teams, but for some reason, am receiving an error, failed to send. Did I mention that I really hate Teams yet?

Anyway, I sent the following there, and would like your thoughts.

Hello everyone. I would like proposing moving this meeting to next week. My reasoning is that by next week end, any proposals will be due, and we can begin evaluating those proposals for topics. Also, we will have our Zoom set up by that time, and can begin training with that. Unless there is some urgent reason to meet this week instead? Thoughts?

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!


promotions: reminder for interview on Sunday.

lauracornwell
 

Hello and welcome,

This is an invitation and an announcement to all that there will be a meeting on 986 the mix public Team Talk server  for an interview with Herbie Allen, station manager of 986 the mix, and the planning committee.  The meeting will occur at 1900 U.T.C.  which is 3 P.M. eastern, 2 P.M. Central, 1 P.M. Mountain, and 12 P.M. Pacific time, on Sunday October 31,2021.

 

If you would like to attend and do not have current information on accessing the server please send a email to:

tt@...

 

it will return a tt link that will assist you in getting to the team talk server.  If you lack the teamtalk program to access this meeting please feel free to go to:

986themix.com

Locate the team talk heading and under that you can find the link to download the latest version of the program.   Thank you and have a wonderful day.

 

Sincerely,

Laura Cornwell

N.V.D.A. Con

Promotional committee

Lauracornwell1@...

 

 


Re: Editing last years recordings

jenna deupree
 

derek I will finish filling out the volunteer form in a few after I
eat then after you get a list of what needs edited I will do that for
you. it would be preferred I did not have to spend the time listening
to files that may not need anything when I can spend it working on
files that do need the work.
sincerely,
jenna deupree/ sean martin

On 10/25/21, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@gmail.com> wrote:
If you think the quality isn't there, please mark that needs editing
checkbox true, and don't sign off. We'll then need to resource editing that
file. If you are experienced enough to do audio editing and are
willing/have the time, I would appreciate it if you can download the flac
file, edit it, and reupload it.

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:49 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@gmail.com>
wrote:

I forgot the spreadsheet. here it is, but its also in that folder. When
done with your qa check, please either mark no for needs editing and yes
for signoff. You can also check the box with space by focusing that cell.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13utxp1ZB8GviSLHDHx2RcOB9mgn5sBlSBD6CZDftkjU/edit#gid=0

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:47 PM derek riemer via groups.io
<driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

We discussed during our meeting that sessions from last year need qa
checked and uploaded.
The following spreadsheet has the names of each file. Anyone interested
in helping us qa check these, please put your name in the " QA Checker's
name" column for that file, and download it from the following drive
folder.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cJ2xl0elP6N0w3F4bfSDCkRxCzLB8Q4S

Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞

⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁
⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁
⠐⠞⠖
• Accessibility enthusiast.
• Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
• Open source enthusiast.
• Skier.

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






Re: Editing last years recordings

derek riemer
 

If you think the quality isn't there, please mark that needs editing checkbox true, and don't sign off. We'll then need to resource editing that file. If you are experienced enough to do audio editing and are willing/have the time, I would appreciate it if you can download the flac file, edit it, and reupload it.


On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:49 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
I forgot the spreadsheet. here it is, but its also in that folder. When done with your qa check, please either mark no for needs editing and yes for signoff. You can also check the box with space by focusing that cell.

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:47 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
We discussed during our meeting that sessions from last year need qa checked and uploaded.
The following spreadsheet has the names of each file. Anyone interested in helping us qa check these, please put your name in the " QA Checker's name" column for that file, and download it from the following drive folder.

Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: Editing last years recordings

derek riemer
 

I forgot the spreadsheet. here it is, but its also in that folder. When done with your qa check, please either mark no for needs editing and yes for signoff. You can also check the box with space by focusing that cell.


On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:47 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
We discussed during our meeting that sessions from last year need qa checked and uploaded.
The following spreadsheet has the names of each file. Anyone interested in helping us qa check these, please put your name in the " QA Checker's name" column for that file, and download it from the following drive folder.

Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Editing last years recordings

derek riemer
 

We discussed during our meeting that sessions from last year need qa checked and uploaded.
The following spreadsheet has the names of each file. Anyone interested in helping us qa check these, please put your name in the " QA Checker's name" column for that file, and download it from the following drive folder.

Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Security reset of all resources

derek riemer
 

Hello all:
After several weeks of patiently asking people not to post on our NVDACon official channels without first doing diligence to ensure posts are professional, I have decided to change all security credentials on nvdacon accounts to stop the members who are repeat offenders of our do-diligence policy from damaging the conference's reputation. We are no longer a small organization, we're regularly promoting this conference to professional groups, and our social media image must be a reflection of this reality. Furthermore, until people can gain trust that their posts are quality and that they will not be posting half-baked messages that have clear grammar and spelling issues, and until such time as those people properly verify that their messages are so by having someone else look at them if they struggle with grammar and spelling, people will have to submit their posts to a small trusted group of nvdacon members who can update the site, update the posts on social media, etc. This small group of people will grant access as needed and once trust is established. As well, anyone who shares credentials for our organizations without notifying our leads will have this trust revoked. I will contact you if I have enough trust as chair to allow you to safeguard credentials and post, and will ask if you are willing to do so.
Cheers,
Derek

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Reorganizing the committee

derek riemer
 

Hello all:
After nearly a year of disorganization, I am trying to get this committee back into shape for properly planning a conference.
We currently have a form on the NVDACon page, https://www.nvdacon.org/how-to-help-us which I would like everyone to fill out if you are actually interested in helping NVDACon. Gauging based on the number of subscribers to this list, there are at least ten members who are simply on this list to watch. That is fine, but going forward, unless someones name is on the spreadsheet created by this form, I won't be granting access to Google Drive, or other shared resources. Also, only members who are officially resourced have voting power. Additionally, having resources listed makes it easier for the leads to properly utilize the available talent on the list and give order to the committee, so that the actions we take are strategic.
Please fill this form out before our next NVDACon meeting on Nov 7, so I can get a feel for who wants to be included in further NVDACon planning efforts in official capacity and can ensure account access is properly set up to google drive and other such resources.

--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: how to edit the website

jenna deupree
 

I believe I answered her statements and offerred her a excellent
contact. I was of course unaware of the volunteer form on the
website at the time or would have ask her to fill it out. at the
time. however, regardless of a person's ability to spell, speak, or
any other difficulty they may have something can always be found for
them that they are capable of doing . even if its simply
brainstorming and letting others know of ideas. No, not every idea is
a good one not even mine but to constructively critisize someone is
far better than to simply toss them out the door.

jenna

On 10/24/21, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
If you call that a dictation mistake or two, I'm glad you're not a leader.

As I requested, please take up any issues with my message privately.

Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 1:57 PM Doug Lee <dgl@dlee.org> wrote:

I'm not an NVDACon leader either, but I was appalled that you would so
deride a person who came with a desire to help. If you're worried about
how
well we will be represented by someone who fails to
fix a dictation mistake or two, I'm worried how we are represented by
someone who, with actual will and forethought, undertakes publicly to
jeer
at a newcomer in such fashion. Enough said I'm sure.

My signature quotes are drawn from a small pool at random; I admit I am
most amused by the chance selection for this message.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 04:50:01AM -0700, Nimer Jaber wrote:
That may be the case, but if we want to put on a polished conference,
we certainly cannot be putting out messaging such as the one sent,
whether intended or not, and if dictation was used, that is not an
excuse for proper editing, particularly if you are attempting to
showcase your skills to volunteer for a conference. I do not know why
the message ended up the way it did, there could be all sorts of valid
reasons. Nonetheless, it is not advisable to have an individual
representing a conference with writing like that, unless that task
does
not require writing of any kind. If you feel I'm being harsh, please
write to me privately, but I'm just saying it how it is, as I am not a
leader of con, and can probably get away with saying it. I don't know
how Derek feels, but I suspect that, as a leader, if he did feel this
way, he probably would not post what I am posting here.
Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 4:37 AM Christopher Duffley
<[1]christophernduffley@gmail.com> wrote:

Let's just say dictation really screws up with people and if they
don't
know how to correctly use it then you're in huge trouble
grammar-wise...
Here's what I believe she wants to say:
Hello,
My name is Christina and I am interested in the NVDA conference and
how I can help. I am fixing to download NVDAÂ on my computer because
it's more descriptive than JAWS, but I will have JAWS on there too.
Iâm
a user of both.
Sincerely yours,
Christina
Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast:
[2]http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971
12 Pro Max
On Oct 23, 2021, at 16:49, derek riemer <[3]driemer.riemer@gmail.com>
wrote:

What?
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer
<[4]hope.palmer19777@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference
and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer
becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA
conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my
computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have
jars on there too Iâm a user of both.Â

Sincerely yours

ChristinaÂ


--
Doug Lee dgl@dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few
accomplish
"I am a leader by default, only because nature does not allow a vacuum."
Bishop Desmond Tutu





--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!






Re: All: Notes for Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

derek riemer
 

Actually, the notes were correct. It looked as if the first topic was incorrect due to the wording, but I just read it wrong. Nice meeting everyone.


On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 5:26 PM derek riemer via groups.io <driemer.riemer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
This email used data that has already been cleared. Not sure why. sorry!

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 5:25 PM <info@...> wrote:

Hello. Here are the notes for a meeting near Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

    • Topic: Serious promotion of call for topics needed
    • Description: No call for topics submission has occured. Please send a second round of promotions out. use our verbage if you'd like already vetted language
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Promoting to personal FB pages
      • Haven't promoted much to other sources
      • Can send out other announcements to NVDA list
      • Announcement sent to in-process, twitter, and set up on website
      • Accessworld: Sent community letter and call for topics, will go out this month, radio show mix will go out at 19:00 UTC
      • BlindAbilities Interview done
      • Send Shawn Martin copy of call for topics letter
      • Laura taking over leadership promotions? Will provide list of places to promote, and where past promotions have happened. Derek will help with providing tracking links
      • Add nvdacon+announce to the site
    • Topic: Audio and music needs
    • Description: We should have a promo similar to the intro music we previously had at 10th aniversary. Happy to record, might be willing to edit if someone else on technical won't. However, I need help finding good background music, background music must be able to be purchhased for use with derivative works. Happy to fund it if its not outrageous.
    • sub-committee: technical
    • Notes:
      • Seann has music, will donate, and he will offer to help with editing, has editing experience
    • Topic: backup plan if nobody submits
    • Description: This is the first year nobody has submitted a topic. If nobody submits a topic, discuss next steps. next steps include: * Organizing sessions of our own. Seems like we're holding on to a futile effort if this happens. * cancel the conference. If nobody submits a topic by Nov 15, the community has decided they don't care about NVDACon anymore. * Simply hold a forum and keynote. Seems like community interest is less.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Laura: Continue promoting, can be pushier if needed, can push hard if needed.
      • Sean: Better to cancel this year, and begin earlier next year if needed
      • Chris: Record a keynote, and send that out to individuals, release as a podcast
      • Doug: Knows a person who does podcasts on tech, can see if they are interested in presenting
      • Every conference has an end date, if community doesn't express interest for whatever reason, it's okay, we haven't failed.
      • Nimer is for possible podcast keynote, but not on board with continuing a con if no topics presented
      • Derek may not be leader of Con if con is delayed more than 6 months due to other committments
      • 5 external topics, if we don't get that number, we move forward with back-up plan of cancelling con
    • Topic: move meeting time
    • Description: To better align with dst changes between the northern and southern hemispheres, it may be advantageous for the committee to move our meetings going forward.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Move meeting to 22:00 UTC, consensus amongst committee members
    • Topic: getting the word out more about this years up coming con.
    • Description: I am looking for more ways to get the wor out besides just twette and facebook and some podcasts. d
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Already discussed above
    • Topic: On-boarding volunteers, committee meetings outside of bi-weekly meet, where promotions promotes, use of existing general and c2t letters, scheduling committee, Moving Con date,
    • Description: Do we have a process in place for on-boarding new volunteers and assigning them to committees? Are committees meeting to get progress on action items outside of bi-weekly meetings? Is there a list some place that promotions committee is using to know where to advertise, and what to advertise? Lists of mailing lists, etc. Using call to topics and general letter as a spring-board for announcements to various groups/podcast and content creators. Do we have leadership/list of members for scheduling committee? If not, we should think about assigning such. Finally, should we consider pushing back con? There has been some discussion on Teams whether things are happening too fast, and some are feeling overwhelmed. Or do we feel comfortable with our present date? What work would be involved in moving con if we choose to do that? Updating call to topics letter, providing updates through email lists/social channels.
    • sub-committee: All committees, seems like a pointless question for bi-weekly meets
    • Notes:
      • Derek will organize on-boarding, and communicate new members to volunteers
      • Derek will remove people not interested in helping from the mailing list
      • No point to organizing committee without topics
      • Elana will take on leadership of scheduling

Sincerely,

NVDACon Notes Bot



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com






--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





Re: All: Notes for Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

derek riemer
 

This email used data that has already been cleared. Not sure why. sorry!


On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 5:25 PM <info@...> wrote:

Hello. Here are the notes for a meeting near Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

    • Topic: Serious promotion of call for topics needed
    • Description: No call for topics submission has occured. Please send a second round of promotions out. use our verbage if you'd like already vetted language
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Promoting to personal FB pages
      • Haven't promoted much to other sources
      • Can send out other announcements to NVDA list
      • Announcement sent to in-process, twitter, and set up on website
      • Accessworld: Sent community letter and call for topics, will go out this month, radio show mix will go out at 19:00 UTC
      • BlindAbilities Interview done
      • Send Shawn Martin copy of call for topics letter
      • Laura taking over leadership promotions? Will provide list of places to promote, and where past promotions have happened. Derek will help with providing tracking links
      • Add nvdacon+announce to the site
    • Topic: Audio and music needs
    • Description: We should have a promo similar to the intro music we previously had at 10th aniversary. Happy to record, might be willing to edit if someone else on technical won't. However, I need help finding good background music, background music must be able to be purchhased for use with derivative works. Happy to fund it if its not outrageous.
    • sub-committee: technical
    • Notes:
      • Seann has music, will donate, and he will offer to help with editing, has editing experience
    • Topic: backup plan if nobody submits
    • Description: This is the first year nobody has submitted a topic. If nobody submits a topic, discuss next steps. next steps include: * Organizing sessions of our own. Seems like we're holding on to a futile effort if this happens. * cancel the conference. If nobody submits a topic by Nov 15, the community has decided they don't care about NVDACon anymore. * Simply hold a forum and keynote. Seems like community interest is less.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Laura: Continue promoting, can be pushier if needed, can push hard if needed.
      • Sean: Better to cancel this year, and begin earlier next year if needed
      • Chris: Record a keynote, and send that out to individuals, release as a podcast
      • Doug: Knows a person who does podcasts on tech, can see if they are interested in presenting
      • Every conference has an end date, if community doesn't express interest for whatever reason, it's okay, we haven't failed.
      • Nimer is for possible podcast keynote, but not on board with continuing a con if no topics presented
      • Derek may not be leader of Con if con is delayed more than 6 months due to other committments
      • 5 external topics, if we don't get that number, we move forward with back-up plan of cancelling con
    • Topic: move meeting time
    • Description: To better align with dst changes between the northern and southern hemispheres, it may be advantageous for the committee to move our meetings going forward.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Move meeting to 22:00 UTC, consensus amongst committee members
    • Topic: getting the word out more about this years up coming con.
    • Description: I am looking for more ways to get the wor out besides just twette and facebook and some podcasts. d
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Already discussed above
    • Topic: On-boarding volunteers, committee meetings outside of bi-weekly meet, where promotions promotes, use of existing general and c2t letters, scheduling committee, Moving Con date,
    • Description: Do we have a process in place for on-boarding new volunteers and assigning them to committees? Are committees meeting to get progress on action items outside of bi-weekly meetings? Is there a list some place that promotions committee is using to know where to advertise, and what to advertise? Lists of mailing lists, etc. Using call to topics and general letter as a spring-board for announcements to various groups/podcast and content creators. Do we have leadership/list of members for scheduling committee? If not, we should think about assigning such. Finally, should we consider pushing back con? There has been some discussion on Teams whether things are happening too fast, and some are feeling overwhelmed. Or do we feel comfortable with our present date? What work would be involved in moving con if we choose to do that? Updating call to topics letter, providing updates through email lists/social channels.
    • sub-committee: All committees, seems like a pointless question for bi-weekly meets
    • Notes:
      • Derek will organize on-boarding, and communicate new members to volunteers
      • Derek will remove people not interested in helping from the mailing list
      • No point to organizing committee without topics
      • Elana will take on leadership of scheduling

Sincerely,

NVDACon Notes Bot



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com





All: Notes for Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

info@...
 

Hello. Here are the notes for a meeting near Sun, 24 Oct 2021 23:25:24 GMT

    • Topic: Serious promotion of call for topics needed
    • Description: No call for topics submission has occured. Please send a second round of promotions out. use our verbage if you'd like already vetted language
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Promoting to personal FB pages
      • Haven't promoted much to other sources
      • Can send out other announcements to NVDA list
      • Announcement sent to in-process, twitter, and set up on website
      • Accessworld: Sent community letter and call for topics, will go out this month, radio show mix will go out at 19:00 UTC
      • BlindAbilities Interview done
      • Send Shawn Martin copy of call for topics letter
      • Laura taking over leadership promotions? Will provide list of places to promote, and where past promotions have happened. Derek will help with providing tracking links
      • Add nvdacon+announce to the site
    • Topic: Audio and music needs
    • Description: We should have a promo similar to the intro music we previously had at 10th aniversary. Happy to record, might be willing to edit if someone else on technical won't. However, I need help finding good background music, background music must be able to be purchhased for use with derivative works. Happy to fund it if its not outrageous.
    • sub-committee: technical
    • Notes:
      • Seann has music, will donate, and he will offer to help with editing, has editing experience
    • Topic: backup plan if nobody submits
    • Description: This is the first year nobody has submitted a topic. If nobody submits a topic, discuss next steps. next steps include: * Organizing sessions of our own. Seems like we're holding on to a futile effort if this happens. * cancel the conference. If nobody submits a topic by Nov 15, the community has decided they don't care about NVDACon anymore. * Simply hold a forum and keynote. Seems like community interest is less.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Laura: Continue promoting, can be pushier if needed, can push hard if needed.
      • Sean: Better to cancel this year, and begin earlier next year if needed
      • Chris: Record a keynote, and send that out to individuals, release as a podcast
      • Doug: Knows a person who does podcasts on tech, can see if they are interested in presenting
      • Every conference has an end date, if community doesn't express interest for whatever reason, it's okay, we haven't failed.
      • Nimer is for possible podcast keynote, but not on board with continuing a con if no topics presented
      • Derek may not be leader of Con if con is delayed more than 6 months due to other committments
      • 5 external topics, if we don't get that number, we move forward with back-up plan of cancelling con
    • Topic: move meeting time
    • Description: To better align with dst changes between the northern and southern hemispheres, it may be advantageous for the committee to move our meetings going forward.
    • sub-committee: all
    • Notes:
      • Move meeting to 22:00 UTC, consensus amongst committee members
    • Topic: getting the word out more about this years up coming con.
    • Description: I am looking for more ways to get the wor out besides just twette and facebook and some podcasts. d
    • sub-committee: promotions
    • Notes:
      • Already discussed above
    • Topic: On-boarding volunteers, committee meetings outside of bi-weekly meet, where promotions promotes, use of existing general and c2t letters, scheduling committee, Moving Con date,
    • Description: Do we have a process in place for on-boarding new volunteers and assigning them to committees? Are committees meeting to get progress on action items outside of bi-weekly meetings? Is there a list some place that promotions committee is using to know where to advertise, and what to advertise? Lists of mailing lists, etc. Using call to topics and general letter as a spring-board for announcements to various groups/podcast and content creators. Do we have leadership/list of members for scheduling committee? If not, we should think about assigning such. Finally, should we consider pushing back con? There has been some discussion on Teams whether things are happening too fast, and some are feeling overwhelmed. Or do we feel comfortable with our present date? What work would be involved in moving con if we choose to do that? Updating call to topics letter, providing updates through email lists/social channels.
    • sub-committee: All committees, seems like a pointless question for bi-weekly meets
    • Notes:
      • Derek will organize on-boarding, and communicate new members to volunteers
      • Derek will remove people not interested in helping from the mailing list
      • No point to organizing committee without topics
      • Elana will take on leadership of scheduling

Sincerely,

NVDACon Notes Bot

1 - 20 of 1144