Re: this years NVDACon.

Adriani Botez

Not yet, not sure if the author applied for basic review. You can write him maybe.

Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Shaun Everiss
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020 22:44
An: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [NVDACon] this years NVDACon.

Hmmm of course, is that on the main nvda community page, forgot about that, I'll go and install it.

On 28/05/2020 8:42 am, Adriani Botez wrote:

There is an NVDA addon for that, check this:

https://github.com/munawarb/NVDA-Time-Zoner

Best

Adriani

Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Shaun Everiss
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020 22:41
An: intl@NVDACon.groups.io

Well its interesting you should mention utc, is there a good timezone converter I need a small tool to convert times I put into it to my local timezone because I have a beta contract in june and the thing is online, I signed up knowing that is the case but I need an easy way to convert on the fly.

I know I can do this online but is there anything faster than that.

On 28/05/2020 8:19 am, Adriani Botez wrote:

Dear Quentin and all,

as for me, I have already written that currently my job takes alot of my ressources and currently I also have some other priorities this year. I would be glad to help out as much as I can for NVDACon, but someone else might take the lead here.

I have already written this at the beginning of the year, but sofar we didn’t get any applications for the co-chair position sofar unfortunately.

Currently there is a good infrastructure in place on Google drive as follows:

• A promo sheet with many addresses (social media channels, mailing lists, radio stations etc) where NVDACon could be promoted
  • A spreadsheet with a time frame for sessions, ready to go. Only session name, description and author need to be adjusted accordingly. I think Derek even used his super skills and improved this and linked it with the website so that timehzones are considered automatically. The spreadsheet itself is in UTC
  • Standards for audio editing in case anything needs to be uploaded
  • Agendas and notes from previous NVDACon organizational meetings to see what was discussed.

The only thing we need are moderators and promoters. I am happy to manage the email address info@... and respond to queeries etc. But I will not be able to do the promo job and the organizational stuff like writing to presenters etc this time.

So happy to see some interested people who are motivated to take the lead here. I certainly would give some guidance and support where needed.

Best

Adriani

Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Quentin Christensen
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020 02:26
An: intl@nvdacon.groups.io

Hi everyone,

NV Access are certainly keen to continue to champion NVDACon and happy to provide whatever support is needed.  I think this year more than ever, people are looking at what online conferences are around, so I think it should be well received publicly (my completely unscientific opinion).  As it happens I was speaking with one of the presenters from last year who had some notes from her talk.  I was thinking I might share those in perhaps the next In-Process and that might be a good segway into getting people starting to think about the conference.  I just put out In-Process last night, so if we have any thoughts on what we'd like to start to say at this point (just "we're starting to plan this year's NVDACon, start thinking about what you'd like to have included" is fine).

Quentin.

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:27 AM Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@...> wrote:

we should have the con. i dont know what others say.

On 5/15/20, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
> Hey there, to all wherever you are around the world. First, I would like to
> say I hope that this message finds you well. What I am wanting to find out
> is are we having NVDACon this year and if we are when are we going to start
> planning for it? I would like to start working on it as soon as we can  so
> could people please reply back thanks ..
>
>
>
>
>

--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@...
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join intl@NVDACon.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.