Re: Meeting today

derek riemer
 
Edited

Notes:
Sorry, I'm busy updating the website and other things, these are unedited and have errors.


Notes for Meeting on October 20th 2019



  1. Current topic submission status


Adraini and Derek will coordinate to send invitations and ask for other times.

Derek will coordinate with Spanish commuinity, and will CC a.


Tentative schedule:

Beginning at
Ending atSpeakerE-mail addressNVDACon organizer in chargeorganizer E-mail addressTitle of presentationShort descriptionStatus (invitation sent / invitation accepted / invitation not accepted)reminder (not sent/sent/confirmed)Notes
11/15/201921:00:0023:00:00



Opening forum 1The opening forum is a place for NVDA users to chat amongst themselves. This session simply allows users to speak with other users about NVDA in a free form style. Questions are welcome, answers are offered, and we encourage the NVDA community to have fun and kindle friendship amongst each other.


11/15/201923:00:0000:00:00Google
Derek
Accessibility features in Chromehow to use automatic image descriptions with Google Chrome, and general accessibility improvements in the browser, including to the tab-strip.Google confirmed

11/16/201900:00:0001:00:00Joseph Lee


User meetingMeeting and discussion with users of Joseph Lee's addonsTopic submissed by the speaker

11/16/201909:00:0010:30:00



Opening forum 2The opening forum is a place for NVDA users to chat amongst themselves. This session simply allows users to speak with other users about NVDA in a free form style. Questions are welcome, answers are offered, and we encourage the NVDA community to have fun and kindle friendship amongst each other.

Repeat session to allow other time zone to join at a convenient time
11/16/201910:30:0011:00:00Deborah Armstrongarmstrongdeborah@...Adriani can run the session.
Learning new languages and reading in other languageschanging to an international keyboard, setting up Windows one-core for different languages, using the SwitchSynth and the Braille Extender add-ons to assist in language learning and how to mark up a document to read properly in another language.Topic submissed by the speaker

11/16/201911:00:0011:30:00野々垣美名子 (Minako Nonogaki)minakonono3519@...Adriani can run the session.adriani.botez@...Orbit reader with NVDA, live demoDemonstration of the cheap braille display Orbit Reader with NVDATopic submissed by the speakersent
11/16/201911:30:0012:00:00Tetsuro Okane
Adriani
NVDA at workstarting NVDA at work and other corporate environment aspects.Topic submissed by the translator
Speaker speaks in japanese, Minako will simultaniously translate into inglish
11/16/201914:00:00qw2Sukil Etxenikesukiletxe@...Adriani
Phonetics and Syntax reading with NVDADemonstrates how we can read phonetic symbols by using the Char Info addon, and how to add them to the punctuation / symbols dictionary. That way, synthesizers which don't support them can speak them when they occur. Additionally, a discussion about a method to create syntax trees in Microsoft Excel in an accessible way, by merging cells to show both constituency and hierarchy of nodes in an accessible and readable way for both blind and sighted people.
More info on reading phonetics and creating accessible hierarchies can be found on the speaker'sblog at https://www.sukiletxe.eu
Topic submissed by the speaker

11/16/201921:00:0022:30:00Tony Malykh

New NVDA AddonsTony will present his 6 already successful addons as well as two new addons in developmentTopic submissed by the speaker

11/17/201901:00:0003:00:00NV Accessinfo@...
quentin@...
Derek
Adriani Ethan

Keynote by NV AccessOnce a year at NVDACon, NV Access assembles in front of the community to offer a keynote.
This year presents the largest changes to the NVDA development landscape the project has ever seen, and thus NVDACon once again welcomes NV Access to the stage to talk about what this means for the project, and how we are future proofing NVDA!
This year, the keynote will be delivered live, and then 8 hours later, will be played again, allowing European and Asian listeners to tune in. At the end of this, a second q&a session will take place for those who couldn't make it to the live event.
</p>


first live second recorded
11/17/201904:00:00




Closing ForumThe closing forum aims to bring all users, developers and presenters one last time together to reflect all new ideas and thoughts gained throughout the conference. It is the forum where you can give feedback to NVDACon organizers and suggest improvements we should consider for next year NVDACon. And last but not least, it is the place where cooperations are established and next steps are discussed.


11/17/201910:00:0012:00:00NV Accessinfo@...
quentin@...
Derek
Adriani Ethan

Keynote by NV Access"Once a year at NVDACon, NV Access assembles in front of the community to offer a keynote.
This year presents the largest changes to the NVDA development landscape the project has ever seen, and thus NVDACon once again welcomes NV Access to the stage to talk about what this means for the project, and how we are future proofing NVDA!
This year, the keynote will be delivered live, and then 8 hours later, will be played again, allowing European and Asian listeners to tune in. At the end of this, a second q&a session will take place for those who couldn't make it to the live event.
</p>"


Replay, second Q&A
11/17/201913:00:00




Closing ForumClosing forum for other time zones.

Repeat session to allow other time zones to join at a convenient time

  1. Keynote NV Access (final confirmation)

Scheduled time is okay.

Quentin Derek Adriani send promo to mailing lists.

<coordinate with Quentin to get an official statement from NV Access sent to nvda@nvda.groups.io>

<Coordinate with Spanish translators. Speedy transmition of final raw audio will be esential. Backup recorders are esential to keynote success.


  1. Status of promotion (official promo)


Derek/Laura coordinate website posting topic of the week.

Derek will design official audio promo to be played in tandom with opening events and at keynote.

Laura organizes a recorded and maybe also a live interview.

a new meeting two weeks before the conference. Probably a meeting less than a week away.

Robert/derek/laura official audio promo coordination.




  1. Moderators

Laura, Adriani, Derek,and other people which can be reached over mailing lists. Bhavyah could be a third/second backup mod if we really need.

Anyone here who can moderate, please email us. We have a packed schedule this year.


  1. Audio editing (tests etc)


Reach out to mail list. Rethink how to get record help.

Current volunteers:

Derek

Robbert


Austin

Austin is ready for audio recording and editing. Robbert is helping Austin set things up.

Probably will use syncthing again this year with introducer mode.


  1. Sessions with simultanious translation


Contacting Spanish to work this out.


Contact Japanese speakers to see how they can translate in real time, need/want time on the server to run a test, etc.


On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 8:49 AM Iván Novegil via Groups.Io <ivan.novegil=nvda.es@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all.


Could you send a summary of the topics which have been discussed? At least of any topics that could affect us, as the project of translating the Keynote is still active and being planned.


Thanks! Regards.

---

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...


NVDA.es Logo
Comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA | Proyecto NVDA.es
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***


O 21/10/2019 21:34, Adriani Botez escribiu:

At which time?

 

 

Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> Im Auftrag von lauracornwell
Gesendet: Montag, 21. Oktober 2019 14:49
An: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting today

 

Hey there everyone   , I am wanting to find out who would be able to do a recorded interview  on Friday  or Saturday of this week dates are the 25 or 26 please let know thanks everyone

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of derek riemer
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2019 2:12 PM
To: intl@nvdacon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Meeting today

 

Confirmed

 

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 12:13 PM lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:

Yes it is hear .

 

From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io <intl@NVDACon.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adriani Botez
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2019 1:12 PM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: [NVDACon] Meeting today

 

Hello all,

 

is it ok for you if we meet at 21:30 UTC? I have another meeting beforhand and it could take a bit longer.

 

Best

Adriani

 



--

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!       
⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com


 



--
Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠁ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

•    Personal website: https://derekriemer.com




Join intl@NVDACon.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.