Re: Notes for Feb 12, 2018

derek riemer

Oh boy, that's not an easy schedule to work out for planning.
I'll get you the form soon, if I don't poke me here, I have a very busy week with interviews and classes this week.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 3:14 PM, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:

Dear all,

please see my comments in brackets below.

Von: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] Im Auftrag von derek riemer
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Februar 2018 23:17
An: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Betreff: [NVDACon] Notes for Feb 12, 2018

Notes, Feb 12, 2018, 01:00 UTC

  • Conference call for topics
    • Reuse last years letter? (No no votes).
    • Site admins can post it when ready. Ask us for confirmation first, we should have someone QA check the post.
  • Volunteer to reach out to microsoft a11y for a session idea.
    • Maybe reach out to msftEnable, or a couple of contacts Derek/Joseph/others have whose details won’t be put in a public location.
    • Give them a couple of hints on what to speak on. But keep it up to them.

[Adi: I could reach out the german accessibility team, I have a contact there. But I am ready to speak with other contacts proposed by you as well. I would firstly like to have a short brainstorming on which topics could be presented from your point of view. I suggest i.e. future of accessibility APIs, how can our community contribute to the development? What is Microsoft’s plan for the future?]

  • Someone ask the all powerful Jamie if Mozilla wants to have a session.
  • Brainstorm authors to speak from addons community, go!
    • Tony Malykh
    • André-Abush Clause
    • Javi Dominguez
    • Abdel
    • Jose Manuel Delicado
    • Damien Sykes-Lindley
    • … Suggestions welcome, a public announcement will shortly be sent to nvda-addons on groups.io asking addon developers to inform the committee if they want to give a lightning talk on their addon.
    • Personal invites will be sent out to each of them after a selection process by the committee.

[Adi: I propose contacting Tuukka Ojala as well.]

  • Date of NVDACon, specifically keynote for NVAccess, (mid/end May/early June) Last may weekend???( May 27/28 keynote) but maybe not, that’s America memorial day.
  • If Quentin is here, ask about zoom.

  • Ethan stats update on the conference.
    • See the bottom of these notes for a table of stats. Note that download stats are believed to be incorrect and malfunctioning.
  • Laura wants to do a mainstream PSA on radio, we need promo ideas for a mainstream PSA.
  • Access world, if we get the date solidified soon.
  • If it’s a good promo, we can use the promo for other blindness related audio potentially.
  • We forgot to finish the survey, to be sent out when possible
    • We need to add questions to the survey, reach out if you want to do this.

[Adi: I would like to add questions. Is there a draft of this survey?]

  • advertising the con. We should reach out to:
    • ACB Radio
    • Edified Access Radio
    • The station in india
  • Moving forward: Try to leave the meeting at this slot in time, it works both for America and Austrailia. Do we have any Europeans interested in planning? If so, we should reevaluate.

[Adi: I am interested in contributing. I come from Germany.]

Overview

Users Online:

0

Visitor

Visit

Today:

43

207

Yesterday:

39

176

Last 7 Days:

393

2,196

Last 30 Days:

2,284

9,025

Last 365 Days:

28,128

139,159

Total:

28,128

139,159

Top 10 Browsers

1.      Firefox (11,343)

2.      Chrome (6,820)

3.      Safari (5,265)

4.      MSIE (1,012)

5.      Edge (794)

Visits: 11,063

2 - Past Conferences

Visits: 3,2293 - NVDACon 2017: May 19th through 21st, 2017

Visits: 1,299

4 - NVDACon 2017 Program and Schedule

Visits: 1,075

5 - How to join us

Visits: 716

6 - Contact Us

Visits: 126

  Name

Clicks / Uniq

2017 Promo

26/26

2017 Open Forum

40/36

2017 Windows 10

30/30

Non code contributions

68/67

2017 keynote

27/26

Lightning Talk 3, 2017

23/22

Lightning Talk 2, 2017

23/22

Lightning Talk 1, 2017

27/26

Google Conference 2017

7/34

Something might be wrong with the mp3 data. Investigation ongoing.

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·        University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·        Accessibility enthusiast.

·        Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·        Open source enthusiast.

·        Skier.

Personal website

--