Re: NVDAcon elections, NVDACon 2018

Ethan

Hello all,

My name is Ethan. I have been a user of the NVDA screen reader part time for 6 years, 4 years full time. I became interested in the NVDA project in 2009, however I did not start to use the program part time until 2011. In May 2013 I decided to use the program as my primary screen reader. I have seen NVDA go through many improvements and changes throughout the years, and feel confident that I can speak about the program both on a technical and nontechnical level.
I helped out with the planning and with the imkplamentation of NVDACon U.S. 2016 as well as NVDACon International 2017. For both, I managed the websites for http://us-con.nvda-community.org/ and http://www.NVDACon.org/ providing updated information to content, and links to recordings.
I have also contributed to the Github issue tracker and helping with the triage process, commenting on issues that require additional information or clerification, as well as closing issues when appropriate.

You can contact me at this email address or at ethan1191 on Skype. I would love to assist in the planning for NVDACon International 2018!

Thank you,

Ethan