Re: Conference submissions

James Teh <jamie@...>

Fine with me.

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Shane Davidson <stickbear2016@...> wrote:

I vote yes.

Shane

On 2017-05-01 12:24 PM, derek riemer wrote:
12 hours to vote yes or no, starts now.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mabry, Jessie <Jessie.Mabry@...>
Date: Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:23 AM
Subject: RE: Conference submissions
To: Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...>

Hi Derek,

Thanks for being willing to fit me in. I can certainly be available on the 20th.It would be my first time presenting at this or any other conference, so I’m not sure if there’s anything special involved or whether my topic would be of interest to participants. With that disclaimer out of the way:

NVDA in K-12 Education

This session will explore some perceived benefits and challenges of using NVDA with K-12 students. It has a lot of potential in educational settings, so I hope to raise awareness about hurdles and misperceptions that can be addressed to help students and teachers embrace it as a robust and user-friendly access tool.

Please let me know what else you might need or what I should know about presenting.

Thanks again,

Jessie