Shane

On 2017-05-01 12:24 PM, derek riemer wrote:
12 hours to vote yes or no, starts now.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:23 AM
Subject: RE: Conference submissions
To: Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...>

Hi Derek,

Thanks for being willing to fit me in. I can certainly be available on the 20th.It would be my first time presenting at this or any other conference, so I’m not sure if there’s anything special involved or whether my topic would be of interest to participants. With that disclaimer out of the way:

NVDA in K-12 Education

This session will explore some perceived benefits and challenges of using NVDA with K-12 students. It has a lot of potential in educational settings, so I hope to raise awareness about hurdles and misperceptions that can be addressed to help students and teachers embrace it as a robust and user-friendly access tool.

Please let me know what else you might need or what I should know about presenting.

Thanks again,

Jessie

Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:30 PM
To: Mabry, Jessie
Cc: info@...
Subject: Re: Conference submissions

Hi:

Sorry this took a while for me to get back to you on.

I needed to check with the committee, mainly so on whether we could fit in another lightning talk session in.

I would be happy to have you at the conference. Unfortunately, there's only one lightning talk session, and it's going to be on Saturday morning (Times are still being finalized). I expect the session to be offered somewhere after 2 UTC, and we have three lightning talks in store for that day including yours. Can you please send me a short description, and confirm whether you will be available on May 20th (In Australia and Asia that's may 21st)? I'm excited that you are willing to present at NVDACon 2017. Thanks for submitting, and I'll get back after our meeting tonight about a more exact time.

Cheers,

Derek

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 6:03 AM, Mabry, Jessie <Jessie.Mabry@...> wrote:

Good morning, I know it’s well past the deadline for NVDACon submissions, but since the conference date hasn’t been announced yet, I wanted to check whether you might still have room for a lightning talk. Just a longshot…

Thanks,

Jessie Mabry

Assistive Technologist, Children’s Services Division

Department of Rehabilitation Services

Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind

184 Windsor Ave.

Windsor, CT  06095

Phone: 860-602-4185

Fax: 860-706-1403

Jessie.mabry@...

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

·         University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.

·         Accessibility enthusiast.

·         Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.

·         Open source enthusiast.

·         Skier.

Personal website

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

• University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th year undergraduate student.
  • Accessibility enthusiast.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Skier.

Personal website

Join intl@NVDACon.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.