From: intl@NVDACon.groups.io [mailto:intl@NVDACon.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bhavya shah
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 4:41 AM
To: intl@NVDACon.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDACon] Bhavya's page

Hi all,
I also had suggested to Derek and I believe he is currently investigating the same possibility of getting the @NVDACon Twitter account's Tweeting activity to show up in a subsequent heading on the homepage, quite similar to what happens on nvaccess.org.
I do intend to add further pages, including History, About Us and others as and when I initiate work. I will now be unavailable this weekend, still I hope to make significant progress in the weeks after that. I would be happy to write additional content if anyone has specific suggestions or topics which need coverage.
Thanks.

On 1/27/17, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Hi Guys:
Here's a draft of a redesigned home page that Bhavya put together.
Thoughts? I'm curious if we should add a history section, explaining
the types of sessions we have had in the past. Also, If anyone wants
to start contacting some radio broadcasts after we get dates, that would be great.
I'd love feedback on http://nvdacon.org. if you want to help edit the
site and don't have access yet, please do let me know.
Ethan archived the old site last week, but we still need to figure out
how we're gonna store archives.
cheers,
Derek

What is NVDACon?

NVDACon (The Non-Visual Desktop Access Users and Developers
Conference) is an annually held online conference of users, testers,
developers, translators and other beneficiaries of the free, open
source and community-driven NVDA screen reader
<https://www.nvdacon.org/wp-admin/www.nvaccess.org>.
Inspired back in 2014 by community interest, NVDACon has been
conducted regionally in Asia, Korea, Japan, the United States of
America, etc., and internationally each year. Since this is the the
first NVDACon after NVDA turned a decade old in 2016, we can assure
you that NVDACon International
2017 will be one you wouldn't want to miss!
Stay tuned to grab opportunities to network with fellow NVDA users,
learn about related projects, discover how you can optimize the usage
of your favorite software with NVDA and hear from and interact
directly with the gentlemen behind this life-changing screen reader.

Our Mission

As a fully community-run initiative, NVDACon strives to serve as an
international platform to annually convene blind and visually impaired
individuals, rehabilitation professionals and assistive technology
experts across the globe to increase awareness about the on going
happenings at NV Access, the Australian non-profit organization behind
NVDA, the available material and resources to shift to NVDA, and act
as a venue to empower those seeking to employ NVDA with its absolute
flexibility and rich features.

Hi guys:

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

- University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th
year undergraduate student.
- Accessibility enthusiast.
- Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
- Open source enthusiast.