Re: Bhavya's page

Bhavya shah

Hi all,
I also had suggested to Derek and I believe he is currently
investigating the same possibility of getting the @NVDACon Twitter
account's Tweeting activity to show up in a subsequent heading on the
homepage, quite similar to what happens on nvaccess.org.
I do intend to add further pages, including History, About Us and
others as and when I initiate work. I will now be unavailable this
weekend, still I hope to make significant progress in the weeks after
that. I would be happy to write additional content if anyone has
specific suggestions or topics which need coverage.
Thanks.

On 1/27/17, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Hi Guys:
Here's a draft of a redesigned home page that Bhavya put together.
Thoughts? I'm curious if we should add a history section, explaining the
types of sessions we have had in the past. Also, If anyone wants to start
contacting some radio broadcasts after we get dates, that would be great.
I'd love feedback on http://nvdacon.org. if you want to help edit the site
and don't have access yet, please do let me know.
Ethan archived the old site last week, but we still need to figure out how
we're gonna store archives.
cheers,
Derek

What is NVDACon?

NVDACon (The Non-Visual Desktop Access Users and Developers Conference) is
an annually held online conference of users, testers, developers,
translators and other beneficiaries of the free, open source and
community-driven NVDA screen reader
<https://www.nvdacon.org/wp-admin/www.nvaccess.org>.
Inspired back in 2014 by community interest, NVDACon has been conducted
regionally in Asia, Korea, Japan, the United States of America, etc., and
internationally each year. Since this is the the first NVDACon after NVDA
turned a decade old in 2016, we can assure you that NVDACon International
2017 will be one you wouldn't want to miss!
Stay tuned to grab opportunities to network with fellow NVDA users, learn
about related projects, discover how you can optimize the usage of your
favorite software with NVDA and hear from and interact directly with the
gentlemen behind this life-changing screen reader.

Our Mission

As a fully community-run initiative, NVDACon strives to serve as an
international platform to annually convene blind and visually impaired
individuals, rehabilitation professionals and assistive technology experts
across the globe to increase awareness about the on going happenings at NV
Access, the Australian non-profit organization behind NVDA, the available
material and resources to shift to NVDA, and act as a venue to empower
those seeking to employ NVDA with its absolute flexibility and rich
features.

Hi guys:

--

Derek Riemer: Improving the world one byte at a time!

- University of Colorado Boulder Department of computer science, 4th
year undergraduate student.
- Accessibility enthusiast.
- Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
- Open source enthusiast.