Re: Many notes on NVDACon

Bhavya shah

Hi Derek,
* I'll make sure to create a new Wordpress account at the earliest.
* I'd be happy to coordinate the initial effort of getting RadioUdaan
on board as a live broadcaster. I cannot commit to be in-charge during
the actual conference due to previously stated time constraints,
though there should be limited issues because a RadioUdaan
representative is already well-versed with the same software setup.
* As a mental note, I do need to provide subscription information for
the Audacity for the blind mailing list, don't I, Derek? Let me know
if you have the same subscription details already.
* I have compiled a currently limited list of news disemination
services, assistive tech news sites, blindness related radio stations
among other types of related agencies we may need to reach out to
requesting various kinds of collaborations and assistance. Please find
attached the same document.
Thanks.

On 1/17/17, derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
Replies inline

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 9:21 PM, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...>
wrote:

However, isn't it that I can use my existing Wordpress account (with
which I had created one blog for experimentational purposes) to gain
edit access to nvdacon.org as well, or is it necessary for me to
create a new account?
You need a new account. This is because NVDACon uses wordpress.org (The OOS
software where each site requires new accounts.

* On an unrelated yet extremely important note, I do think it
imperative that we convince blindness related radio stations to
broadcast NVDACon International 2017 live. I had arranged this for
NVDACon Asia with RadioUdaan in India, and this certainly expanded the
reach of the Asian conference to approximately 1300 individuals. The
RNIB's Insight Radio, ACB Radio among others that folks may be aware
of are also potential Internet stations to be purposefully contacted.
Sounds great!

I am fairly certain that RadioUdaan would be willing to broadcast this
time about as well given their satisfaction with the Asian
conference's management and quality (though admittedly, this time
about they'd prefer proper pre-conference instruction, unlike our
slightly flawed pre-conference collaboration in the case of NVDACon
Asia).
If you can help set this up, that would be great.

In my past experiences of Teamtalk, there is a limited amount
of visually impaired individuals who are on or show willingness to set
up Teamtalk, therefore an easy-to-tune Internet radio station(s) is an
absolute must. Their participation and interactions could be managed
by a dedicated individual via Skype and/or e-mail.
This is one thing I think hindering our growth, and radio stations may help
a lot.

* In hope of having high-quality conference sessions from esteemed
speakers, we must ensure recruitment of adept audio editors. This can
be done by putting up this voluntary position request on NVDA and
NVDACon lists, as well as audio editing program accessibility forums
(such as Audacity for the blind's mailing list).
Good point.

Thanks.

On 1/17/17, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
I would love to help out with promoting this year’s NVDACon in the
following ways

I would like to contact radio stayshions, and some more things I would
also like to be able to help someone with letter righting.