Re: Many notes on NVDACon

Bhavya shah

Hi Derek,
* I have Skyped Waqas requesting the same Wordpress plugin.
* I will begin compiling related contact information at the earliest,
and provide it as and when ready (possibly in parts).
* I may and may not be available from March onwards, because I am
taking my tenth grade seriously. However, the possibility still
remains of me being able to contribute during those period too,
particularly in the second fortnight of May when I have my summer
vacations. It is simply that I do not wish to commit to anything for
then.
* For our objective, I still believe a static homepage to be more suitable.
* Don't worry about the content writing bits. I will ensure all your
listed topics are extensively covered to the best of my abilities.
However, isn't it that I can use my existing Wordpress account (with
which I had created one blog for experimentational purposes) to gain
edit access to nvdacon.org as well, or is it necessary for me to
create a new account?
* I had expressed my views on this before during a Teamtalk session
probably during past planning meetings. In my opinion, taking into
account the sufficiently low-trafficc nature of the NVDACon planning
mailing list, I find the announcements list to be quite redundant and
somewhat of an overkill. My vision of an NVDACon e-group structure is
as follows:
Parent group - NVDACon International planning, coordination and
regional conference invites
Subgroups - 1 for each NVDACon regional's planning
This would build a structurally systematic framework for planning of
all regional and global NVDACons with great scope for cooperation and
uniformity.
* On an unrelated yet extremely important note, I do think it
imperative that we convince blindness related radio stations to
broadcast NVDACon International 2017 live. I had arranged this for
NVDACon Asia with RadioUdaan in India, and this certainly expanded the
reach of the Asian conference to approximately 1300 individuals. The
RNIB's Insight Radio, ACB Radio among others that folks may be aware
of are also potential Internet stations to be purposefully contacted.
I am fairly certain that RadioUdaan would be willing to broadcast this
time about as well given their satisfaction with the Asian
conference's management and quality (though admittedly, this time
about they'd prefer proper pre-conference instruction, unlike our
slightly flawed pre-conference collaboration in the case of NVDACon
Asia). In my past experiences of Teamtalk, there is a limited amount
of visually impaired individuals who are on or show willingness to set
up Teamtalk, therefore an easy-to-tune Internet radio station(s) is an
absolute must. Their participation and interactions could be managed
by a dedicated individual via Skype and/or e-mail.
* In hope of having high-quality conference sessions from esteemed
speakers, we must ensure recruitment of adept audio editors. This can
be done by putting up this voluntary position request on NVDA and
NVDACon lists, as well as audio editing program accessibility forums
(such as Audacity for the blind's mailing list).
Thanks.

On 1/17/17, lauracornwell <lauracornwell1@...> wrote:
I would love to help out with promoting this year’s NVDACon in the
following ways

I would like to contact radio stayshions, and some more things I would
also like to be able to help someone with letter righting.