Re: NVDACon International 2016: Testimonials, testimonials and more testimonials

Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clcaul@...>

Just to give due credits: I translate mainly the NVDA interface messages and the add-ons, and Marlin, a coleague who came later, is responsible for the users' guide and the changes' document.

Cheers
Cleverson

Em 08/04/2016 13:15, Cleverson escreveu:

Hello,

My name is Cleverson, from Brazil. I've heard of NVDA for the first time
still in 2006, when a brazilian contact forwarded to a mailing list a
little message from Michael Curran announcing that he was working on a
project as part of his graduating course. He also said it already
supported Sapi 5, though it couldn't yet provide a good Notepad support.
Then I joined the mailing list he announced for the project, and as soon
as I noticed it was serious, I volunteered to translate it to Brazilian
Portuguese. The localization support was not implemented, but I decided
to continue following the project in any case, and within some months it
became possible for translators to being working, so I did it. If the
project was starting today, I'm not sure I would have volunteered, since
I'm busier today than I was. In any case, NVDA is today the project on
which I work for the longest time, since 2006 December.

Apart from the translation, some of my suggestions were also
implemented, such as using txt2tags, a brazilian application, to
generate the docs, and the Microsoft speech platform synthesisers'
support, initially suggested by a ticket opened by me.

I've used NVDA for the last five years on my workplace, so there have
been no need to pay for comercial solutions. At home I also use it
practically exclusively.

I think that's it. In case I remember other interesting facts, I'll
write it down here.

Greetings,
Cleverson