Re: how to edit the website

jenna deupree

I believe I answered her statements and offerred her a excellent
contact. I was of course unaware of the volunteer form on the
website at the time or would have ask her to fill it out. at the
time. however, regardless of a person's ability to spell, speak, or
any other difficulty they may have something can always be found for
them that they are capable of doing . even if its simply
brainstorming and letting others know of ideas. No, not every idea is
a good one not even mine but to constructively critisize someone is
far better than to simply toss them out the door.

jenna

On 10/24/21, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
If you call that a dictation mistake or two, I'm glad you're not a leader.

As I requested, please take up any issues with my message privately.

Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 1:57 PM Doug Lee <dgl@dlee.org> wrote:

I'm not an NVDACon leader either, but I was appalled that you would so
deride a person who came with a desire to help. If you're worried about
how
well we will be represented by someone who fails to
fix a dictation mistake or two, I'm worried how we are represented by
someone who, with actual will and forethought, undertakes publicly to
jeer
at a newcomer in such fashion. Enough said I'm sure.

My signature quotes are drawn from a small pool at random; I admit I am
most amused by the chance selection for this message.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 04:50:01AM -0700, Nimer Jaber wrote:
That may be the case, but if we want to put on a polished conference,
we certainly cannot be putting out messaging such as the one sent,
whether intended or not, and if dictation was used, that is not an
excuse for proper editing, particularly if you are attempting to
showcase your skills to volunteer for a conference. I do not know why
the message ended up the way it did, there could be all sorts of valid
reasons. Nonetheless, it is not advisable to have an individual
representing a conference with writing like that, unless that task
does
not require writing of any kind. If you feel I'm being harsh, please
write to me privately, but I'm just saying it how it is, as I am not a
leader of con, and can probably get away with saying it. I don't know
how Derek feels, but I suspect that, as a leader, if he did feel this
way, he probably would not post what I am posting here.
Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 4:37 AM Christopher Duffley
<[1]christophernduffley@gmail.com> wrote:

Let's just say dictation really screws up with people and if they
don't
know how to correctly use it then you're in huge trouble
grammar-wise...
Here's what I believe she wants to say:
Hello,
My name is Christina and I am interested in the NVDA conference and
how I can help. I am fixing to download NVDAÂ on my computer because
it's more descriptive than JAWS, but I will have JAWS on there too.
Iâm
a user of both.
Sincerely yours,
Christina
Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast:
[2]http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971
12 Pro Max
On Oct 23, 2021, at 16:49, derek riemer <[3]driemer.riemer@gmail.com>
wrote:

What?
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Christina Palmer
<[4]hope.palmer19777@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA conference
and how I can help I am fixing to download and VA on my computer
becauseHello my name is Christina and I am interested in the NDA
conference and how I can help I am fixing to download and DVI on my
computer because it does more descriptive than jars but I will have
jars on there too Iâm a user of both.Â

Sincerely yours

ChristinaÂ

"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few
accomplish
"I am a leader by default, only because nature does not allow a vacuum."
Bishop Desmond Tutu

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

Thank you, and have a great day!