Re: NVdaCon stuff please read and let me know what you all think.

derek riemer

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 2:28 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

Teamtalk is a good option.

No it isn't.
* There are many issues for beginners just getting started.
* Theres no web interface for people who don't want to install it.
* It requires us to maintain a teamtalk server which is becoming harder as we scale.
* No phone bridge, building one out is going to require lots of tech work. Thats more time sunk that we can't use for anything else.

Zoom you only get an hour unless you pay for zoom licences.

We can get lisenses.

I do not know about google meet, or skype or anything like that.

We can use Google meet for Non-proffit.

But I guess if people put in cash you could try zoom I guess.

We don't need to directly pay for it. I've talked with some blindness orgs in the US who may be willing to let us use their zoom account. They already have web conference modes set up. Teamtalk could be set up by third parties for between session discussions,

Teamtalk is quite good though the qt version  is the one getting the most work done on it these days and is still not complete as far as classic is but the teamtalk devs are working on passing bugs to the various places they even have a rep somewhere on here.

On 26/08/2021 12:54 am, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello,

Can we consider, please, meeting using Google Meet, Zoom, or anything other than TeamTalk? Both for meetings and for NVDACon itself? Please?

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 1:25 AM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Hi Minako
I'm afraid it will be terribly early for you, the details for the
meeting can be found here:
https://dateful.com/eventlink/5959565730

The link is valuable for all that want to check the date in their local time.
Please tell me if something's wrong (especially @Laura TT server info).

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber