Re: NVdaCon stuff please read and let me know what you all think.

Robert Hänggi

On 26/08/2021, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
The other thing is, instead of paying for Zoom long-term, they do have an
add-on to a regular plan for 500 or 1000 participants, which I would add.
We may want to put together some sort of registration form for Con, for no
other reason than to try to get an idea of the number of participants, and
it can be used to get the word out and drum up interest.
Absolutely. For instance via
https://www.eventbrite.com/
There's also a service by Zoom itself, if I don't err, Zoom One or something.
It's even possible to sell tickets and target NPOs for the return. Not
that I want to make users pay for, just saying.
Robert

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021, 20:14 Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
wrote:

Cheers, it makes sense, although it seems a big jump, eg for Zoom, it's
$15 / month to have a meeting with up to a hundred participants and one
host, $20 / month for 300 participants and one host, or $30 for 100
participants and two hosts.

I guess the other thing too would be different "rooms" - NVDACon isn't
all
in one big meeting - we have traditionally had the lobby, the
presentation
room, and then other private rooms if needed.

I have used Zoom and other options as much as the rest of us, I have just
mostly joined other calls (or setup simple ones myself) and not really
used
any fancy features myself :)

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 12:51 PM Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...>
wrote:

You get the ability to have multiple hosts. For me, I won't give out my
login info to others directly as Zoom does have my payment info linked
it, for instance. However, I can add an additional host, by paying more,
who can also log in and start the meeting in the event that I am unable
to.
Once a host is logged in, they can assign multiple cohosts, but this is
only per meeting, and a meeting cannot begin unless the main host starts
it.

Hope this makes a bit more sense.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 7:19 PM Quentin Christensen
<quentin@...>
wrote:

Thanks Nimer,

I'll have a chat with James here and look at the options - of course it
depends on what everyone else wants to use as well. Zoom is ONE
option,
but there are others.

I'm still trying to get my head around what you get for paying for more
than one license / user / account etc.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 11:59 AM Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...>
wrote:

Hello Quentin,

I recommend asking to see what can be done. One thing to note with
that
pricing is, there is a limit for one host. That host can assign other
cohosts without a problem, but I would recommend, for this kind of
thing,
purchasing a plan for two hosts... this way, if something happens to
one,
the other will be able to join in. And, of course, once cohosts are
added,
that isn't an issue.

I am happy for mine to be used at the moment. I purchased the $15 plan
today for use for our meetings, and for anyone wishing to play around
with
cohost controls, etc. If NVAccess is unable to purchase Zoom, and as a
community we are in agreement on using Zoom or similar platform for
ease of
use and to draw in more attendees, then I will pay the cost for Zoom
up
until con ends. I said this last year as well.

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 6:52 PM Quentin Christensen <
quentin@...> wrote:

Just having a look at Zoom's pricing, they have a pro account for $15
USD / month with up to 100 participants and 1TB cloud recording. The
next
one up is Small Business at $20 USD / month with up to 300
participants,
recording transcripts, managed domains and company branding.

Looks like you save a little paying a year at a time - basically pay
for 10 months, so $150 USD / year or $200 / year for those two plans.
The
next plan up is $240 USD / year for 500 participants, although it says
"contact sales" rather than having the option simply to buy now.

I found several blogs criticising Zoom for not having any plan,
discount or offers for non-profits, so it doesn't look like we can use
our
status to any advantage there (though if we wanted to use Zoom we
could
certainly ask).

Quentin.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 6:39 AM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...>
wrote:

Nimer if you have a zoom account then fine.

On that note, since nvaccess is a charity anyway, we should be able
to have our own zoom account and site like nvaccess.zoom.us.

I am unsure what that would cost.

But I could be in a position to help a little, having no travel due
to covid bar a little tour round the country this year has given me
little more room.

Obviously it wouldn't be much over a hundred or so if it got to that
but I could try I guess.

Sadly due to times when stuff is on I always end up catching
recorded
archives.

On 26/08/2021 3:01 am, Nimer Jaber wrote:

Robert,

We are talking about meeting on TeamTalk, not Teams. I am strongly
opposed to TeamTalk. I am sure that someone in this group has a Zoom
account. If not, I am happy to pay for one for these meetings and set
up a
call. I also have access to Google Meet through a G Suite account,
which
has access to unlimited meetings. We have options. Please, let's kill
off
TeamTalk once and for all. I make a big issue about this because I
don't
want us to start planning using some different tool than the one we
are
going to use for the con itself. We might as well kill off TeamTalk
and
start exploring options.

If con this year is going to be carried out the way it was last
year,
with TeamTalk being used, I will not be part of further planning. I
am
happy to help if con is going to take the step of being more
representative
and inclusive of all users, and most users don't use TeamTalk.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 7:29 AM Robert Hänggi <
aarjay.robert@...> wrote:

Nimer, we will certainly switch but we have to start on common
ground first.
Zoom let's us only meet for 40 minutes right now, until we have a
host
with a pro account. Teams might well be the platform for planning,
it
might not be suited for the final event. Rumors say that its sound
quality isn't the best. Strangely enough, that's what I feel about
Zoom meetings. Of course, I can't say if this is a local
abnormality.
'Til then
Robert

On 25/08/2021, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Hello,

Can we consider, please, meeting using Google Meet, Zoom, or
anything other
than TeamTalk? Both for meetings and for NVDACon itself? Please?

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 1:25 AM Robert Hänggi <
aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

Hi Minako
I'm afraid it will be terribly early for you, the details for
the
meeting can be found here:
https://dateful.com/eventlink/5959565730

The link is valuable for all that want to check the date in
their
local
time.
Please tell me if something's wrong (especially @Laura TT server
info).

On 24/08/2021, Minako Nonogaki <minakonono3519@...> wrote:
I will try to be there on the meeting. I need information for
joining.
Minako Nonogaki

2021/08/24 3:12、derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...>のメール:

I will try to make the Sunday meeting. I believe I will be
available.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 8:21 PM Quentin Christensen
<quentin@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about Shaun. Please pass on condolences
from all
of
us
at NV Access to his family.

Also, re Robert's proposed meeting on Sunday 29. August, 10
pm UTC,
that
works for me as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 2:20 PM lauracornwell <
lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey all,

I am sad to report that Shaun lost his battle with cancer
on
7/5/2021. He was a big part of helping with NVDACon for
2019,and
2020
as well. For NVDACon 2021,, I am wanting to do something
remember
his contributions.

Also, this year just happens to be NVDA 's 15th birthday
and
I would
like to find more people to help with this year's con. When
is
everyone
available to meet for this year’s NVDACon?

If you all could would you all please reply buy the end of
next
week
?
thanks laura cornwell

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 10:29 AM <lcornwell9@...>
wrote:

Hey there, first I am sad to report that Shaun lost his
battle with
cancer on 7/5/2021 He was a big part of 2019,and
also
2020.as
well. so, if someone can please get back with me on this
that would
be
great I am wantting to do something to remember all of
the work
that
to help with both cons. Also when are we having hour first
planning
meeting for this year’s NVDACon?

We are going to need help please because this year just
happens
be
NVDA 15th birthday. I would like to find people to help
out with
this
year’s con this is laura so if people would please get
back with
me
on
this .

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺
⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑
⠁⠞

⠐⠞⠖

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen
reader
for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology