Re: NVdaCon stuff please read and let me know what you all think.

Iván Novegil

Hi all.

I think a transition to another platform is necessary and more than justified. Not only because the features of each one, but also the fact that we should use as many mainstream platforms as we can, specially in times of pandemic when virtual meetings are generally used and now that TeamTalk announced the transition from the classic client to the QT one.
Regarding the platform selection, at the Spanish-speaking community weve reviewed Zoom and noticed some accessibility issues, mainly related to the chat, which prevented us from continuing with that proposal, along with the poor quality of their sales service. Weve discarded other options as well due to their features, and finally come to StreamYard, which even has discounted rates on anual plan for nonprofit. The only difficult thing to do there would be open forums, which we are investigating now.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Iván Novegil Cancelas

Equipo de xestión web e desenvolvemento

NVDA.es Logo
Asociación Comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA
- Tel.: (+34) 910 05 33 25 ext. 2000
ivan.novegil@...
www.NVDA.es
@nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

El 25 ago 2021, a las 22:28, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> escribió:

Teamtalk is a good option.

Zoom you only get an hour unless you pay for zoom licences.

I do not know about google meet, or skype or anything like that.

But I guess if people put in cash you could try zoom I guess.

Teamtalk is quite good though the qt version  is the one getting the most work done on it these days and is still not complete as far as classic is but the teamtalk devs are working on passing bugs to the various places they even have a rep somewhere on here.

On 26/08/2021 12:54 am, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hello,

Can we consider, please, meeting using Google Meet, Zoom, or anything other than TeamTalk? Both for meetings and for NVDACon itself? Please?

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 1:25 AM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Hi Minako
I'm afraid it will be terribly early for you, the details for the
meeting can be found here:
https://dateful.com/eventlink/5959565730

The link is valuable for all that want to check the date in their local time.
Please tell me if something's wrong (especially @Laura TT server info).

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber