Re: NVdaCon stuff please read and let me know what you all think.

Robert Hänggi

OK Nimer, can you in that case provide a perpetual (Zoom) meeting link
for the next 15 weeks?
Date is always Sunday and Time always 11 pm CET. We have to decide how
long the NVDACon event itself should last.
There are opinions that suggest a shorter duration or that it should
be split into parts so that the strain on the moderators isn't that
heavy.
Thanks
Robert

On 25/08/2021, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Hello,

Yes, I did read what you said. I provided options for meeting, to address
your point about not having access to a Zoom meeting. If or when the group
is prepared to move forward with a different platform, please let me know,
and I will be more involved. TeamTalk is not common ground. I don't have
it, and I am not going to install and set it up for a single meeting, just
to uninstall it. Also, I repeat myself: If NVDA Con is to be a success, if
it is to be representative and inclusive, if it is to be more accessible,
the platform has to change. I don't have anything else to say until that
change is made. As this has been an issue of discussion for years now, I
have no confidence, Robert, that this change will be made, thus I am
hesitant to put energy into a project that won't be inclusive or accessible
to most.

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 8:12 AM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

I would appreciate if you could read my notes correctly. I said that
we switch and this includes the planning.
We will go over all those options in due time.
Robert

On 25/08/2021, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Robert,

We are talking about meeting on TeamTalk, not Teams. I am strongly
opposed
to TeamTalk. I am sure that someone in this group has a Zoom account.
If
not, I am happy to pay for one for these meetings and set up a call. I
also
have access to Google Meet through a G Suite account, which has access
unlimited meetings. We have options. Please, let's kill off TeamTalk
once
and for all. I make a big issue about this because I don't want us to
start
planning using some different tool than the one we are going to use for
the
con itself. We might as well kill off TeamTalk and start exploring
options.

If con this year is going to be carried out the way it was last year,
with
TeamTalk being used, I will not be part of further planning. I am happy
help if con is going to take the step of being more representative and
inclusive of all users, and most users don't use TeamTalk.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 7:29 AM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

Nimer, we will certainly switch but we have to start on common ground
first.
Zoom let's us only meet for 40 minutes right now, until we have a host
with a pro account. Teams might well be the platform for planning, it
might not be suited for the final event. Rumors say that its sound
quality isn't the best. Strangely enough, that's what I feel about
Zoom meetings. Of course, I can't say if this is a local abnormality.
'Til then
Robert

On 25/08/2021, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Hello,

Can we consider, please, meeting using Google Meet, Zoom, or
anything
other
than TeamTalk? Both for meetings and for NVDACon itself? Please?

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 1:25 AM Robert Hänggi <
aarjay.robert@...>
wrote:

Hi Minako
I'm afraid it will be terribly early for you, the details for the
meeting can be found here:
https://dateful.com/eventlink/5959565730

The link is valuable for all that want to check the date in their
local
time.
Please tell me if something's wrong (especially @Laura TT server
info).

On 24/08/2021, Minako Nonogaki <minakonono3519@...> wrote:
I will try to be there on the meeting. I need information for
joining.
Minako Nonogaki

2021/08/24 3:12、derek riemer <driemer.riemer@...>のメール:

I will try to make the Sunday meeting. I believe I will be
available.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 8:21 PM Quentin Christensen
<quentin@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about Shaun. Please pass on condolences from
all
of
us
at NV Access to his family.

Also, re Robert's proposed meeting on Sunday 29. August, 10 pm
UTC,
that
works for me as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 2:20 PM lauracornwell <
lauracornwell1@...>
wrote:

Hey all,

I am sad to report that Shaun lost his battle with cancer
on
7/5/2021. He was a big part of helping with NVDACon for
2019,and
2020
as well. For NVDACon 2021,, I am wanting to do something to
remember
his contributions.

Also, this year just happens to be NVDA 's 15th birthday and I
would
like to find more people to help with this year's con. When is
everyone
available to meet for this year’s NVDACon?

If you all could would you all please reply buy the end of
next
week
?
thanks laura cornwell

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 10:29 AM <lcornwell9@...> wrote:

Hey there, first I am sad to report that Shaun lost his battle
with
cancer on 7/5/2021 He was a big part of 2019,and also
2020.as
well. so, if someone can please get back with me on this that
would
be
great I am wantting to do something to remember all of the
work
that
to help with both cons. Also when are we having hour first
planning
meeting for this year’s NVDACon?

We are going to need help please because this year just
happens
be
NVDA 15th birthday. I would like to find people to help out
with
this
year’s con this is laura so if people would please get back
with
me
on
this .

Web: www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Improving the world one byte at a time! ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠮ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕
⠃⠽⠞⠑
⠁⠞

⠐⠞⠖

• Personal website: https://derekriemer.com

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader
for
Windows, visit nvaccess.org <http://www.nvda-project.org>

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology
news.