Re: Happy Xmas (or Notmas as it is called nowadays)

Robert Hänggi

On 29/12/2020, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm aware of that and I intend to be more involved
I see, that's fine.
Maybe we can get you even further than the "Advisor" role that you've
checked... 👍
I am happy to have you on board and look forward to a fruitful collaboration.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020, 06:43 Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@gmail.com> wrote:

On 29/12/2020, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
So I attempted to subscribe, and I responded to the message for
approving
my membership, but I never received any confirmation as to whether or
not I
was subscribed or any sort of a welcome message. So hopefully my
subscription was received.
Of course, I don't check back every few minutes ;-) but
yes, I've received it, thanks.
I hope you're aware that this means active involvement, not just
peeking in, right?
Meetings will still be announced on this list so that you or other
interested parties can visit.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020, 05:02 Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@gmail.com>
wrote:

On 29/12/2020, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh, is there a new mailing list? Interesting.
Yes, just for internal use. There are some issues with the current two
lists related to NVDACon:
- the announcement list has been neglected (one message per year is
underwhelming)
- it will be replaced by a more personal one with custom-tailored news
etc.
- the planning list and its messages are all public apart from the
fact that there are members in it who are obviously not active any
more.
- NVDACon.org doesn't own these lists and can't moderate or anything
with
it.

The new list is at:
https://groups.io/g/nvdacon-team

However, it seems to me that former features of groups.io do slowly
disappear in the free version.
That's a pity.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 5:08 PM lauracornwell
<lauracornwell1@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hey there, sorry it took me a little time to respond but thanks for
all
you have done for this year's con. And also, at the end of this
form
did
you put a link to hour new mailing list? Please let know thanks.