Re: Happy Xmas (or Notmas as it is called nowadays)

Nimer Jaber

So I attempted to subscribe, and I responded to the message for approving my membership, but I never received any confirmation as to whether or not I was subscribed or any sort of a welcome message. So hopefully my subscription was received.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020, 05:02 Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
On 29/12/2020, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
> Oh, is there a new mailing list? Interesting.

Yes, just for internal use. There are some issues with the current two
lists related to NVDACon:
- the announcement list has been neglected (one message per year is
underwhelming)
- it will be replaced by a more personal one with custom-tailored news etc.
- the planning list and its messages are all public apart from the
fact that there are members in it who are obviously not active any
more.
- NVDACon.org doesn't own these lists and can't moderate or anything with it.

The new list is at:
https://groups.io/g/nvdacon-team

However, it seems to me that former features of groups.io do slowly
disappear in the free version.
That's a pity.